Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS build question

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 03:57 PM
mrsmitty
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked leather instead of alcantara and went with ventilated and heated seats. I prefer the leather to alcantara just a person preferrance.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:03 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Pavegeno928
I'm probably in the minority, but I like the rear wiper over the sensors and camera. Much cheaper and I don't mind how it looks. In our Cayman, it is very hard to see out the back when the window is wet. We were on the fence with the wiper and elected not to get it at the last moment. Getting the rear wiper was a no brainer for us with the 991. As much as some folks don't like the look of the wiper, the sensors in the front/rear body just break up the appearance and I always notice them. The way they have incorporated the rear wiper these days doesn't detract from it's appearance IMO.

The smoking package is a zero cost option. It adds another 12v plug in and I like the look of the closed compartment.

Heated seats: Salesman convinced us to get them on our Cayman in Florida. We were skeptical but went with it. He said they ordered every car with heated seats. He said that the seats were equally as good for cold weather as they were for back aches and he was right. Ended up injuring my back the week after we got the car and those heated seats were great. Last I checked I'm not getting any younger. Any time we take our parents for a ride, they rave about the heated seats.

Auto Dim Mirrors - should be standard. However, after having them in our Yukon and the Cayman, I never want to be without it. No more glare and running your night vision.

Good luck!
Yea I don't like the rear wiper look though. Sensors just make my life so easy getting in and out of tight parking without getting out of the car every 2 seconds to see if I have space.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:07 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mrsmitty
I picked leather instead of alcantara and went with ventilated and heated seats. I prefer the leather to alcantara just a person preferrance.
Most of the used GTS I see now from the 997.2 pretty much all don't have any leather what so ever. They all went with the vinyl. The rare ones I see with leather opted for the alcantera/leather mix.

Plus they don't have the areo kit option too so this should make for a rare and good find once I put it up for sale.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:34 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,153 Likes on 468 Posts

Build the car YOU want. If you are that worried about re-sale already then you shouldn't get a new one, you will never enjoy it. These cars are indulgences not investments. That being said, I hope you enjoy whatever chose!
Old 11-02-2014, 05:45 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by disden
Build the car YOU want. If you are that worried about re-sale already then you shouldn't get a new one, you will never enjoy it. These cars are indulgences not investments. That being said, I hope you enjoy whatever chose!
Lol if I did that then it would have an MSRP of like 150k. No it's smarter to show restraint especially when its temporary. As I stated, the goal is to make sure I don't option it improperly to the point where it's hard to sell. Not necessarily what keeps it from depreciating. I don't want to be married to the car. If I want that, I'll go buy a new viper.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:51 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,153 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by jem7v
Lol if I did that then it would have an MSRP of like 150k. No it's smarter to show restraint especially when its temporary. As I stated, the goal is to make sure I don't option it improperly to the point where it's hard to sell. Not necessarily what keeps it from depreciating. I don't want to be married to the car. If I want that, I'll go buy a new viper.
I would think as long as it's not painted pink or purple you will be fine! The options can add up quickly, just avoid the oddball stuff that doesn't effect resale anyway - voice control, tons of custom leather, things like that.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:30 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by disden
I would think as long as it's not painted pink or purple you will be fine! The options can add up quickly, just avoid the oddball stuff that doesn't effect resale anyway - voice control, tons of custom leather, things like that.
Guess so. Though now instead of getting the aero kit, I think I rather have the techart II wing, looks more like a GT3 wing and I hate the ducktail.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:28 AM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

What do you all think about the 4 way seats over the 14 or 18 way? I don't think sport plus comes in 14 way, so I thought 4 way was enough. I mean I never adjust really anything on my seat besides the usual 4 way adjustments.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:03 AM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 233 Posts

NO issues with the 4 way seats for me...however, it would have been nice to have the memory function as an option without having toupgrade to the 18 way.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:33 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,598 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Guess so. Though now instead of getting the aero kit, I think I rather have the techart II wing, looks more like a GT3 wing and I hate the ducktail.
remember to keep the OEM parts, so that you can return the car to stock if you ever come to sell it, aftermarket aero seldom helps sell a car...
Old 11-03-2014, 01:36 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
remember to keep the OEM parts, so that you can return the car to stock if you ever come to sell it, aftermarket aero seldom helps sell a car...
People rather have the ducktail crap aero kit over the tech art wing? Porsche really should offer the wing without the ducktail. But they probably think then it will resemble a GT3 too closely, so it looks like they combined the turbo and GT3 rear into one, which is stupid looking.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:05 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,598 Likes on 2,341 Posts

People rather have the ducktail crap aero kit over the tech art wing? Porsche really should offer the wing without the ducktail. But they probably think then it will resemble a GT3 too closely, so it looks like they combined the turbo and GT3 rear into one, which is stupid looking.
all I'm saying is if you plan to sell in the future, keep the OEM parts ... not everyone loves or wants any aftermarket modifications to their car, and you can always sell those parts separately anyway ... because a buyer will seldom pay you a penny extra for any such modifications you make...

this is about economics not esthetics ... its free advice take it or leave it, but
believe me its advice based on past experience. YMMV
Old 11-03-2014, 02:21 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
all I'm saying is if you plan to sell in the future, keep the OEM parts ... not everyone loves or wants any aftermarket modifications to their car, and you can always sell those parts separately anyway ... because a buyer will seldom pay you a penny extra for any such modifications you make...

this is about economics not esthetics ... its free advice take it or leave it, but
believe me its advice based on past experience. YMMV
Yea I know. I've modified cars in the past and rarely got it back come resale. Always went back to stock and sold separately. I figured this particular one may be different, since the techart wing is better than the aerokit rear, and they are basically the same price.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:28 PM
Scottish Pete
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

"I don't mind keeping power steering, its a 250 option."
Power steering comes standard on the 991 . . . the Power Steering Plus option adds further assist at low speeds. Most find it unnecessary. If you like to parallel park with a latte in one hand it could prove useful.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:09 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Scottish Pete
"I don't mind keeping power steering, its a 250 option."
Power steering comes standard on the 991 . . . the Power Steering Plus option adds further assist at low speeds. Most find it unnecessary. If you like to parallel park with a latte in one hand it could prove useful.
I like to parallel park with an imaginative latte in my hand, since actual drinks are not allowed in my cars with the exception of water.

Quick Reply: GTS build question