Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS interior pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 03:07 PM
Harsany
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 42 Posts

The silver is beautiful, a CF or aluminum shifter would look great.

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
stunning - cant wait for my silver int. The CF *really* looks great, might spec a CF shifter also.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:18 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,621 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Originally Posted by Harsany
that's my thinking ... the interior is probably the nicest 911 interior Ive seen
Old 10-20-2014, 03:20 PM
CBejbl
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks great. I'm ready to swap mine out.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:42 PM
Harsany
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 42 Posts

I agree totally.

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
that's my thinking ... the interior is probably the nicest 911 interior Ive seen
Old 10-20-2014, 05:42 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

a carmine red ext with the carmine red GTS pkg would rock ... wish the dev stitching option matched the ext color ... although silver will work nicely with sapp blue.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:44 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Harsany
I agree, leaving the shifter as alacantara would be fine, but I think opting for CF or as you suggest alu would work nicely with the GTS pkg, esp since the ctr console is trimmed in CF.

Its funny before the GTS came along and I was looking to spec a C2S I was trying to figure out what interior trim to go with, I was looking at painting it the exterior color, or going CF or brushed alu ... I think CF will look great on the GTS
Old 10-20-2014, 06:38 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

I'll be one of the few to disagree. The stitching, the seatbelts, the mats . . . all beautiful. But I just can't get my head around that alcantara. It's way too cheap looking for me. I've got it ordered on my current GTS config, but I'm going to change my order to full leather.

I want sapphire blue, but a basic black interior is kind of boring. I hate to say it, but now I'm considering a black exterior and black/garnet interior. Opinions??
Old 10-20-2014, 06:53 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

I know some guys don't like the alcantara but anything GTS = Alcantara in Porsche's eyes. It's always been.

With that said, you would think that Porsche of late would allow you to do whatever you want to with the config. More money in the long run.

The GTS looks nicer inside than I imagined. It would be this or buy a GT3 and remove the wing which would **** off a whole other group of people. Oh the humanity.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:42 PM
coxswain
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hinckley
I'll be one of the few to disagree. The stitching, the seatbelts, the mats . . . all beautiful. But I just can't get my head around that alcantara. It's way too cheap looking for me. I've got it ordered on my current GTS config, but I'm going to change my order to full leather.

I want sapphire blue, but a basic black interior is kind of boring. I hate to say it, but now I'm considering a black exterior and black/garnet interior. Opinions??

I also don't like all-alcantara interior. But this GTS interior is a subtle mixture of leather and alcantara, with added decorative stitchings. Only relatively small portion is covered in alcantara; the bigger portion is all covered in leather. So it will still look classy. And if you opt for the leather steering wheel and leather shift lever, it will look even better. I think the Porsche interior designers have done a good job.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:45 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Am I the only one who likes the grippy nature of Alcantara? I also find it easy enough to clean, and keep clean (just give it some 303 Aerospace Protectant to add some liquid-resistance).
Old 10-20-2014, 11:05 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetsky
On my GTS build I went with the leather seats. I like the look of the GTS package, but have heard/read too many bad experiences with alcantara.
Like what?

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Am I the only one who likes the grippy nature of Alcantara? I also find it easy enough to clean, and keep clean (just give it some 303 Aerospace Protectant to add some liquid-resistance).
I've always been a leather interior guy but I drove a friend's 911 with Alcantara this weekend and was definitely impressed by the difference in grip. Alcantara keeps you pretty snug in your seat.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:19 PM
FORENN
Banned

For those of you GTS guys who are considering skipping the GTS Communication Package, I'm wondering if you can answer a basic question I have. If no special interior trim options (e.g., leather, brushed aluminum, CF) are selected, what is the standard material used for the (a) dash/cupholder trim, and (b) center console trim? On the 911 Carrera, the standard material for these two areas is an aluminum-colored plastic (matching the door handles and the sport design steering wheel). But for the GTS, the configurator depicts the standard trim for the center console and cupholder strip as some kind of brushed dark wood -- or, at least, that's my best guess. Any thoughts?
Old 10-20-2014, 11:27 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 698 Likes on 317 Posts

Absolutely gorgeous!
Old 10-20-2014, 11:40 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 330 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by sportscentury
For those of you GTS guys who are considering skipping the GTS Communication Package, I'm wondering if you can answer a basic question I have. If no special interior trim options (e.g., leather, brushed aluminum, CF) are selected, what is the standard material used for the (a) dash/cupholder trim, and (b) center console trim? On the 911 Carrera, the standard material for these two areas is an aluminum-colored plastic (matching the door handles and the sport design steering wheel). But for the GTS, the configurator depicts the standard trim for the center console and cupholder strip as some kind of brushed dark wood -- or, at least, that's my best guess. Any thoughts?
Someone mentioned in another thread that it is a dark/brushed steel of some kind... can't be sure as I haven't seen it in person but there are pics on the Porsche site under GTS.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:52 PM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by Vise
Someone mentioned in another thread that it is a dark/brushed steel of some kind... can't be sure as I haven't seen it in person but there are pics on the Porsche site under GTS.
Thank you. Now that I am looking at it with your response in mind, it does indeed look like a brushed dark metal.

Quick Reply: GTS interior pics