Sponsored by:

991 GTS MY15 MT/PDK based questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 11:50 AM
turtleracing
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default 991 GTS MY15 MT/PDK based questions

Panorama, January 2015 page 49 states " ... mildly annoying " roll-over" engagement...". A read of the P website and the thread on MT in this forum leaves even more confused as to what a MY 15 GTS MT is. I have not driven one and my frame of reference for a P MT is my 78SC and 2000 Boxster S. So how is it different/the same as the PDK ? When did this change in the MT occur ?
Old 04-03-2015, 12:00 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,589 Likes on 2,335 Posts

Originally Posted by turtleracing
Panorama, January 2015 page 49 states " ... mildly annoying " roll-over" engagement...". A read of the P website and the thread on MT in this forum leaves even more confused as to what a MY 15 GTS MT is. I have not driven one and my frame of reference for a P MT is my 78SC and 2000 Boxster S. So how is it different/the same as the PDK ? When did this change in the MT occur ?
Not entirely sure what your question is; are you asking about the differences and commonalties between the Manual Transmission vs. PDK on the GTS?

The manual and PDK share *many* components in common, they are both 7 gear systems, the primary difference is that the PDK has dual clutches which are
automatically actuated, and the MT has a single clutch which is manually operated.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:25 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by turtleracing
Basically, it happened when Porsche decided to develop PDK for the 911. They knew that for a while at least they'd need to have both a manual and PDK. The layout or design of the two gearboxes is different, so that it would be costly to develop two completely different transmissions. Instead, Porsche decided to develop PDK, while redesigning the manual to work with the PDK design. The result is a manual that is almost all PDK, yet works surprisingly well.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...-pdk-tech-dept

Quick Reply: 991 GTS MY15 MT/PDK based questions