Sponsored by:

Entry Drive Feature

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 06:00 PM
Leverageconsult
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Entry Drive Feature

So I was washing my car the other day at a self-service carwash where i used a very low pressured pressure washer. When I got to the front of the vehicle and I was washing down the hood all of a sudden it popped open. Has anyone else experienced this with washing the vehicle that has this feature on their car?
Old 04-01-2015, 06:04 PM
gusp
Instructor

Yes, but it only happens if you have your key in your pocket. I set my key down in my garage while washing.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:05 PM
Leverageconsult
Advanced

Ok. I appreciate that. I'm new to Porsche. So I have a ton of questions. Lol. Thanks again.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:47 PM
mtony
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Just leave the key inside the car. Problem solved.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:46 AM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 856 Likes on 431 Posts

The manual talks about this very phenomena.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:35 AM
pap2828
Racer

Originally Posted by Leverageconsult
So I was washing my car the other day at a self-service carwash where i used a very low pressured pressure washer. When I got to the front of the vehicle and I was washing down the hood all of a sudden it popped open. Has anyone else experienced this with washing the vehicle that has this feature on their car?
Yes this happened to me once and followed the advice below.

However, I am very impressed with entry and drive and could not live without it now!
Old 04-02-2015, 03:52 AM
hoppah
Advanced

The fun is not in the fact that the slightest trickle of water will pop the hood open like magic (letting you soak everything under the hood), the fun is that the same exact feature will leave you looking like Merlin the Failing Magician standing in a parking lot with some groceries waving your hand around praying the G-D thing opens soon before the crowd really starts laughing.

H.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:45 AM
Slantnose!
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I've done that before, too...
Old 04-02-2015, 09:22 AM
Sharm
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 43 Posts

This happens to me all the time. I think when you're holding a hose with a metallic tip it must act as an amplifier or something. the last time I washed my car it opened like 5 times! Stupid me though, I never thought to just leave my fob in the car.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:39 AM
pap2828
Racer

Originally Posted by hoppah
The fun is not in the fact that the slightest trickle of water will pop the hood open like magic (letting you soak everything under the hood), the fun is that the same exact feature will leave you looking like Merlin the Failing Magician standing in a parking lot with some groceries waving your hand around praying the G-D thing opens soon before the crowd really starts laughing.

H.
Ha..this was me when I first had the car and I had given up using the open trunk feature, however, a few weeks ago i went back to it and it hasn't failed to work since! Now thats magic!!
Old 04-02-2015, 12:45 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 322 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by hoppah

H.
Rain water does not affect it at all. It takes also placing something solid like a hand within a few inches of the sensor. What you describe has not happened to me in 3 years of ownership.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:58 PM
RFMASSA
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Happens to me also when washing the car. It is not so much a trickle of water that does it for me (at least from my experience), but a large heavy mass of water rolling down the crest area onto the bumper. And the water hose is no where near the hood at that point. Way off to the side of the car.

Quick Reply: Entry Drive Feature