Sponsored by:

After market Stereo mod- advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 02:21 PM
socalsteve
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Caprzeland
The job was done by Jamey Rawlings. I am not technically able to answer all your questions, but yes it is a 3 ways system, yes, and yes we replaced the back speakers too.
Not sure about the cross over question. Pm me, I can give you his cell. number, if you want to call Jamey directly he can give you the details...
I know of Jamey and his great reputation for Porsches.

Seriously considering it and he would be the guy I would use.

Thanks for the info! I was a sound engineer in a previous life, so the questions I asked you were probably too technical for most...
Old 11-04-2014, 06:13 PM
porsche9xx
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jamey did an audio install for me a while back in a Boxster - he had a location in BH called Paris Audio - he was very active on forum's and pretty much handled all of the 986 and 996 audio install jobs.

By chance did you see what the stock speakers were in the base system?
Old 11-05-2014, 03:16 PM
Money2536
Race Car

Received 228 Likes on 74 Posts

What speakers did you end up getting? The shot of the door shows a crossover mounted. That isn't a DynAudio Crossover. Is that the factory one? Do you know where they put the amp? I'm glad to here you don't feel the need to get a sub. I think I'm going to do the same thing to the GT3.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:28 PM
Carcam
Rennlist Member

Received 236 Likes on 96 Posts

[QUOTE=MJBird993;11776825]Holy crap that's a red interior!!!! Do your eyes bleed?

I'm glad you're happy with the upgrade. I'm tempted to do the same, but lack of funds and cojones prevents it. (see earlier comment re: Nick Murray). Hey, Carcam, where are you at?

Good news, bad news. I'm in Greensboro but don't have the car anymore- did an early trade on a Turbo (with Burmester- hope it sounds as good. New car due in Dec or early Jan.
Old 11-08-2014, 04:48 PM
Caprzeland
Advanced

Here are sine pics of the base stereo anpli and speakers we replaced
Brand is ASK....

Old 11-08-2014, 04:56 PM
Caprzeland
Advanced

Originally Posted by Money2536
What speakers did you end up getting? The shot of the door shows a crossover mounted. That isn't a DynAudio Crossover. Is that the factory one? Do you know where they put the amp? I'm glad to here you don't feel the need to get a sub. I think I'm going to do the same thing to the GT3.
We had to change the initial plan for 2 reasons: the esotec tweeters would not fit in the dash below the covers, and I also wanted to avoid putting the ampli and processor in the frunk.
So we ended up with a bit less power, sitting at 520w with the Audison Prima integrated ampli and processor, fitting below the seat. Seamless and totally unintrusive.
Tweeters from Seas.

Last edited by Caprzeland; 11-08-2014 at 05:31 PM.

Quick Reply: After market Stereo mod- advice needed