Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Schnell Autosport GT3 Sway bar upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 07:53 AM
pkumar
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Schnell Autosport GT3 Sway bar upgrade?

Hey guys

was cruising over on planet 9 and saw that Schnell was running a GT3 sway bar up grade. $587 for everything needed. A simple DIY bolt up w/out need for alignment.

Has anyone done this upgrade?

I took my 991 c2 no pasm to NJMP lightning and felt a crazy amt of body roll on turns 3-4-5. Thinking this will tighten everything up.

Thoughts?

http://www.schnellautosports.com/spe...1-997-gt3.html
Old 11-26-2014, 08:20 AM
pkumar
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh here is my track video

Old 11-26-2014, 10:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

I'm not a big fan of just stiffening swaybars and not upping spring rates and shock valving. Both on an M3 and an Elise I had poor results before I added adjustable coilovers. There was a post on here about the TPC bars actually failing when not paired with stiffer shorter springs. Just my 2 cents, I know a lot of other folks have been happy going that route keeping a more compliant street ride while controlling the transitioned weight better on the track.
Old 11-27-2014, 02:56 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

^^ He's right. And a GT3 is quite a bit stiffer than a 991, so your bar/spring mismatch will be pretty big. Also the bar will not "tighten everything up." It will only reduce roll. It won't reduce dive. It won't reduce squat.

RL sponsor Elephant Racing posted a thread with a much better solution. I can't find the thread so here's the link http://www.elephantracing.com/tool-b...et-program.htm Its a big, but doable, DIY project. Just the bushings alone will set you back a lot more than the GT3 bar. But unlike the bar, the bushings WILL tighten everything up- quite a lot. The nice thing about bushings, they make a huge improvement in precision and road feel without affecting the cars handling balance at all. With that GT3 bar on the other hand you may find yourself fiddling around at the track for hours and hours just trying to get back to the front/rear handling balance you had to begin with.

Quick Reply: Schnell Autosport GT3 Sway bar upgrade?