77tony
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 118 Posts

Fantabulous T
Old 03-22-2015, 09:36 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Beautiful !!!! Congratulations and welcome to the GTS club.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:47 AM
Charcharius
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Congrats! This makes me want to join the Wild Rose PCA to see more cars up close!
Old 03-22-2015, 11:06 AM
Gasguzlr
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats from another Edmontonian and GTS owner! Your build is gorgeous! You are going to love the car. I've been driving mine to work for the last 2 weeks dispite the rocks and crap on the road. Unfortunately, one looks out your window today will confirm that it's not coming out to play for awhile again. Looks like we got about a foot of snow!

A few questions, if you will. First, I didn't know about the transport... I drove mine home in january and they did not offer to trailor it. Which SA did you use? Second, who does your detailing locally? This is something I would consider as well. I have a ClearBra on mine, but would love to protect the paint as well. Driving around these last couple od weeks was like driving into machine gun fire!! They clearly do not even attempt to filter the sh*t the throw down onto the roads.

Cheers, and enjoy the car to the fullest!

Ross
Old 03-22-2015, 12:19 PM
Just J
Rennlist Member

Received 383 Likes on 179 Posts

Very pretty. You got the fastest color. I like the fact that you deleted all the model designations - gives it a clean and purposeful look.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:13 PM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Received 331 Likes on 219 Posts

Sweet looking ride,.....the rear view of a GTS with the black grill to me is just fantastic, does so much for the car over the standard "S" grill IMO
Old 03-22-2015, 01:38 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 611 Likes on 281 Posts

I think I made the right choice by picking GT Silver for my GTS....looks sexy OP!
Old 03-22-2015, 03:13 PM
the2thdr
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vise
Congrats, look forward to seeing the after pics!

My guess is because you're still a free a member... if you complete the Premium (paid) Membership you can post unlimited pics. Sort it out so that we can see those pics!
Thanks, Vise. Have to admit that after seeing your pics, it left me wondering if I should have gone with SBM. If it had not been GT Silver, it would have been SBM.

Originally Posted by Gasguzlr
Congrats from another Edmontonian and GTS owner! Your build is gorgeous! You are going to love the car. I've been driving mine to work for the last 2 weeks dispite the rocks and crap on the road. Unfortunately, one looks out your window today will confirm that it's not coming out to play for awhile again. Looks like we got about a foot of snow!

A few questions, if you will. First, I didn't know about the transport... I drove mine home in january and they did not offer to trailor it. Which SA did you use? Second, who does your detailing locally? This is something I would consider as well. I have a ClearBra on mine, but would love to protect the paint as well. Driving around these last couple od weeks was like driving into machine gun fire!! They clearly do not even attempt to filter the sh*t the throw down onto the roads.

Cheers, and enjoy the car to the fullest!

Ross
Ross, thank you. I am sending a PM on some of the things you asked about. I did not get a chance to answer until now because of having to clear this dump of snow. I don't mind it for the moisture, but OMG are we going to double the pothole count now. I wish our city was a little more proactive like Montreal and Toronto in this regard.

Like to say thanks to everyone for the comments. I enjoy the sense of community here and am looking to sharing more moving forward.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:44 PM
Cheekymonkeyman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous!
Old 03-22-2015, 05:19 PM
SMZ
Advanced

Congrats. Stunning car! I'm interested to hear how much "paint correction" it will need when it gets to your detailer. I have the flat black and was a little underwhelmed as there were a couple superficial imperfections, granted my car had been sitting on the lot for a few months and don't really know how meticulous the dealer is when they hand wash it. I plan on giving it a good machine polish once the weather improves a little. Assuming yours will be pristine since it's fresh out of the wrapper.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:32 PM
svb
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Really nice classy and well optioned.

I have the older version twin....997 GTS 4 GT silver 6 speed.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:41 PM
David in Talent
Racer

Do you have SPASM on your car ? If so, can you comment on the ride ? Considering ordering SPASM + PDCC.....
Old 03-22-2015, 09:45 PM
HRE Wheels
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:52 PM
the2thdr
Instructor

Originally Posted by SMZ
Congrats. Stunning car! I'm interested to hear how much "paint correction" it will need when it gets to your detailer. I have the flat black and was a little underwhelmed as there were a couple superficial imperfections, granted my car had been sitting on the lot for a few months and don't really know how meticulous the dealer is when they hand wash it. I plan on giving it a good machine polish once the weather improves a little. Assuming yours will be pristine since it's fresh out of the wrapper.
I'll let you know once it is backed. They do a good job of photo documenting everything.

Originally Posted by David in Talent
Do you have SPASM on your car ? If so, can you comment on the ride ? Considering ordering SPASM + PDCC.....
It does have SPASM, but I won't be able to comment for about a month to 6 weeks. Waiting for the road conditions to improve around here. Unfortunately, the people in charge of snow management in our City are not the brightest bulbs in the pack and we are condemned to about 500,000 potholes each spring because we can't realize that snow needs to be removed before it has a chance to melt and cause potholes. Sorry, rant mode over.

At any rate, while the film on the paint and windshield can help to reduce the chance of damage, I am sitting it out a little bit until the roads are in better shape. Once I am out I will definitely report back on it.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:55 PM
the2thdr
Instructor

Originally Posted by HRE Wheels
Wow.
Thank you! It will be even better next year with some centerlock P106's

Quick Reply: Picked up at last...GT Silver 911 Carrera 4 GTS