Sponsored by:

991 GTS Owners Manuals

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 09:52 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts
Default 991 GTS Owners Manuals

Can any of you guys that have taken delivery of your 991 GTS confirm whether or not you received any kind of the GTS supplement to the regular Carrera owners manual, that included instruction and maintenance requirements for the Center Lock wheels? I had a 997 GTS that I traded for a 991 GTS and my 997 GTS came with a supplement to the regular owners manuals that discussed proper method of removing and installing a CL wheel. I can't find any info on this for my new 991 GTS. I got other manuals to, but none specific to the GTS.

Thanks.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:56 AM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Just checked. Same for me. Nothing on CLs.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:01 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by hinckley
Just checked. Same for me. Nothing on CLs.
Thanks. Interesting isn't it? You know Porsche has got to want owners to have info on the CL wheels, if nothing else but liability reasons.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:30 AM
PDK1965
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, I'm new as a member, long-time lurker. Just submitted an order last week for a white GTS (no build date yet) and also went with the CL wheels, based on appearance and friends who have had them without problems. Hoping to have the same experiences as them. My only concern is if local emergency service is needed. Nearest dealer to me is 120 miles away. Any advice?

jte
Old 01-24-2015, 12:40 PM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by PDK1965
Guys, I'm new as a member, long-time lurker. Just submitted an order last week for a white GTS (no build date yet) and also went with the CL wheels, based on appearance and friends who have had them without problems. Hoping to have the same experiences as them. My only concern is if local emergency service is needed. Nearest dealer to me is 120 miles away. Any advice?

jte
1-800-PORSCHE
Old 01-24-2015, 12:51 PM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Received 326 Likes on 216 Posts

Interesting, you would think there would be something given.

As an aside there are a few good videos on YouTube concerning CLs,....just some good stuff to watch on how they work and what people use to get them off and put them on.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:03 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by Rocket_boy
Interesting, you would think there would be something given.

As an aside there are a few good videos on YouTube concerning CLs,....just some good stuff to watch on how they work and what people use to get them off and put them on.
I think Porsche will eventually get some information out to GTS owners. I am familiar with the CL wheels since I owned a 997 GTS with CL's, and I plan to let dealer do my tire work since they match Tirerack prices. However, owners certainly need instructions on how to change CL wheels when needed, and also the extra maintenance requirements for them if tracked.

For some reason, Porsche apparently has dropped the ball on this. They better get some info out soon before someone removes a wheel and doesn't get it back on correctly and has an accident, or tracks the car and doesn't do required maintenance and has an accident.

Potentially, a big liability issue for Porsche. I have contacted my dealer and they are looking into this.
Old 01-24-2015, 03:30 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,248 Posts

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
I think Porsche will eventually get some information out to GTS owners. I am familiar with the CL wheels since I owned a 997 GTS with CL's, and I plan to let dealer do my tire work since they match Tirerack prices. However, owners certainly need instructions on how to change CL wheels when needed, and also the extra maintenance requirements for them if tracked.

For some reason, Porsche apparently has dropped the ball on this. They better get some info out soon before someone removes a wheel and doesn't get it back on correctly and has an accident, or tracks the car and doesn't do required maintenance and has an accident.

Potentially, a big liability issue for Porsche. I have contacted my dealer and they are looking into this.
there was a pdf created for the 997.2 GT3 around the time of the recall ... you should be able to find it on the forum ... I'll look to see if I can find it ...
Old 01-24-2015, 04:02 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
there was a pdf created for the 997.2 GT3 around the time of the recall ... you should be able to find it on the forum ... I'll look to see if I can find it ...
Thanks, and as I said I am familiar with the CL's having owned a previous 997 GTS. I am just surprised that Porsche is apparently delivering new 991 GTS with CL's without any information on them. For those owners that have not had experience with them, they can't be expected to know how to properly remove them, and reinstall them. They shouldn't have to search the Internet for information.
Old 01-24-2015, 04:40 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,248 Posts

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
Thanks, and as I said I am familiar with the CL's having owned a previous 997 GTS. I am just surprised that Porsche is apparently delivering new 991 GTS with CL's without any information on them. For those owners that have not had experience with them, they can't be expected to know how to properly remove them, and reinstall them. They shouldn't have to search the Internet for information.
good point ...
Old 01-24-2015, 05:29 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

No additional info was provided with my manuals either. I"ll have to check if there is some literature with the jack and CL socket. My dealer did however instruct me on how to use the air pump and sealant that came with the vehicle. In case of a flat.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:52 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by jimbo1111
No additional info was provided with my manuals either. I"ll have to check if there is some literature with the jack and CL socket. My dealer did however instruct me on how to use the air pump and sealant that came with the vehicle. In case of a flat.
Could be some info with the CL removal socket. Hadn't thought about that, but that seems like a strange place for Porsche to put it. Let us know if you find anything on your hunt.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:48 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Has anyone with GTS with CL wheels been able to get any information from Porsche or dealer yet regarding lack of any information supplied with vehicle on CL wheel maintenance, and removal and installation of the wheel? My dealer has told me he is "looking into it."
Old 01-27-2015, 12:50 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

For any GTS owners with CL wheels, my sales manager just notified me that Porsche is in the process of developing and printing a GTS supplement to our owners manuals that will include information on CL's and other GTS features. He said Porsche says it should be ready in about a month. I am editing this post because the information given to me by my dealer about a supplement to the owners manual is incorrect. See my posts below for the solution to this.

Last edited by GSIRM3; 05-22-2015 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:42 PM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Received 326 Likes on 216 Posts

Thanks for the pursuit of an answer and update. Although a month is a little long to wait, at least it is forthcoming. I wonder if Porsche will simply mail the update out to current owners, or how they will deliver it?

Quick Reply: 991 GTS Owners Manuals