Sponsored by:

GTS Coupe at Alice's today...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 12:00 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,604 Likes on 2,343 Posts

Originally Posted by jcsv
LOL! Larry, you've brought me out of the woodwork. I had a feeling that would happen conspicuously parking at Alice's.
Sorry about that! ... but your car was very noticeable!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. That's my new toy!. My wife and I have taken to calling it Norbert. Couldn't be happier with it!

I've been lurking for a long time and meaning to do an introduction thread... but been too busy driving with any free time since picking it up last weekend. Can't stress enough how helpful RL has been as a lurker. Larry, Eduardo, Dr. Collie your posts in particular stick out, but many others too.
car looks GREAT!

Larry, I think you and I will have to agree to disagree on brown. I'm a big fan. My interior is actually Espresso/Cognac. Avert your eyes, I'll put some pics below. Color is Carmine Red and I love the way it changes based on shadows. Your photos are better than the ones I snapped quickly with my DLSR yesterday, the light was harsh and I kept it in auto mode so most are washed out, plus the indoor photos are sans tripod. I'll try to grab some better ones soon.
totally understand and agree, there is no wrong answer regarding color, the right answer is whatever *you* like...

I didn't realize it was espresso/cognac ... I didn't want to gawk at it too much!

The Carmine Red is stunning in person, much nicer (IMO) than Guards ... I have to say that the Carrera S wheels in black REALLY work well on the car too!

I went for a semi-Rennlist special as some have noted, 7MT, no sunroof, 4 way seats (really happy with all the choices). I do have a weak spot for stereos so got the Burmester, happy with it, but I've just been listening to the exhaust so haven't used it much.

I am coming out of an E92 M3 with DCT and am very happy to have the third pedal, this gearbox is a dream. I know I'm losing some speed, but its a blast, shifts like a dream, and in no way will I get to the cars potential any time soon.

If any bay area RLers want to meet up for a drive, I'm always game. Larry, I'm hoping to see one of your blue cars, did you have the GT3 at Alice's, I didn't see it?
Yes I was parked on the other side of the road at the store ...

I almost went Sapphire Blue, I have a history of blue cars but decided to switch it up.
sweet!

On the 7MT, having test driven a few C2S and C4S, I think the GTS is different, but it could be a placebo effect. It feels tighter than the others I drove but I haven't driven any back to back. If we get a few cars together maybe we can put that to rest.

Off to the roads, I think traffic will be light and my team is not playing now!
sounds like a plan!

Closing PSA, Bay locals probably know this, but don't speed on Skyline. I saw many people pulled over yesterday, they're patrolling more and more. One of the guys I was driving with was goProing me ahead of him. When I get the video I'll link to it, but you see a cop flying by after 2 bikes.
Yeah its far too risky up there now ... its like shooting fish in a barrel for the cops, one of the bikers was telling me that the locals have been making complaints to the police ... so they have been enforcing it more aggressively

We should head down to Canepa one Saturday when they open up again in April!

Enjoy the new car ... its beautiful
Old 02-02-2015, 12:04 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 328 Likes on 202 Posts

Congrats, love the Carmine red!!!

Originally Posted by hinckley
jcsv - beautiful car. Great color combo. Is that the standard black trim?
Looks like carbon fiber trim to me... see left side of this pic.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:58 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

definitely CF.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:13 PM
lunarx
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

LOL.
Nice to see a guy stick up for his tastes.
I think you did a great build!
Big thumbs up for Burmester, 7MT and manual sports seats plus.
Even though, Red paint and any shade of Beige interior are not for me.
I like seeing cars like yours on the road.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:57 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lunarx
LOL.
Nice to see a guy stick up for his tastes.
I think you did a great build!
Big thumbs up for Burmester, 7MT and manual sports seats plus.
Even though, Red paint and any shade of Beige interior are not for me.
I like seeing cars like yours on the road.
actually the Congac/Espresso looks a LOT better than Luxor ... at least there is no faux wood trim!
Old 02-02-2015, 07:34 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Vise
Looks like carbon fiber trim to me... see left side of this pic.
Yup. Good eye.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:49 PM
rusty22039
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mtbscott
Very nice. A Carmine Red Boxster GTS was at the Houston car show, very nice color.
I think there is no comparison in how the Carmine Red looks on the Boxster/Cayman vs the GTS. Perhaps the 991 is just a better looking car but the GTS in CR is seriously stunning. I originally started thinking MT when planning my build, but have currently changed back to the Stig in a box. The Espresso/Cognac is a strong contender still. thanks for posting.

Decisions, decisions, decisions...
Old 04-29-2015, 06:24 AM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

delete
Old 04-29-2015, 07:53 AM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Also like the white instrument dials - really lifts the interior.

Interesting point on Carmine looking different on different cars. I've felt the same about Sapphire - looks great on 911s but Boxsters and Caymans (should that be Caymen?) not so much to me. Sure it's just the shape of the car rather than any difference in the paint itself.

I am GTS minus ten days...!
Old 04-29-2015, 09:54 AM
VintageRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 235 Posts

The car is very nice.

I've been to EASY on two occasions but never to Alice's.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:52 PM
perretar
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love this color combo, my favorite ext and int colors. Like the white gauges also, I had that on previous Cayman. I would have built a GTS the same way with 2 exceptions. Std silver wheels and interior trim painted Carmine.

Quick Reply: GTS Coupe at Alice's today...