Sponsored by:

Power steering plus?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 05:35 AM
weejimmy
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Yes, the only difference is very low speeds, where PSP provides more assist. There is no difference at speed.
"The manual says there is no difference at speeds over 30mph".

But manuals are seldom correct and as I am finding out Porsche dealers don't really have an intimate knowledge of the complicated software logic the cars use (understandably) and Porsche are not the best at communicating details of the logic the systems employ. As an example I have had a problem with the Speed Limit indicator on my C4S and the Lead Technican and I are having to work it out for ourselves as the party line (that the camera is king) falls down at step 1 if you study how it operates closely. GPS is also tightly entwined in the logic and in some situations has to be the primary source... so it looks like my issue was the GPS antenna. Porsche wanted to change the screen...

I digress. PSP is complex as is the way your brain perceives stability and grip levels. How a car feels at low speeds affects your perception of it at higher speeds too. How the car feels as the speed increases is an important part of the driving experience. I prefer not to have PSP tweak the weight on my behalf, not least as my driving involves a lot of transitions from sub 30 mph to over 30. So PSP is constantly involved in my driving. If it I did a lot of high speed journeys at constant speeds I doubt I'd feel the same.

Quick Reply: Power steering plus?