Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS Club Sport Model

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015 | 11:29 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mikemdd
Rules say that if you are chosen, you have 48 hours to negotiate a deal with your selected dealer. Given that, some serious considerations should be done ahead of time when/if that happens.
Given that, has anyone talked to different dealers on pricing ahead of time?

I've had one say MSRP as a special edition, and another is willing to negotiate.

It seems that if you select a dealer they will get this as an extra allocation. If you can't come an agreement and pass on the car, then the allocation would go to the next person on the list and their chosen dealer.

A dealer sure could lock up a lot of these by posting on here
Old 03-18-2015 | 12:02 PM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MKW
stunning !!
Old 03-18-2015 | 03:36 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dalema
Given that, has anyone talked to different dealers on pricing ahead of time?

I've had one say MSRP as a special edition, and another is willing to negotiate.

It seems that if you select a dealer they will get this as an extra allocation. If you can't come an agreement and pass on the car, then the allocation would go to the next person on the list and their chosen dealer.

A dealer sure could lock up a lot of these by posting on here
the entry rules from PCNA stated you can only negotiate/ purchase from the ( one ) dealer you selected on the entry form when you registered for the drawing , so most will have put down the name of their " usual " dealership . If that dealer wants to charge a premium or refuse to negotiate , a drawing winner can pass and dealer loses that sale since winner cannot sell or reassign it , and the next guys up in line after the initial 59 are contacted ( anywhere in the US) get the chance to buy one from their dealer...so the winners are all in pretty strong negotiating positions since they possess the allocations , not the dealers , for once !
Old 03-18-2015 | 04:10 PM
rabeekman
Advanced

Question

anyone know if they have drawn names yet?
Old 03-18-2015 | 05:14 PM
eldertec
Track Day

Originally Posted by MKW
the entry rules from PCNA stated you can only negotiate/ purchase from the ( one ) dealer you selected on the entry form when you registered for the drawing , so most will have put down the name of their " usual " dealership . If that dealer wants to charge a premium or refuse to negotiate , a drawing winner can pass and dealer loses that sale since winner cannot sell or reassign it , and the next guys up in line after the initial 59 are contacted ( anywhere in the US) get the chance to buy one from their dealer...so the winners are all in pretty strong negotiating positions since they possess the allocations , not the dealers , for once !
I was told while at the PCA HQ that dealers cannot charge a premium.
Old 03-18-2015 | 05:33 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MKW
That is what I was thinking on the strength of negotiation position, but was curious how others see it.

Also, per my inquiry of PCNA, you can change the dealer from the one you submitted on the application - hence the question as to if anyone has a bead on a dealer willing to deal.

Naturally, I'm a lock to get one - haha!
Old 03-19-2015 | 05:40 PM
mikemdd
Racer

Just received an email that says they will notify the "winners" sometime next week. Separately, I have spent a lot of time deciphering the actual cost of the car. I took the build sheet they had on the car down at the Rolex event in Daytona and backed in to what the price would be on that car. As that car sat, with the PDK, the cost would be $148,420, including destination. That is with some pretty minimal options, other than the PDK (18 way seats, Bose package and Premium package). That does not include the "GTS Club Coupe Interior Package" for which I could not find an option cost. The $137K cost they advertise is a little misleading as it does not reflect what is needed to make the car marketable.
Old 03-19-2015 | 06:09 PM
Vise
Drifting

The $137K cost they advertise is a little misleading as it does not reflect what is needed to make the car marketable.
Yeah no doubt this will be a pricey model... the $137k is the MSRP on the base 'GTS Club Coupe' model. Appears that includes the special paint, interior, trim, badges, wheels, and Sport Design ducktail. Additional options like Bose, PDK, 18 way seats, etc will be on top of that... ballpark premium for the actual unique options is what, $10k or so?
Old 03-19-2015 | 06:24 PM
mikemdd
Racer

I guess I just assumed that a special edition, anniversary car would come pretty well loaded due to it's exclusivity. If you add in LED lights and a backup camera to the PDK, seats and Bose system, you are quickly approaching mid $150's. Wow....
Old 03-19-2015 | 06:24 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

I guess I just assumed that a special edition, anniversary car would come pretty well loaded due to it's exclusivity. If you add in LED lights and a backup camera to the PDK, seats and Bose system, you are quickly approaching mid $150's. Wow....
so does a GTS!
Old 03-20-2015 | 02:19 PM
mikemdd
Racer

Default Intentions

It looks like less than 1300 people signed up. Just out of curiosity, for those who signed up, IF you are selected, will you go through with the purchase or will you decline? If the dealer will negotiate, I may change my mind and buy it. Still in the middle though...
Old 03-20-2015 | 02:40 PM
waizone
Rennlist Member

My GTS build is at $132K and I would expect 3-4% off MSRP so unless I could get a similar deal with comparable options, probably not.
Old 03-20-2015 | 02:58 PM
mikemdd
Racer

I agree that price will be the issue. As someone else noted, the premium for the Club Coupe is around $10K+ over similar options on a standard GTS. Here is some fuzzy math. While the Club Coupe will not appreciate in value, it is possible/likely (?) it will not depreciate as much as the normal car. In 3-5 years, while both cars will be worth significantly less than when new, the Club Coupe may be worth $10K more, given the low production numbers, making it a break even. Does that make sense? Otherwise, the premium cannot be justified.
Old 03-20-2015 | 08:42 PM
1993GTS
Advanced

I was eager to add my name to the list, but after considerable thought I'm leaning towards declining if I'm selected. My main reason would be the price of what I'm getting vs the price of customizing one to my exact specs. I don't currently own a 991 and my personal preference is more of a "sleeper" style.

I do love the club coupe exclusivity, but I wouldn't be treating it as an investment. A quick flip wouldn't be massively profitable, and I'm too lazy for a long term cream puff.

I'd be honored to own one, but I think my eyes have already begun to wander.
Old 03-20-2015 | 08:52 PM
rshea
Instructor

Default GTS Club Coupe

......59 cars, approximately 1300 in the drawing. Better odds than I thought. We will all know next week how it shakes out, but If I am drawn i will take it in the bare bones edition as advertised. The arguments for just ordering one as you would personally spec it are solid economically and practically. The GTS is a great car. The premium to be one of 60 is pretty steep(especially given the lack of standard options) and it would take years(15+) of holding on to it with only casual driving for it to ultimately pay off......uh, I am talking myself out of it??

Quick Reply: GTS Club Sport Model