Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new Agate Grey GTS Build

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014 | 07:23 PM
Gasguzlr
Advanced

Default My new Agate Grey GTS Build

My name is Ross, and I've been an avid reader of this board for the last few years, but haven't really had much to post. I'm coming out of a black 997.2 C4S Cab with sport exhaust, short shift kit, basic seats. My lease is up July '15 and I was starting to cast around wondering what to do next and considered buying out my cab. Then the GTS was announced and I put a deposit on the following build...

Agate Grey Metallic coupe
7-speed Manual
GTS comm package
PDCC with Sports PASM (-20mm)
Bose Audio
Premium package plus with 18-way Adaptive Sport Seat Plus
Full LED headlights with PDLS
Electric Glass slide/tilt sunroof
ParkAssist with reversing camera
Rear apron painted
Side apron painted
Dashboard in leather
Backrests shells in leather
Carbon Multifunction Steering Wheel, heated
Gear lever in Carbon
Door sill guards in Carbon, illuminated
Smokers package
Luggage net passenger footwell
Fuel filler with Aluminium Look finish

I think that's about it. I waffled on many of these, like the sunroof, the carbon steering wheel. I happen to like carbon fibre, and I wanted it on the shifter. I was going to go with the Sport Design wheel in leather, then changed it to carbon MF at the last second.

Colour was the biggest challenge. I love the black touches on the GTS and I wanted contrast to display that contrast. My cab is black, but our other two current Porsches (Boxster Spyder and Macan S) are white, and while I love white on Porsches, I wanted something different to break up the white love-fest. The bright colours (yellow, red, GT silver) are gorgeous and I love them, but I wanted something a little darker. I haven't seen enough of the Dark Blue Metallic to purchase unseen, so I went with the colour I've always loved in both Audi and Porsche... Agate Grey. I really hope it's as nice as I am imagining on the GTS. The 3D configurator shows it as quite dark. I want to see the contrast between the paint and, say, the engine cover and headlights. I HAVE seen Agate Grey Metallic on Macan's and Boxsters, so I think it'll be just what I'm looking for.

Anyway, I thought it was about time I broke cover and said Hello. I've always really enjoyed reading the posts here on this board, and I'm super-excited to take delivery of my new beauty. I'm looking forward to posting my own photo's and comments when my new GTS arrives next spring.

Cheers!

Ross
Old 11-03-2014 | 07:25 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Congrats on the order. Great build, and you will not be disappointed with the way the GTS looks in Agate. I joined the Agate club last week (came out of a white C2S) and it's a really great color, IMHO.
Old 11-03-2014 | 07:26 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

love it!
Old 11-03-2014 | 08:06 PM
Gasguzlr
Advanced

Thanks guys, to say I'm stoked would be putting it very mildly!

Cheers

Ross
Old 11-03-2014 | 08:09 PM
Gasguzlr
Advanced

Originally Posted by eg991
Congrats on the order. Great build, and you will not be disappointed with the way the GTS looks in Agate. I joined the Agate club last week (came out of a white C2S) and it's a really great color, IMHO.
Thanks! I really appreciate the positive input on the Agate! Can't wait to see it.

Cheers!

Ross
Old 11-03-2014 | 08:10 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

thought about the SD aero ducktail?
Old 11-03-2014 | 08:15 PM
Gasguzlr
Advanced

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
thought about the SD aero ducktail?
Boy, did I ever! Back and forth, driving myself crazy! Ultimately I decided against it for two reasons:
- Love the clean lines of the back end (altho love the ducktail too!)
- The ducktail seems to revert back to the three-slat engine cover, and I like the black panel

Cheers

Ross
Old 11-04-2014 | 04:52 AM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

I'm going with the ducktail, but am sad that it means no black pane...can't have it all I guess...good luck!
Old 11-04-2014 | 09:00 AM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Great combo. The interior in black with all that contrast stitching and carbon will look excellent. btw, if you like the contrast stitching, you'll get a bit more with the steering wheel column in leather option. Are you going with silver or carmine stitching with the comm package?
Old 11-04-2014 | 12:12 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pavegeno928
I'm going with the ducktail, but am sad that it means no black pane...can't have it all I guess...good luck!
dont give up, you may be able to exchange the engine cover for the GTS one once you receive the car...
Old 11-04-2014 | 12:53 PM
Gasguzlr
Advanced

Originally Posted by hinckley
Great combo. The interior in black with all that contrast stitching and carbon will look excellent. btw, if you like the contrast stitching, you'll get a bit more with the steering wheel column in leather option. Are you going with silver or carmine stitching with the comm package?
I'm going red stitching, as I love the black with subtle red highlights. I thought a ton about the steering wheel, and switched it quite a few times before I decided on the carbon. I thought that's something a little different, and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna love it every time I step into the car.

Be great to see some pics of different kinds of steering wheels that people have.

Cheers

Ross
Old 11-04-2014 | 01:14 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Good idea!
Old 11-04-2014 | 01:34 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

I love the ducktail and the Agate.....
Old 11-04-2014 | 02:28 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Gasguzlr
I'm going red stitching, as I love the black with subtle red highlights. I thought a ton about the steering wheel, and switched it quite a few times before I decided on the carbon. I thought that's something a little different, and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna love it every time I step into the car. Be great to see some pics of different kinds of steering wheels that people have. Cheers Ross
I meant the steering wheel column in leather. Not the wheel itself. The column is leather is relatively inexpensive and will give a bit more deviating stitching. Take a look on the 3D configurator.
Old 11-04-2014 | 09:36 PM
Gasguzlr
Advanced

Done! Thanks Hinckley!

Cheers

Ross

Quick Reply: My new Agate Grey GTS Build