Sponsored by:

Extended warranty on new to me 2014 Carrera S

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 09:52 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Very nice. Do a self warranty. Put the money aside, now. Most likely, you'll be ahead.
+1

Originally Posted by mmaturo
This will be a daily driver of about 20 to 25K miles per year since I may have a long commute coming up for work, so miles will build fast.
That's a lot of miles... highway miles, I'm guessing. You'll run out of miles before you run out of time on any warranty.

Originally Posted by mmaturo
What I was avoiding though really was the depreciation on the car. ... So a Porsche will very comfortably get me to work and even with miles on it will bottom out I think at a higher value in a few years than an RS7 will.
Interesting rationalization. I'm not sure that I agree with it, but please check back in with us in four years, and we'll see.

Anyway, Porsches are pretty darn reliable, and I think that you'll find that if you take that $6K for a warranty and stick it in the bank, use it for any repairs that come up (not maintenance, just repairs) especially when you consider deductibles and such, you're better off.

And in sunny Florida, you shouldn't need tire and wheel warranties, not unless you really drive badly and like to bounce off of curbs. That stuff is for folks who live in pothole country.

Those are my opinions. They are worth approximately twice what you paid for them (a bargain).

Oh, and nice car. Love the interior. I have dual tone interior as well, in greys.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:57 PM
991TurboS
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nails and screws in your tires can happen anywhere.

Quick Reply: Extended warranty on new to me 2014 Carrera S