Sponsored by:

My GTS - Journal

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 12:46 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,632 Likes on 2,358 Posts

Originally Posted by Vise
If you're getting that kind of attention should be interesting to see what happens with a Sapphire Blue GTS with Aerokit.
you will have to beat the p*ssy off with a stick
Old 01-29-2015, 01:07 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 332 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
you will have to beat the p*ssy off with a stick
LOL. I'm sure my wife will love that!
Old 01-29-2015, 01:12 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,632 Likes on 2,358 Posts

LOL. I'm sure my wife will love that!
In that case I am sure she will be the one with the stick!

What's the ETA on your car now?
Old 01-29-2015, 06:11 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
What do you think of the GT Silver in person?
Originally Posted by Vetsky
In one word. Gorgeous.

I love it. I was gun shy about spending the $3K, but now that I have it and see it. It is simply stunning. The best color IMO. It also goes VERY well with the black wheels and all the black bits.
Originally Posted by eg991
Beautiful! GT Silver is such a rich color . . .
Yeah, the extra cost is obscene (does it really cost 3k more to mix a slightly darker, browner silver???), but in the end... wow! Below is a picture of my Arctic Turbo. Looks good, right? Then below that is a picture of it sitting next to my GT Silver Boxster SE550. Suddenly you see what all the fuss is about!
I'm really torn on what color GTS I will get: GT Silver, Carrara White, maybe even Carmine. I wish Geyser Grey was not a PTS.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:37 PM
Vise
Drifting

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
In that case I am sure she will be the one with the stick!

What's the ETA on your car now?
The boat was supposed to dock in Halifax on Jan. 27th but looks like it has been delayed due to the storm... sitting off the coast right now and due to dock late tonight. Based on the 3 day delay looking at maybe Feb. 12th or so at the dealer.

Getting close...
Old 02-01-2015, 08:22 AM
jsr991
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for all the comments.

The weather here has not been the best, and since I'm still breaking her in I have not really had a good opportunity to test out the car. Here are a couple impressions after day 2.

1) The manual transmission is just okay. While it is silky smooth, I do find the throws pretty long.
2) The gearing is also very long. 90% of my driving in the city is in second gear.
3) The interior is really nice with amazing build quality. ZERO rattles. It feels like the car is so tight. A real plus for me. ( I can't stand rattles).
4) The sport exhaust is nuts. It makes a HUGE difference. I did not get a chance to test drive a car the PSE equipped, and wow. It makes the car sound like a monster.
5) Everyone complains about the voice control. I find it very useful. Especially for making calls.
6) My sunglasses fit in the center arm rest. I did not think they would.
7) The bluetooth integration has been flawless with my iPhone 6.
8) Transferring my songs to the juke box went off without a hitch. Album art and all.
9) It is annoying that the radio comes on when you start the car. If it was off they it should stay off.
10) I'm still not used to the MFD, so I find it cumbersome to use. (what screens do you typically drive in)
11) The rear camera is pretty crappy. It is very low res. If I had to do it again, I would simply go for the park sensors with not camera.
12) The car gets an obscene amount to attention on the street.

That is enough for now. The car goes in for an Opti-Coat session this weekend.

I have some clear side markers on the way and I think I figured out a great place to store the phone, while driving. All to follow......
Great looking car Vetsky.... mine is due in March GT silver also
Where did you order your clear side markers? LED?
I am curious to know who is doing your opti coat and would really like to hear your comments on the completed job.
I send a lot of time in the west island, may see you on the road some time.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:36 AM
Vise
Drifting

Originally Posted by jsr991
I order my LED sidemarkers from one of the online vendors (can't recall if it was Suncoast or elsewhere) but I asked the dealer and they have them in stock as well. Probably your easiest option and they were roughly the same price.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:00 AM
Vetsky
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Great looking car Vetsky.... mine is due in March GT silver also
I am curious to know who is doing your opti coat and would really like to hear your comments on the completed job.
I send a lot of time in the west island, may see you on the road some time.
I ordered my from Suncoast, but I learnt that my local dealership has them at the same price.

For the Opti coat I'm using http://www.mtlautodetail.com

I have not used him before but Nico (the owner) comes highly recommend from some other local Porsche owners.

I live in the west island, so yeah we should hook up.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:14 PM
jsr991
Instructor

I ordered my from Suncoast, but I learnt that my local dealership has them at the same price.

For the Opti coat I'm using http://www.mtlautodetail.com

I have not used him before but Nico (the owner) comes highly recommend from some other local Porsche owners.

I live in the west island, so yeah we should hook up.
Thanks for the info. Is your dealer Prestige? or the guys in Laval?
I have a place in Beaconsfield (often there) so will visit your dealer to pick up the clear markers.
Anxious to hear about the opti coat.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:28 PM
Vise
Drifting

Anxious to hear about the opti coat.
I'm getting my GTS detailed and Opti-Coat Pro applied within a couple days of pickup... I've had Opti-Coat applied to my last few cars and wouldn't go without it now. Makes normal upkeep much easier and after a wash the car looks like it has just been detailed/waxed.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:07 PM
jsr991
Instructor

I'm getting my GTS detailed and Opti-Coat Pro applied within a couple days of pickup... I've had Opti-Coat applied to my last few cars and wouldn't go without it now. Makes normal upkeep much easier and after a wash the car looks like it has just been detailed/waxed.
Are you planning to have a clear bra installed? When do you expect to take delivery?
Old 02-03-2015, 09:39 PM
Vise
Drifting

Are you planning to have a clear bra installed? When do you expect to take delivery?
Yep, doing the full front clip paint protection (clear bra) as well. Somewhat complicated but I'm getting it detailed and Opti-coat applied to the car minus the area to be covered with film. After paint protection + ceramic tint I'm getting my detailer to Opti-coat over top of the film as recommended. Should keep me busy for a couple days.

I take delivery in the next 10 days or so maybe, not yet confirmed at this point... dealer says it shows a Feb. 6th delivery date but likely running a couple days late based on when the boat arrived in Halifax.
Old 02-04-2015, 09:18 PM
jsr991
Instructor

Yep, doing the full front clip paint protection (clear bra) as well. Somewhat complicated but I'm getting it detailed and Opti-coat applied to the car minus the area to be covered with film. After paint protection + ceramic tint I'm getting my detailer to Opti-coat over top of the film as recommended. Should keep me busy for a couple days.

I take delivery in the next 10 days or so maybe, not yet confirmed at this point... dealer says it shows a Feb. 6th delivery date but likely running a couple days late based on when the boat arrived in Halifax.
Just in time for this snow to be gone! Keep us posted
Old 02-21-2015, 07:25 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 613 Likes on 283 Posts

Vetsky: any more pictures to tease us with? I'm awaiting for my GT silver and love to see more pics to get my fix this weekend!

Cheers

Quick Reply: My GTS - Journal