Sponsored by:

3rd Brake Light Modulator

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 07:16 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,118 Likes on 667 Posts
Default 3rd Brake Light Modulator

Has anybody installed this to ward off tailgaters?

http://www.kahtec.com/smart_stop.htm

Seems easy enough, but have not really looked at the wires to the 3rd brake light. The rubber housing is pretty thick. For those who have installed it, any tips? Does installing it also modulate the brake light in the spoiler?
Old 10-27-2014, 09:39 AM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
Has anybody installed this to ward off tailgaters?

http://www.kahtec.com/smart_stop.htm

Seems easy enough, but have not really looked at the wires to the 3rd brake light. The rubber housing is pretty thick. For those who have installed it, any tips? Does installing it also modulate the brake light in the spoiler?
Hi- See my "other" post on this.... I installed on my '14 C4S recently. Haven't had a moment to post-up the DIY. Maybe later today....

It really is quite simple to install. You will have to tap into and cut some wires in the 991 harness, but it is very easy to reverse if you need to. Also, I would recommend soldering all connections rather than using the clamp-on taps provided with the Kahtec module. Also, as mentioned in my post on another board, if you don't have one of the fixed-wing aero options you would need 2 modules to have both third brake lights blinking when active.

Stay tuned for more!
Old 10-27-2014, 11:44 AM
Just J
Rennlist Member

Received 335 Likes on 154 Posts

Just make sure you get the delay version and set it long - those things are incredibly annoying in stop-and-go traffic.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:02 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

I did some research. To use this properly, you need to know which pedal is for braking:

Quick Reply: 3rd Brake Light Modulator