Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need opinion: agate grey c4s with espresso/cognac or black/platinum?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 05:16 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,112 Likes on 669 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Well, I read all the Porsche marketing blather about it too before I bought one! But I will defer to my own multi-year experience with two Porsches from the same era, parked side by side in the same garage, wherein the non-Natural Cocoa looked a lot better at time of sale than the Natural Grey did, with a lot fewer miles on it. No way I'd ever choose the Natural again unless it was the only way I could get a color I really wanted. I went into the experiment believing the same thing you just wrote -- it may be true in theory, etc., but the execution, at least on the 996TT, was in no way superior (and in that one way inferior) to that on the 986SE I had. Can't explain it...

Cheers!
I think "natural leather" is an industry standard label for any unshaved, full thickness hide, not Porsche marketing.
I guess one could get some bad full thickness hides that get by the inspectors prior to cutting and installation. My only experience so far was my '13 Boxster S with Espresso. It was wonderful and still smelled new when I traded the car 11 months/5K miles after purchase. I'm picking up the Espresso/Cognac car Monday (weather permitting) - I hope it's as nice as the 981 was.
Where's Eduardo on this for clarity?
Old 02-16-2015, 03:09 PM
K1600GT
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a big fan of Agate Grey/Espresso/Cognac. Like everyone else I went round and round on the configurator. Very happy with my choice.

The following users liked this post:
Charles Everson (04-22-2021)
Old 02-17-2015, 05:14 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by K1600GT
I'm a big fan of Agate Grey/Espresso/Cognac. Like everyone else I went round and round on the configurator. Very happy with my choice.

Now, that looks classy! Well executed!
Old 02-17-2015, 07:38 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by eg991
Now, that looks classy! Well executed!
You've hit the nail on the head! I think that most people who see this combo think something similar to "classy" (unless they were just born mad and dislike brown larry).

But a lot of people want their Porsche to be sporty - black, grey, red. I get that. It's a very legitimate perspective. I felt that way for years and ended up with three 911s with black interiors. Then I wanted a change . . .

But it is funny just how polarizing Espresso/Cognac is. Maybe it's "generational". After all, it was 15 years ago when I bought that first 911 with a black interior . . .

Old 02-17-2015, 08:22 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,621 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Originally Posted by hinckley
You've hit the nail on the head! I think that most people who see this combo think something similar to "classy"
I was thinking of a 6-letter word that ends in 'y'...

Originally Posted by hinckley
(unless they were just born mad and dislike brown larry).

But a lot of people want their Porsche to be sporty - black, grey, red. I get that. It's a very legitimate perspective. I felt that way for years and ended up with three 911s with black interiors. Then I wanted a change . . .

But it is funny just how polarizing Espresso/Cognac is. Maybe it's "generational". After all, it was 15 years ago when I bought that first 911 with a black interior . . .

Now I am going to have to use my Dr Evil (acme) world-dominating weather machine to dump more snow on you and your cabriolet hinckley until you relent and eschew brown in all its forms!
Old 02-17-2015, 09:57 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Now I am going to have to use my Dr Evil (acme) world-dominating weather machine to dump more snow on you and your cabriolet hinckley until you relent and eschew brown in all its forms!
Ha! Too late. Another foot this weekend.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:44 PM
911sccab
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Hard to see any Espresso under all that powdered sugar!

Great observation on classy vs sporty, and so cool the 911 can easily be both.
Old 04-25-2023, 12:23 AM
Digger38
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Wheel Color

Originally Posted by K1600GT

Hello, about to order an Agate Grey Metallic CGTS with Espresso/Cognac interior. Love your car. What color are your wheels? Thank you.

Quick Reply: need opinion: agate grey c4s with espresso/cognac or black/platinum?