Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2014 | 01:16 AM
gusp
Instructor

Default Factory Alarm

The manual says the alarm will sound for 30 seconds. That seems extremely short to me. I understand you would want to cap it so that it doesn't kill the battery but 30 seconds??

Does anyone have any experience with the alarm?

Also, it says the sensor that detects towing is region specific. How do I know whether or not my car has this option? I don't really have access to a tow truck....
Old 12-04-2014 | 01:41 AM
drmatara
Pro

Originally Posted by gusp
The manual says the alarm will sound for 30 seconds. That seems extremely short to me. I understand you would want to cap it so that it doesn't kill the battery but 30 seconds??

Does anyone have any experience with the alarm?

Also, it says the sensor that detects towing is region specific. How do I know whether or not my car has this option? I don't really have access to a tow truck....
I believe the 30 sec might have something to do with some the law of noise polluting in some cities/countries
Old 12-04-2014 | 09:09 AM
Grunty
Burning Brakes

How do car thieves steal modern cars that do t use a key but rather a unique coded key fob? Some low tech approach like just tow it away?
Old 12-05-2014 | 09:27 AM
gusp
Instructor

Originally Posted by drmatara
I believe the 30 sec might have something to do with some the law of noise polluting in some cities/countries
That's a good theory.... I wish there was a way to make it longer.
Old 12-05-2014 | 09:35 AM
gusp
Instructor

Originally Posted by Grunty
How do car thieves steal modern cars that do t use a key but rather a unique coded key fob? Some low tech approach like just tow it away?
Yes, exactly. And it's insanely easy, even if your car is parked in a tight parking lot or parallel parked. The tow truck boom can extend and rotate in all directions. I saw it on Youtube but I can't find it now.
Old 12-05-2014 | 11:14 AM
mtbscott
Burning Brakes

I rate the theft probability of a 911 as pretty low. Never say never but the most common stolen cars year after year are the cars that are much more plentiful, thus a market for parts.
Honda Civics and Accords, Toyota Camry/Corollas, Ford and Chevy pickup trucks....these are what gets stolen.
Old 12-05-2014 | 11:51 AM
rnl
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mtbscott
I rate the theft probability of a 911 as pretty low. Never say never but the most common stolen cars year after year are the cars that are much more plentiful, thus a market for parts. Honda Civics and Accords, Toyota Camry/Corollas, Ford and Chevy pickup trucks....these are what gets stolen.
They cut up the most popular cars stolen

A thief would probably try to see if a 911 can really reach 179 mph
Old 12-05-2014 | 01:37 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

no one pays any attention to car alarms anyway ... unless its pissing them off!
Old 12-05-2014 | 10:48 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
no one pays any attention to car alarms anyway ... unless its pissing them off!
Indeed. Because if this, I actually started to pay attention... In case I saw something suspicious. Haven't caught anyone yet. Looking forward to grapple tackling someone to the ground, though.

Quick Reply: Factory Alarm