HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 09:10 PM
AWay
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Has it been tracked?
Yes, one PCA day before I picked up the Radical. I used a second set of wheels/tires and pads for the day but have since sold those items here as well.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:16 PM
kingerm
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
My buddy ended up buying it this past wkend. I haven't gotten a full report yet but he seems very happy with purchase.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:19 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by kingerm
My buddy ended up buying it this past wkend. I haven't gotten a full report yet but he seems very happy with purchase.

Did you tell him about it or he see it here?
Old 05-30-2018, 06:47 PM
Vintage72
Burning Brakes

Received 400 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Has it been tracked?
I hope so - a shame not to at least a coupe of times!
Old 05-30-2018, 06:51 PM
AWay
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Vintage72
I hope so - a shame not to at least a coupe of times!
It is remarkable just how competent these cars are right out of the box. Basically 997 GT3 levels of track performance. That said, there is no substitute for a proper racing car which has completely ruined me for any future sports cars.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:43 PM
sracer
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AWay

It is remarkable just how competent these cars are right out of the box. Basically 997 GT3 levels of track performance. That said, there is no substitute for a proper racing car which has completely ruined me for any future sports cars.
+1
Old 05-31-2018, 02:43 PM
nine3leven
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to personally say thank you to STG and all the others who contribute to this forum. I'm a long time lurker and have been looking for that "unicorn" 911 for over a year, maybe close to 2, I lost track. I learned so much from here from what options are worth it, to what is a reasonable price. It is greatly appreciated. I let one get away (thankfully) but did not head the advice at the time of letting $2k get in the way of a great car. I finally found "that one" and sealed the deal yesterday. I was coming from an older but low mileage cayman that I really enjoyed. When I saw this one, it was the same as my cayman, black with black wheels. I had a wonderful experience with the dealer who gave me a fair trade price on the cayman, and what I think was a fair price on a well equipped car that was going to go fast (right at $40k off build). I know some guys are getting $45k off, but this one had it all and was the unicorn I was looking for. And he did come off his asking price as well. Luckily no pictures were on their website when I first saw it and initiated the inquiry. They did say they had other inquiries, and I do believe them, I did not get the "high pressure" sale vibe. The story is an older gentleman (like 80s) who moved into a Cayman GT4. The dealer had replaced the front lip when they CPO'd it.

I couldn't wipe the grin off my face even in the pouring rain. I have to take it back for a detail and one spot on the panel they will fix. I wish the weather would clear up enough to wash it but I'm not sure I'll be in luck. The pic is from the dealer when I inquired about the car as the dealer is out of town.

The wife approves and is happy I'm not still shopping or telling her about what I read on the "forum".

Thanks again guys. I am going to try to get to some meet ups in the Florida area. The dealer included 1 year of PCA membership with the car so I will attempt to get to some of those to check it out.

I was happy to buy a membership to Rennlist to share a pic!

2015 C2S CPO until July 2021
PSE, SPASM, Sport chrono, Premium package plus, Bose, PDK, Sport Design mirrors, Sport design steering wheel, brushed aluminum interior package, 20k miles, clear taillights (which wasn't on my list)
Old 05-31-2018, 02:53 PM
kingerm
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by STG

Did you tell him about it or he see it here?
He found it on his own. Car Gurus I think. Same deal as when I bought my Porsche. Dealer acted only as middleman and was able to get the car with warranty. He hasn't taken it in to try it, but that's what he explained to me.
Old 05-31-2018, 03:02 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by nine3leven
I want to personally say thank you to STG and all the others who contribute to this forum. I'm a long time lurker and have been looking for that "unicorn" 911 for over a year, maybe close to 2, I lost track. I learned so much from here from what options are worth it, to what is a reasonable price. It is greatly appreciated. I let one get away (thankfully) but did not head the advice at the time of letting $2k get in the way of a great car. I finally found "that one" and sealed the deal yesterday. I was coming from an older but low mileage cayman that I really enjoyed. When I saw this one, it was the same as my cayman, black with black wheels.

PSE, SPASM, Sport chrono, Premium package plus, Bose, PDK, Sport Design mirrors, Sport design steering wheel, brushed aluminum interior package, 20k miles, clear taillights (which wasn't on my list)
CONGRATS

So glad you found it helpful here and looks like it paid off. You have to do your homework and put your time in, but the reward is there. Enjoy.

Thanks for the post and update. Really rewarding reading these stories.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:17 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 430 Likes on 307 Posts
Default what dealer ?

Mine from Rosslyns in NY was owned by an 80 year old man too...the octogenarians must really love these cars.

Originally Posted by nine3leven
I want to personally say thank you to STG and all the others who contribute to this forum. I'm a long time lurker and have been looking for that "unicorn" 911 for over a year, maybe close to 2, I lost track. I learned so much from here from what options are worth it, to what is a reasonable price. It is greatly appreciated. I let one get away (thankfully) but did not head the advice at the time of letting $2k get in the way of a great car. I finally found "that one" and sealed the deal yesterday. I was coming from an older but low mileage cayman that I really enjoyed. When I saw this one, it was the same as my cayman, black with black wheels. I had a wonderful experience with the dealer who gave me a fair trade price on the cayman, and what I think was a fair price on a well equipped car that was going to go fast (right at $40k off build). I know some guys are getting $45k off, but this one had it all and was the unicorn I was looking for. And he did come off his asking price as well. Luckily no pictures were on their website when I first saw it and initiated the inquiry. They did say they had other inquiries, and I do believe them, I did not get the "high pressure" sale vibe. The story is an older gentleman (like 80s) who moved into a Cayman GT4. The dealer had replaced the front lip when they CPO'd it.

I couldn't wipe the grin off my face even in the pouring rain. I have to take it back for a detail and one spot on the panel they will fix. I wish the weather would clear up enough to wash it but I'm not sure I'll be in luck. The pic is from the dealer when I inquired about the car as the dealer is out of town.

The wife approves and is happy I'm not still shopping or telling her about what I read on the "forum".

Thanks again guys. I am going to try to get to some meet ups in the Florida area. The dealer included 1 year of PCA membership with the car so I will attempt to get to some of those to check it out.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:35 PM
be_cuey
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would this be considered a HFS?

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...-6k-miles.html

trying to price this
Old 06-02-2018, 01:09 AM
dkmesa
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by be_cuey

trying to price this
$92k for a base of any year/options? probably not. Can get a nice .2 build for $10k less.
Old 06-02-2018, 01:19 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by be_cuey

trying to price this
Look at some of the comps. Just off top of my head, asking is like $10K too high at least. Would agree with above comment as well.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:50 AM
cpbmd
Burning Brakes

Received 214 Likes on 102 Posts

What does HFS mean?
Old 06-02-2018, 11:53 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by cpbmd
What does HFS mean?

Attachment 1282654