Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

eg, is that the black LEDs you ordered?

Very nice looking GTS. Congratz!
Old 07-20-2015, 10:11 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My 2016 GTS Build

Yup, those are the black LEDs. Have never seen them in person but have the regular LEDs on my TT and love them and figured the black LEDs would be awesome. Thanks for the compliments! Can't wait to get her (and get back in a MT car).
Old 07-20-2015, 10:43 PM
eddtiff
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eg991
Yup, those are the black LEDs. Have never seen them in person but have the regular LEDs on my TT and love them and figured the black LEDs would be awesome. Thanks for the compliments! Can't wait to get her (and get back in a MT car).
I have the black LEDs coming on my TT soon too. I've never seen then in person. I ordered them last minute because I thought they would look better than the Bi-xenon's in black.

Are they much darker than the standard LEDs? Is it just the outer rim in black or is the area inside between the 2 bulbs dark too?
Old 07-21-2015, 12:27 AM
ibmiked
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice job eg991!

Maybe I'll take the day off on Monday and drive up to Roslyn to see it in person...
Old 07-21-2015, 01:29 AM
worldattorney
Instructor

Beautiful build that is going to be involving and exciting on a daliy basis...
Old 07-21-2015, 01:37 AM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Turned out great bruh. Agree the 5 lugs aren't quite as nice as the CLs, but I did the same for similar reasons. Please post more pics when you get a sec. Also love the decision to go old school with the MT. Agates a beaut of a color in a world where seemingly Everyone bought white.. That's a classic. Enjoy!
Old 07-21-2015, 04:18 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for all the compliments, guys!! Will post more pics after I pick up the car next week. ibemiked, the car will be sitting at Roslyn until next Monday, so if you do pass by any time before then, stop in and say hi to my car!
Old 07-21-2015, 05:15 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by eg991
Thanks for all the compliments, guys!! Will post more pics after I pick up the car next week. ibemiked, the car will be sitting at Roslyn until next Monday, so if you do pass by any time before then, stop in and say hi to my car!
Congrats! Enjoy that beauty.

I too went NA-to-Turbo-back-to-NA with a '15 GTS, arrived at the end of April. My Turbo was 6M, so it wasn't the transmission that was a problem for me. I just never bonded with the car. Maybe it was the lower redline, the effortlessness of the power, the strangled sound (relative to a PSE-equipped NA car); whatever, I had nothing but good things to say about a 911 Turbo, but I was ready to move back to NA.

BUT...

Every red-blooded American male ought to own a Porsche Turbo at some time in his life.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:43 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Congrats! Enjoy that beauty.

I too went NA-to-Turbo-back-to-NA with a '15 GTS, arrived at the end of April. My Turbo was 6M, so it wasn't the transmission that was a problem for me. I just never bonded with the car. Maybe it was the lower redline, the effortlessness of the power, the strangled sound (relative to a PSE-equipped NA car); whatever, I had nothing but good things to say about a 911 Turbo, but I was ready to move back to NA.

BUT...

Every red-blooded American male ought to own a Porsche Turbo at some time in his life.
NoGaBiker, thanks very much and I totally agree with what you're saying about the TT (both in terms of not bonding with it, and also in terms of having the opportunity to drive one). The TT is an amazing car, but it almost does everything too effortlessly, without any drama. I think a combination of those attributes, plus the move to PDK for me, is what caused me to come back to the N.A./ MT fold. I realized that I just enjoyed driving my old 991 MT C2S more than the TT, even though the TT is off the hook and faster than anything. For straight line acceleration, it's just simply insane (or, to borrow from Tesla's characterization, "ludicrous").
Old 07-22-2015, 08:26 PM
philipatl
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful car! Congrats!!
Old 07-28-2015, 05:27 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

I picked up the car this morning and wanted to post some exterior pics (all taken with iPhone, apologies for the pic quality). I didn't have the opportunity to take any interior pics. Hopefully I'll have the chance to post some of those over the next few days. Wow, is this car amazing. The gearbox is just an absolute delight. Short, precise throws. Feels perfect. And the sound, well . . . it's on a whole other level. Coming out of the TT, the drop in torque and HP is definitely appreciable, although I'm beyond happy to be back in a MT car. As for the interior, I would urge anyone spec'ing a GTS to seriously consider the GTS interior package. It looks amazing! The Alcantara, CF trim, contrast stitching (mine is Carmine red), all work together perfectly. Props to the terrific guys at Porsche of Roslyn who helped me build this fantastic car, and gave me a wonderful buying experience.
Attached Images      
Old 07-28-2015, 05:42 PM
Cheekymonkeyman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Car is looking great! Love the agate with black LED's and am ever so slightly envious!
Old 07-28-2015, 05:52 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Thanks so much! There are so many awesome variations of this car, we can all be a bit envious of each other!
Old 07-28-2015, 05:52 PM
worldattorney
Instructor

Absolutely Beautiful Car!

I like the level of tinting....what percentage tint is that? Did the dealer do it? Do you know the brand/model of the tint? As I'm taking delivery in 2 months, I need to sort the tinting out...and since we have the same color... Thx!
Old 07-28-2015, 06:47 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Thanks so much, worldattorney! The tints are 35% all around (except for the windshield obviously). The dealer did the tint job, and I'm finding out what brand of film was used. Stay tuned.

Quick Reply: My 2016 GTS Build