Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Child Carseat That Fits 991s Coupe Rear Seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 11:59 PM
TXGold
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Just received my 991.2 C4S and love it but also just received the Cosco Scenera and while small, it’s fitment does not work forward facing for my 22mo daughter. She is already at the upper fitments of the belt slots and her feet have to go to either side of my seat. I believe this is because of the way the seat fits in the rear seat area. Does anyone have a better idea of how to install this seat? Cut plastic base down some? Remove rear seat? My son needs to go on the pax side so I’d really like to be able to get her to fit behind drivers seat in a safe chair. Very happy about the weight of this seat.

is there a seat this size (or preferable even less tall and bulky so it sits tighter) that uses the click latches for the baby seat anchors between seat bottom and back?
Old 03-27-2018, 03:33 AM
samduhspam
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK. Seeing if there are any updates to available car seats that fit. I am looking for Rear Facing Convertible seat. Any suggestions. I so far have Maxi cosi pria 70 and Cosco Scenera to try. Any others?

Thanks!
Old 03-27-2018, 04:47 AM
AlexLou
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I had Recaro convertible seat, which is rear and front facing, I used it for my daughter from new born all the way till now 3.5 yrs old, and it looks like she can be in there for another 6 months. And this seat is more upright than other rear facing seat so it would work well in the 911. Sorry I forgot the model of the seat...
Old 03-27-2018, 04:49 AM
AlexLou
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Ohh, I saw the name on the side, it’s Recaro ProRIDE. Quality is top notch, and the ‘Recaro’ logo can see through from 911 side quarter window so it looks cool too.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:35 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by samduhspam
OK. Seeing if there are any updates to available car seats that fit. I am looking for Rear Facing Convertible seat. Any suggestions. I so far have Maxi cosi pria 70 and Cosco Scenera to try. Any others?

Thanks!
Scenera is the smallest, narrowest, lightest seat available for your needs.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:16 AM
wutangmo15
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got a 2014 911 Turbo a couple of days ago. I tried the Diono Radian RXT but it seems it is too tall. The top is hitting the pillar. Does the Turbo have a slightly different layout or did I just not "massage" it enough to make it fit?
Old 04-09-2018, 03:07 AM
Tangerine
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by wutangmo15
I just got a 2014 911 Turbo a couple of days ago. I tried the Diono Radian RXT but it seems it is too tall. The top is hitting the pillar. Does the Turbo have a slightly different layout or did I just not "massage" it enough to make it fit?
I had to get it just right so it would fit, though I think it might have touched the side, for sure not rubbing up against it. This was behind the passenger seat, I recall I tried once behind the driver and couldn't find the right angle. But I have a booster seat back there now, no longer the RXT.

Speaking of which, I removed the back seat where the Booster seat is installed. It's a full back booster with LATCH connectors, only downside was it was a bit upright. So I searched around and found a post showing how to pop the rear seat backs out. Now it's a better fit, with no safety compromise from what I can tell--I think it's likely more safe in fact since sometimes those seat backs can get unlatched. I'd recommend it except it seems to have vanished from availability: CYBEX Solution X-Fix was the name. Hope it wasn't recalled...

No it seems just there is a new model, which appears to have the same base size: http://cybex-online.com/us/carseats/solutionq2fix.html The back area is largish but rounded and nothing sharp. It was fine before but really great with the seat back removed. Having the rigid latch connectors is really nice.
The following users liked this post:
yocubed (06-26-2019)
Old 04-11-2018, 11:51 PM
wutangmo15
Rennlist Member

I ended up using a Graco Slim Fit and the Maxi Cosi RodiFix Booster Seat. They both fit very well. I gave up on the Diono since it was rubbing against the pillar and I could only contort myself for so long before I threw in the towel.

Sorry about the hazy photo. I think my phone case is messing with the flash. So time for a new case.

Also, I'm in a 991.1 Turbo Coupe.
​​​​​​
Old 04-12-2018, 10:41 AM
achtung6
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Great solution for minimalist rear booster seat in 991

I can recommend the Clek Olli with a slight modification. I removed the arm supports and it’s a perfect fit in the rear seats of the 991. My four year old loves it and I love it because it uses the cars LATCH anchors so it doesn’t move or make noise whether it’s in use or not. The arm supports are easy to remove with a Torx driver. The gray colored booster blends in very well with the black seats in my car. Sorry about the photo. It was the only one I could find on my phone. I can post a better photo of the seat if anyone is interested. The Olli used to be close to $90-100 but I just saw them on Amazon for $75. This is a very well built booster seat and is worth the money. I have 3 of them. I modified one for the 911. The mod is reversible should I need to put the arm rests back on.

Old 04-15-2018, 01:17 PM
dsylvester
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

this thread was super helpful in picking a car seat - thanks! Here's a few pictures of the Maxi Cosi RodiFix installed . This thing works great in my 991.1 cab - I've used other seats before but am quite honestly blown away by how secure this thing is once installed . The back has almost no play (a good thing) once pulled tight . And it's narrow enough that the sides don't press into the side panel or center console . Strongly recommend this seat .
Foodnut92130 (06-22-2021)
Old 04-15-2018, 04:54 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by dsylvester

this thread was super helpful in picking a car seat - thanks! Here's a few pictures of the Maxi Cosi RodiFix installed . This thing works great in my 991.1 cab - I've used other seats before but am quite honestly blown away by how secure this thing is once installed . The back has almost no play (a good thing) once pulled tight . And it's narrow enough that the sides don't press into the side panel or center console . Strongly recommend this seat .
Thanks for the post. Just (finally) pulled the trigger on this today as my 25-month-old is hitting 40lbs. Seems like a really well-designed seat.
NoSubs (02-27-2021)
Old 04-17-2018, 09:30 PM
hsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I understand there are a few booster seat options that utilize the 3 point seat (Maxi Cosi, Peg prego, etc) belt however are there any harness booster seats that are proven to fit in the back of a 991 coupe?
Old 04-17-2018, 09:47 PM
wutangmo15
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hsmith
I understand there are a few booster seat options that utilize the 3 point seat (Maxi Cosi, Peg prego, etc) belt however are there any harness booster seats that are proven to fit in the back of a 991 coupe?
The
Graco slim fit Graco slim fit
is a convertible that fits quite well.

"All-in-One Seat
This convertible car seat takes your child from rear-facing (5-40 lb) to forward-facing (22-65 lb) to a high back belt-positioning booster (30-100 lb)."
Old 04-18-2018, 09:27 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by wutangmo15
The
Graco slim fit Graco slim fit
is a convertible that fits quite well.

"All-in-One Seat
This convertible car seat takes your child from rear-facing (5-40 lb) to forward-facing (22-65 lb) to a high back belt-positioning booster (30-100 lb)."
Any photos of this in the rear seat of a 991?

I'm looking for an interim seat that's between the Cosco Scenera Next and the Maxi Cosi. My 2 year old son is 34lbs and 38" which is in between those two seats currently in my possession. Appreciate any recommendations!
Old 04-18-2018, 09:35 AM
///Armin
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Marked.

Quick Reply: Child Carseat That Fits 991s Coupe Rear Seat