Sponsored by:

Base Stereo two month review

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 01:17 AM
rnl
Burning Brakes

Received 426 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by berkeley
With all the ambient noise in the car, engine and tire especially, a high end stereo just doesn't make sense. Testing the sou d system has to be done on the road, the freeway preferably, not at the parking lot at idle speed.
Yup. I just don't get it. But then again there are folks who buy carbon fiber disk brakes for DD cars that will never see a track.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:21 AM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

I think there is something wrong with my car, the interior is not that noisy.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:30 AM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So I went and bought my first CD in more than 10 years. I put it in and had my Spotify at 320kbs connected through the USB port. I switched between each with the same song and same settings on my Bose. The car was parked so no absent noise. I could not tell the difference, and if there was one it was minimal. Conclusion....I think you need to upgrade to Burmester to appreciate the upgraded quality. I may be checking that box next time.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:51 AM
mikegee
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive had a burmeister, bose and base. If you are driving 400miles to Aunt Sally"s house, the Burmeister will covey a better sound package. If you roll the windows down on a coupe, put it in sport mode and start winding out the RpMs, there is no difference between the three. Seriously, a high end sound system on a sport car that is meant to have the hell driven out of it is just ridiculous .

Having said that, resale values are better for Burmeister and Bose over Base, with no diff. between those two--according to my dealer folks want a "nice stereo system" over the base when buying

I spent about 5K for new head unit speakers equalizer, amps and sub for my 2013 VW golf which is the car I drive 100 miles a day to work and listen to tunes all day.

In my Porsche, I listen to the noise IT makes

Quick Reply: Base Stereo two month review