Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,194 Likes on 717 Posts

^^^^ yup
Old 04-23-2015, 03:26 PM
991TurboS
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You will eventually get some chips and pits on the paint and windshield, but it should be you doing it, not someone else.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:24 PM
ChoyV
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

The mileage looks normal but the stone chips are not. It is up to you and it is your call. If you like the car, DEMAND for additional discounts or parts/service. We will get those stone chips down the life of the car but it is better if it is in our own drive time. So down the line, it will be one of the chips but well compensated by the dealer.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:37 PM
kenysl
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They offer for a windshield change down the road anytime. I am requesting a little more but seems they are reluctant.

Yes, I am leasing it but still doesn't matter really, it is that the dealership treat it carelessly, either intentional or not!

Even a nice coating would be something they should consider. Not the best experience.......
Old 04-23-2015, 04:42 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by kenysl
They offer for a windshield change down the road anytime. I am requesting a little more but seems they are reluctant.

Yes, I am leasing it but still doesn't matter really, it is that the dealership treat it carelessly, either intentional or not!
If you are leasing, why have you paid for the car in full?
Old 04-23-2015, 04:51 PM
kenysl
7th Gear

I meant the leasing company paid in full.....or should I contact the leasing company and let them know such? it is a third party leasing company.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:03 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe things work differently in Canada but not sure why you would pay a lease in full up-front. Some manufacturers (Lexus, M-B) offer a nice discount on a "one-pay" lease, which basically allow you to make a single payment at the beginning of the lease and cut out almost all of the finance charges, but even then there are many opposed to putting anything down or paying any amount up-front. Sounds like the leasing company should be advocating on your behalf hear. They were the go-between between you and the dealer, they should help sort this mess out.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:55 PM
zathras
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

18 miles on a new car? hell I've had rental cars with fewer miles than that! (true story, got a Hertz Mustang in HI with 8 miles on the odo).

but, yeah, chips on a brand new car? the windshield can be replaced, but the paint chips would be a a big red flag to me.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:52 AM
dr.alexs
Instructor

You bought a new car and it's not being delivered that way.
I think the 18 miles is not a big deal. I would expect more like 5-12, but +\- a little is no big deal. I once refused a "new" BMW that came with 300+ miles. That was NOT new.
The chips, as others have said, are not ok. The paint and windscreen should be pristine.
If you can't deal with the flaws, just refuse the delivery. In the US you have not committed to the purchase until you drive the car off the lot - after a test drive. You should have some customer protection up in Canada similar to the U.S.
That said, if they are willing to fix the flaws, I'd do some negotiating. Eventually you will get paint chips and chips in the windscreen. One of my friends took his 911 out on its first drive and immediately got a rock chip in his windscreen. It happens. The fact that they did it means you might be able to get a deal. I'd negotiate for a few more % off, or maybe they'd be willing to give you 2 yrs of free service or something like that. They can probably fix the chips so you hardly notice them...and if you get a few $ for their screw up, all is well.
One more thing - I would have them try to repair, not replace the windscreen. I had my windscreen replaced once and the seal was not the same. They actually had to redo it because of fogging issues, and the replacement glass had a little waviness to it that I couldn't stand. Repair, if possible, is the way to go IMHO.

See the link below re windscreen repair

http://youtu.be/kv9Jy7PbbHM
Old 04-25-2015, 10:58 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,407 Likes on 2,514 Posts

Originally Posted by kenysl
The car has 30km on it, is that too much?
Again.

N
O
R
M
A
L

See here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8127...-car-have.html
Old 04-28-2015, 08:41 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Mileage is normal. Stone chips ARE NOT !

Quick Reply: chipped windshield and hood spotted