991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine too hot - park vehicle to cool down

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2020 | 11:12 AM
T3X4S
Racer

I believe IDZPAY lives in Quebec, Canada and not the U.S.

This is frustrating for sure as an introduction to Porsche. Sorry to hear this IDZPAY. I hope this gets sorted out and fixed.
The following users liked this post:
1DZPAY (08-15-2020)
Old 08-15-2020 | 11:15 AM
1DZPAY
Track Day

Originally Posted by 97supratt
1DZPAY if you purchased your vehicle used then that’s the sad reality of used car dealers in the US. It doesn’t matter which dealer you got to. From Mercedes, Porsche, Honda to Ferrari, the dealers cut costs at the expense of the consumer. The dealers on paper promise they complete a 100-150 point inspection when clearly they miss so many critical issues.

During financing, they want you to sign all the paperwork and get the hell out of there and avoid arbitration.

Try contacting the dealer to repair the issue. If not you can work out a deal with them to either return it or discount the car. If you mention lawyer, they won’t speak to you. You have to speak to them through your attorney.

good luck!
Hello, I am confused you mentioned that I should not say lawyer, but then speak to them through a lawyer?
Old 08-15-2020 | 11:48 AM
SConn
Drifting

Originally Posted by 1DZPAY
Hello, I am confused you mentioned that I should not say lawyer, but then speak to them through a lawyer?
Many times, when you even mention the word "lawyer" to a person employed by a company, they are required to immediately halt all conversations with you, as it is a legal liability at that point. They will have YOUR lawyer speak with THEIR lawyer, if that's the direction you choose to take.
1DZPAY (08-15-2020)
Old 08-15-2020 | 11:53 AM
1DZPAY
Track Day

Originally Posted by C7toM2toGT4?
Many times, when you even mention the word "lawyer" to a person employed by a company, they are required to immediately halt all conversations with you, as it is a legal liability at that point. They will have YOUR lawyer speak with THEIR lawyer, if that's the direction you choose to take.
No, I have my own credibility at stake, I wouldn't jump to faulting legal menaces unless I was forced, I would at least give them a chance to remedy, and within reasonable delay.

However, I understand that they will low ball and blame everything under the sun as to why its not their fault. They will learn really fast that I am no ones fool, I won't buy the BS they are selling.
Old 08-15-2020 | 02:59 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

This is too bad and am sorry to hear. Seems as if the dealership came through for you the first time around by "taking care of the issue" and apologizing to you, but it is really disheartening to hear that the issue is back. Yikes!

Such a shame. It really is such a beautiful looking car.
1DZPAY (08-15-2020)
Old 08-15-2020 | 05:58 PM
rnl
Burning Brakes

No, I have my own credibility at stake, I wouldn't jump to faulting legal menaces unless I was forced, I would at least give them a chance to remedy, and within reasonable delay.

However, I understand that they will low ball and blame everything under the sun as to why its not their fault. They will learn really fast that I am no ones fool, I won't buy the BS they are selling.
not sure how it works in Canada, but down here before I complain I take a few minutes to organize my thoughts, write down the salient points - usually a chronology - and if I'm too pissed off to calmly talk (in very quiet tones) I wait a day or two and then I will speak with service manager. Getting a lawyer involved at this stage is a waste unless you are not capable of effectively relating the facts. You know the facts better that your lawyer Arguments about contractual obligations and statutory duties are important, but you have some very good facts here and those facts should prevail...what's the dealer going to say, "you're imagining it?" I doubt it.

...btw, I've practiced law for over 40 years and I really like the color of your car...steel gray or blue...it's not like my car
1DZPAY (08-15-2020)
Old 08-15-2020 | 06:07 PM
1DZPAY
Track Day

Originally Posted by rnl
not sure how it works in Canada, but down here before I complain I take a few minutes to organize my thoughts, write down the salient points - usually a chronology - and if I'm too pissed off to calmly talk (in very quiet tones) I wait a day or two and then I will speak with service manager. Getting a lawyer involved at this stage is a waste unless you are not capable of effectively relating the facts. You know the facts better that your lawyer Arguments about contractual obligations and statutory duties are important, but you have some very good facts here and those facts should prevail...what's the dealer going to say, "you're imagining it?" I doubt it.

...btw, I've practiced law for over 40 years and I really like the color of your car...steel gray or blue...it's not like my car
Hello, thanks for your comments. The car color is "graphite blue" and I am very happy with it, the interior is a good match with a 2 tone chalk leather / blue sportstech material. Its a classy finish, and with no outdoor patio hanging off the rear as a spoiler. Hopefully the car will be fix (fully fixed) this coming Monday, and put an end to this engine over heating saga.

Old 08-15-2020 | 09:53 PM
97supratt
Burning Brakes

Yes as in if you bring up the word lawyer, that’s a different ballgame. All your communications with the dealer with be through your attorney. The dealer will not speak to you. So think about which route you would like to take.
Old 09-03-2022 | 12:35 PM
drejas
1st Gear

Hello, thanks for your comments. The car color is "graphite blue" and I am very happy with it, the interior is a good match with a 2 tone chalk leather / blue sportstech material. Its a classy finish, and with no outdoor patio hanging off the rear as a spoiler. Hopefully the car will be fix (fully fixed) this coming Monday, and put an end to this engine over heating saga.

Hello 1DZPAY did you solve this issues? what was finally the problem?

Quick Reply: Engine too hot - park vehicle to cool down