Lowering the 991S

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 09:02 PM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Augustomf
Do you have Pics?
Dialed down quite a bit, plenty of room to go up (and down actually)...
Attached Images  
Old 04-18-2015, 06:36 AM
Slantnose!
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow...that just looks right!
Can you forward me some information on those?
Old 04-18-2015, 08:46 AM
Augustomf
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Very nice, do you have pics of the adjustable springs?

How did it drive?
Old 04-18-2015, 08:58 AM
Leverageconsult
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Leverageconsult
I just did mine with HR springs. Looks amazing.

Old 04-18-2015, 09:03 AM
Leverageconsult
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What was labor? I just quoted with Vertex Auto in Miami, they said by the book 12 hours (a bit much IMO), so around 1200 plus alignment, 175.

The H&R are a bigger drop than the Eibach which are a little more than SPASM.

If anyone has the color codes for the rear SPASM springs, please post it. We could not see the Marking on Slantnose's rear coil.
That's way too much money. Call Rob in Boca at Fine Works
(561) 654-4674. He is approx 600-800 installed with two alignments. One when it is done and one after the springs settle in 600 miles. Rob works on all exotics. He is the real deal. He also owns a Ferrari Modena 360.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:53 AM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Originally Posted by Slantnose!
Wow...that just looks right!
Can you forward me some information on those?
Thanks! The KW HAS (height adjustable springs) work with your PASM. Adjusting the ride height is done easily with the silver tool shown in the photo. They cost new around $1,500.

Very nice, do you have pics of the adjustable springs?

How did it drive?
Drove like stock, maybe a tad stiffer, but I couldn't really tell to be honest. I had coil-overs on the M3 and that was a harsh ride, this was pretty mild. I didn't dial it down too much since the roads in Upstate NY are riddled with potholes.
Attached Images  
Old 04-18-2015, 10:20 AM
Augustomf
Rennlist Member

Really cool this KW setup.
This morning I put new PSS and while they were switching the tires I looked over the back suspension. Found the markings, Blue + Blue and Green, which does not match any I found on the parts catalog. Markings were kind of turned towards the car, difficult to see.
But the most interesting is that my lower seat is different from the Picture Slantnose posted, and the back strut has groves so in theory you can lower the back of the car just by moving the seat to a lower grove. I have an Elise and it has the same setup for fine tuning the suspension, but unlike the Porsche which only the back has that, it has on all four corners.
Also looking at the back suspension it should not take more than 1 hour per corner to do the job, very simple to take the strut out.
Attached Images  
Old 04-18-2015, 10:42 AM
Augustomf
Rennlist Member

Team Plutonium, looked up the KW solution, very similar to the Elephant Racing solution.
Did you have the PDCC version, looking over the KW website that had two offerings one for PDCC car and one for cars without PDCC.
Attached Images  
Old 04-18-2015, 01:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Really cool this KW setup.
This morning I put new PSS and while they were switching the tires I looked over the back suspension. Found the markings, Blue + Blue and Green, which does not match any I found on the parts catalog. Markings were kind of turned towards the car, difficult to see.
But the most interesting is that my lower seat is different from the Picture Slantnose posted, and the back strut has groves so in theory you can lower the back of the car just by moving the seat to a lower grove. I have an Elise and it has the same setup for fine tuning the suspension, but unlike the Porsche which only the back has that, it has on all four corners.
Also looking at the back suspension it should not take more than 1 hour per corner to do the job, very simple to take the strut out.
I had an Elise too, we've discussed this elsewhere on the forum. My tech said it is not a height adjustment but it sure as hell looks like one. Apparently it's not in the shop manuals and no one seems to know why it's there if Spasm, which is what I have, is supposed to be the lowest factory setup and the front has zero adjustment, it's odd.
Old 04-18-2015, 07:59 PM
Augustomf
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 008
I had an Elise too, we've discussed this elsewhere on the forum. My tech said it is not a height adjustment but it sure as hell looks like one. Apparently it's not in the shop manuals and no one seems to know why it's there if Spasm, which is what I have, is supposed to be the lowest factory setup and the front has zero adjustment, it's odd.
008, do you think you could try to check the markings on your rear springs, also check in what strut grove your spring seat is at. I wonder if Spasm is a combination of spring and different seat setting. Those groves are not there for nothing, and moving the seat has only one effect, lowering or raising the car, that's for sure, just like on adjustable coil overs.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:01 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,604 Likes on 2,343 Posts

thought I'd provide the link to the KW H.A.S kit http://www.kw-suspensions.com/produc...ers-13661.html

I think this might be a good option to replacing the stock suspension with Damptronics to obtain adjustment
Old 04-19-2015, 10:55 AM
Burning Brakes

008, do you think you could try to check the markings on your rear springs, also check in what strut grove your spring seat is at. I wonder if Spasm is a combination of spring and different seat setting. Those groves are not there for nothing, and moving the seat has only one effect, lowering or raising the car, that's for sure, just like on adjustable coil overs.
I'll take a look. I think you're right, they may just use a different shock tube altogether in the front. It may also be like the Elise, that you move the seat up to compress the spring further to lower the car. Haven't taken the strut assembly out but that would make sense, given there shouldn't be a lower factory setting.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:48 AM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Team Plutonium, looked up the KW solution, very similar to the Elephant Racing solution.
Did you have the PDCC version, looking over the KW website that had two offerings one for PDCC car and one for cars without PDCC.
My 991S had no PDCC.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:07 PM
Burning Brakes

I have blue orange and green markings. The seat is on the upper most thread, which if the springs are preloaded should be the lowest setting...
Old 04-20-2015, 08:29 AM
Slantnose!
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default springs....

Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
My 991S had no PDCC.
Wonder if that makes a difference?

Quick Reply: Lowering the 991S