Sponsored by:

Garage door opening using overhead console

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2015 | 10:36 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wood ranch

Both Porsche-nut and Chatt's system works.
Old 03-09-2015 | 11:31 PM
chatt
Instructor

My system works best, as it involves beer.
Old 03-10-2015 | 01:49 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by woodranch
GSIRM3, I have a Liftmaster Rolling code opener....can you please (because I am slow) go over exactly how you pair....Thank You!
I am confused from rolling not to rolling and my Liftmaster is rolling. Thanks Again!
I just followed the procedure in the owners manual. Worked fine for me.
Old 03-10-2015 | 08:19 PM
7and911
Advanced

Silly question, every time I press the handset during the pairing process, the garage door moves up/down. What do you gents do-switch the operator off the electricity power during pairing? (mine doesn't have infra-red sensor that prevents it from moving)

Also, I don't have a "learn" button on my Hormann operator.
Old 03-11-2015 | 02:06 PM
Sharm
Pro

Originally Posted by Noah Fect
Also, in my case (Liftmaster) I have to hold the button down for a few seconds to operate the door. A quick press won't do it. Took a few minutes to realize that was the case.
Thanks guys for the responses..I followed the rolling instructions and it finally worked, but I think NoahFect hit it right on the nail! You have HOLD the home link button down to get it working for my Lift master at least, and walaa, Open Sesame!! So for those unable to get it to work, try holding the button down it may be programmed correctly already.
Old 03-11-2015 | 03:58 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

I'm glad that the OP finally got it working. But I have thoughts:
Originally Posted by 7and911
My garage door opener is Hormann. I tried everything but no luck. Anyone has a Hormann and managed to pair it with the 991 Homelink please?
I have heard of other people who have had difficulty with Hormann.

Originally Posted by chatt
... I pointed the existing garage door remote at the homelink button and pressed and held down the button on the garage door opener.
5. Drank a beer and basked in the glory that is my manliness.
Step 5 is correct, but the first part is technically wrong (although it did work for you). You should point the remote at the front of the car, specifically the center of the bumper. That's where the receiver and transmitter live on Porsches. Every other car, you point it at the HL button.

Silly question, every time I press the handset during the pairing process, the garage door moves up/down. What do you gents do-switch the operator off the electricity power during pairing? (mine doesn't have infra-red sensor that prevents it from moving)
You should have the sensor, it's a safety thing to avoid crushing the childrens. When it's learning, it shouldn't operate the door. Of course, your unit doesn't have a learn button either... so I think it's a moot point.
Old 03-11-2015 | 08:30 PM
7and911
Advanced

No sensor. The safety mechanism is a mechanical pressure one.

Another question please: would the location of the receiver inside the front bumper differ if the car is a right hand side drive?
Old 03-12-2015 | 08:10 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Another question please: would the location of the receiver inside the front bumper differ if the car is a right hand side drive?
I believe that the sensor/transmitter is in the middle of the bumper, so no, it won't matter if your steering wheel is on the wrong side.
Old 03-12-2015 | 09:53 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Also, I don't have a "learn" button on my Hormann operator.
Unplug it. You only need power to it if you are doing the learning process.
Old 03-16-2015 | 05:33 PM
Yellow996
Rennlist Member

I guess it pays to have an "old" house. The signal from my 1989 era Stanley garage door opener was recognized by my 991s in two seconds.

Old 05-25-2015 | 10:29 PM
Scottish Pete
Racer

Woo! hoo! I celebrated six months of having my new C2S by finally getting it to open my Genie Intellicode garage door opener. I had aimed my remote at the passenger side headlight when I first got my car and got the proper blinks . . . but door would not open with the button in the car.
After printing out all your tips and leaving it sitting on my desk for six months, I finally got out a ladder and took the cover off my opener and pressed the learn button. Jumped down and hopped into the car and pressed the 1 button and it started flashing. Didn't work the first time I pushed it . . . but worked to open it when tried a second time and closed the door when I pushed it again. No more fishing for the remote.
Old 05-26-2015 | 09:24 AM
Sharm
Pro

Originally Posted by Scottish Pete
Woo! hoo! I celebrated six months of having my new C2S by finally getting it to open my Genie Intellicode garage door opener. I had aimed my remote at the passenger side headlight when I first got my car and got the proper blinks . . . but door would not open with the button in the car. After printing out all your tips and leaving it sitting on my desk for six months, I finally got out a ladder and took the cover off my opener and pressed the learn button. Jumped down and hopped into the car and pressed the 1 button and it started flashing. Didn't work the first time I pushed it . . . but worked to open it when tried a second time and closed the door when I pushed it again. No more fishing for the remote.
Congratulations on this fine achievement in motoring history
Old 05-26-2015 | 11:13 AM
Grunty
Burning Brakes

I had to hold remote right in front of bumper for it to register the signal.
Old 05-26-2015 | 03:01 PM
kccrosser
2nd Gear

If you have a garage door opener that is an Intellicode I unit (many pre-2012 units), and you have a "universal remote" (perhaps a replacement remote), you are never going to get this to work.
Intellicode I units use 315 MHz, while Intellicode II units can use either/both 315 MHz and 390 MHz. Newer remotes "hunt" between 315 and 390 and it seems that Porsche's in-car system prefers the 390 MHz band, so it will grab the remote's info on the wrong band.
You need a single-frequency 315 MHz remote to program the car. I purchased a Genie Gitr-3 remote on Amazon for $18. On that remote, there is a button with one raised dot that transmits ONLY a 315 MHz Intellicode I signal.
I used that to program the car (per instructions, stand in front, press the button - ONLY the one-dot button). Once programmed (the lights flashed), the car immediately connected to the opener and works with no problems. Note that you do not need to connect the new remote to the opener - the remote is only needed to "teach" the car the correct frequency and pattern.
Old 05-26-2015 | 03:03 PM
Taiwanese
Intermediate

Here is what I did for my 2015 GTS
(11 years old rolling code garage opener)

1. key on to position 2
2. press 1 until flashing
3. point remote to the front bumper until both signal flashes 3 times
4. press "learn" on the opener in the ceiling of garage
5. press 1 for 2-3 seconds, release if nothing happens, press again for 2-3 seconds until garage door moves (maybe several times until the door moves, make sure no kid or pet under the door).
6. done

Side note -
after completed, my MB E350 did not work so had to redo for MB.

Quick Reply: Garage door opening using overhead console