Sponsored by:

Child Carseat That Fits 991s Coupe Rear Seat

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 02:19 PM
paxton
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by TorqueChap
Drove through 5 countries in Europe with an Aton 2. (Thank me later )
Were you using the Aton 2 rear facing? If so, did you install the base as well?

Thanks!
Old 06-07-2017, 02:26 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 276 Posts

Reviving this thread in case someone with a newborn/infant needs a great *new* rear facing infant seat. This seat was just in case I needed to transport the baby in the 991.1 while the wife's Macan was on the road. He was fitted in it otherwise it was never used.

Fits perfectly to allow a 5'5" or under person to still use the front seat for a reasonable drive (1 hour max the wife would say!)

* CYBEX Aton 2 Infant Car Seat, Moon Dust color, 2016 model
* Includes the new anti-dive base
* 199.99 on amazon Amazon Amazon
$130 OBO plus shipping - PM me.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:33 PM
XLOR8T
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya I'm waiting for my 991.2 4 GTS can to land so I can start the trial and error process to see what forward facing seat works that meets Canadian requirements. We have a Britax Advocate in my wife's car so I'm gonna start there and see what needs to be different in dimensions to fit. No one seems to able to help. Porsche says call car seat manufacturer and they say they don't have data on new 911
Old 06-07-2017, 11:31 PM
coopmike
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XLOR8T
Ya I'm waiting for my 991.2 4 GTS can to land so I can start the trial and error process to see what forward facing seat works that meets Canadian requirements. We have a Britax Advocate in my wife's car so I'm gonna start there and see what needs to be different in dimensions to fit. No one seems to able to help. Porsche says call car seat manufacturer and they say they don't have data on new 911
clek is a Canadian company and I've got their 2017 FLLO model in my 991.2. Latch up to 40 lbs and then belt must be used, which is a little awkward. If you go with clek, watch their online install videos a few times first in addition to reading the manual for proper setup. Set up the belts BEFORE installing in the car. Make sure to buy from a retailer that allows returns in case you don't like the fit.

Good luck.
Old 06-08-2017, 02:49 PM
XLOR8T
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by coopmike
clek is a Canadian company and I've got their 2017 FLLO model in my 991.2. Latch up to 40 lbs and then belt must be used, which is a little awkward. If you go with clek, watch their online install videos a few times first in addition to reading the manual for proper setup. Set up the belts BEFORE installing in the car. Make sure to buy from a retailer that allows returns in case you don't like the fit.

Good luck.
thank you! Will look up a retailer.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:32 PM
XLOR8T
Rennlist Member

Default 991.2 cab forward facing seat

so went to buybuy baby on delivery day and tried 20 different seats. Best I could find and make work was the Diono Radian RXT. Yes there's a gap behind but I used foam board to fill it. It appears the Cab models Don't have a tether latch point but the UAS latch system makes a very snug fit. Oh and the cab is so easy to install in with top down. Easier than my wife's SUV I would say.
Old 08-20-2017, 02:11 AM
rubenhak
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

so went to buybuy baby on delivery day and tried 20 different seats. Best I could find and make work was the Diono Radian RXT. Yes there's a gap behind but I used foam board to fill it. It appears the Cab models Don't have a tether latch point but the UAS latch system makes a very snug fit. Oh and the cab is so easy to install in with top down. Easier than my wife's SUV I would say.
Hi, I just wanted to ask if you could make the windshield work with the Diono Radiant RXT? Also, how does it compare with the Britax carseat? How about Clek Fllo?

One more thing, when you said "tried 20 different seats", did you mean tried in the car or just measured? I wonder how did you convince them to take out all their car seats to try in the car?

I recently had a surgery on my back and am trying to reduce number of tries of carseat installation. Thanks.
Old 08-20-2017, 02:38 AM
XLOR8T
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rubenhak
Hi, I just wanted to ask if you could make the windshield work with the Diono Radiant RXT? Also, how does it compare with the Britax carseat? How about Clek Fllo?

One more thing, when you said "tried 20 different seats", did you mean tried in the car or just measured? I wonder how did you convince them to take out all their car seats to try in the car?

I recently had a surgery on my back and am trying to reduce number of tries of carseat installation. Thanks.
if you are referring to windscreen, it will not work with any of the car seats I tried. Most are taller than the windscreens level.

As for trying. Yes I physically tried them. I don't mean to be vain but the young staff at the store were happy to bring the first one out and once they saw what car it was going in they were very enthusiastic to try any seat to help me.

Clek Fllo was a close 2nd. The angle is more reclined and left less leg room for my son.

I like the Diono but I will say it's not a Beitax advocate. The harness need a little fiddle to make it fit right. And doesn't have the click tight easy install tech of the britax. But on the plus side it folds for storage since I'm not permanently leaving it in the car. It has a very heavy duty steel frame and felt solid. I will say I think will be extremely challenging installing it in a coupe given the tight space to work with in tightening the straps.
Old 08-20-2017, 02:53 AM
rubenhak
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

if you are referring to windscreen, it will not work with any of the car seats I tried. Most are taller than the windscreens level.

As for trying. Yes I physically tried them. I don't mean to be vain but the young staff at the store were happy to bring the first one out and once they saw what car it was going in they were very enthusiastic to try any seat to help me.

Clek Fllo was a close 2nd. The angle is more reclined and left less leg room for my son.

I like the Diono but I will say it's not a Beitax advocate. The harness need a little fiddle to make it fit right. And doesn't have the click tight easy install tech of the britax. But on the plus side it folds for storage since I'm not permanently leaving it in the car. It has a very heavy duty steel frame and felt solid. I will say I think will be extremely challenging installing it in a coupe given the tight space to work with in tightening the straps.
Yes sure, I was referring to windscreen I was hoping to find a carseat that would be just couple of feet lower than the Britax Marathon. That would be enough for the windscreen to operate.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:18 PM
clemsondds
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

So did we determine that Diono Radian RXT is the best car seat if you need a 5 point harness? Any other suggestions? Thanks
Old 08-22-2017, 05:21 PM
XLOR8T
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by clemsondds
So did we determine that Diono Radian RXT is the best car seat if you need a 5 point harness? Any other suggestions? Thanks
from what was available here in canada that's what I found to fit best. It will be a bit of work getting into a coupe but that's with any seat.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:56 PM
koala
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by HK G36C
I wanted to wake this thread up, because there has been new slim car seat that works well in our 991s. I need a forward facing carseat that would work for our 2 and 4 year old girls. I installed a Greco slim-fit that works great. It is secure in the back with no movement. I am going to try the Cosi maxi for our 4 year old later this week, but our 4 and 2 year old fit great in the Greco seat. I like the 5 point harness with latches and ability to run the shoulder belt either across or behind the car seat. Baby R US gave me a discount on it. So ended up being 175. 00 Good colors, also!
Are you happy with the outcome on this seat? Long time lurker here, finally pulling the trigger on a CPO 2013 S and now my first "mod" is to get a pair of seats for my 1.5 and 3 year old
Old 08-26-2017, 11:05 AM
clemsondds
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
Default seat

Ok, so I am still on the lookout for the best 5 point harness. I tried in the Diono RXT. It did fit but it stuck out about 2-3 inches beyond the rear seat...which decreases leg room. I am looking for a 5 point harness that fits as well as my daughters Maxicosi rodifix. I have heard the Graco Slimfit and the Evenflo Securekid DLx fit pretty good; has anyone tried those? Finally, someone mentioned awhile back the Cosco HighBack booster that has 5 point harness. Anyone try this?
Thanks again for your help!
Old 08-26-2017, 09:58 PM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Update: We flipped our Safety 1st Guide 65 to forward facing this afternoon. I did not love it rear facing since it was difficult to get really locked down, but it is much better forward facing using the LATCH belt.

My wife was very comfortable and I would probably be fine riding shotgun even on a long trip.

This was the first time our son (27 months) has ever been in a forward-facing seat and he LOVED it. He was laughing and yelling, "Dada, more fast/loud!"

We drove for just over two hours and he did not complain
Old 08-27-2017, 03:30 PM
968boy
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Need two boosters and wanted the well documented MaxiCosi Rodifix in this thread...but not available in Canada

Originally Posted by clemsondds
Ok, so I am still on the lookout for the best 5 point harness. I tried in the Diono RXT. It did fit but it stuck out about 2-3 inches beyond the rear seat...which decreases leg room. I am looking for a 5 point harness that fits as well as my daughters Maxicosi rodifix. I have heard the Graco Slimfit and the Evenflo Securekid DLx fit pretty good; has anyone tried those? Finally, someone mentioned awhile back the Cosco HighBack booster that has 5 point harness. Anyone try this?
Thanks again for your help!

Quick Reply: Child Carseat That Fits 991s Coupe Rear Seat