Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Targa 4S impressions at 6 months.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 12:33 AM
thomnellie
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Targa 4S impressions at 6 months.

I’ve had my ’15 Targa 4S (PDK, Sport Chrono, PASM, PDCC, Carrera S power kit) for six months now after replacing my ’10 Boxster S, and am in love. In that time, I have taken the Porsche Precision Driving course, allowing me to compare the Boxster GTS and the 911S on the track. I much prefer the 911. Although the Boxsters were fun when pushed, in normal driving they were quite boring. I don’t feel the same way about the 911s, which feel much more “alive” and less “mechanical” to me regardless of speed and driving conditions. Proper technique is essential to getting the best out of the 911s, especially the AWD Targa. Whithout correct use of the brakes to promote weight transfer, the Targa wants to plow through corners. With good technique, cornering is effortless and linear. My Targa feels like its center of gravity is somewhere near the earth’s core (perhaps due to the PDCC) and holds its line on twisty roads so rough that they cost me a tire. This is by far the best car I have ever driven, and I always look for the long way home.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:56 AM
Sharm
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 43 Posts

You, Sir, are my hero! Glad to hear it and I feel the same about mine
Old 04-30-2015, 04:13 AM
vaderone
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Great write up!
Old 04-30-2015, 07:45 AM
pap2828
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thomnellie
I’ve had my ’15 Targa 4S (PDK, Sport Chrono, PASM, PDCC, Carrera S power kit) for six months now after replacing my ’10 Boxster S, and am in love. In that time, I have taken the Porsche Precision Driving course, allowing me to compare the Boxster GTS and the 911S on the track. I much prefer the 911. Although the Boxsters were fun when pushed, in normal driving they were quite boring. I don’t feel the same way about the 911s, which feel much more “alive” and less “mechanical” to me regardless of speed and driving conditions. Proper technique is essential to getting the best out of the 911s, especially the AWD Targa. Whithout correct use of the brakes to promote weight transfer, the Targa wants to plow through corners. With good technique, cornering is effortless and linear. My Targa feels like its center of gravity is somewhere near the earth’s core (perhaps due to the PDCC) and holds its line on twisty roads so rough that they cost me a tire. This is by far the best car I have ever driven, and I always look for the long way home.
nice congrats
Old 04-30-2015, 10:19 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 14 Posts

Amen.

Quick Reply: Targa 4S impressions at 6 months.