Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CL wheels - unemotional perspective please

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 01:04 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Completely non-emotional, I simply have no interest in dealing with CL wheels. And non-Porsche mechanics will likely not know what to do with them.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:30 AM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 23 Posts

CL require some bulky and expensive tools to get the job done. It is not rocket science or brain surgery. The first tire change/brake job is slower but the subsequent tire removals are no big deal. I wouldn't pass on a car with CL despite all of the internet buzz about how "bad" they are. If you don't track your car, its probably not going to be an issue.

Maybe I'll order my next car with CL and PCCB just to make life interesting.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:25 AM
Bill_C4S
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I tend to agree, although I think the CLs have been around long enough that there is a fair set of aftermarket options available ... although not as much as 5 lug.

I dont know why Porsche in their infinite wisdom decided not to off the full range of wheels for the GTS that are available on the other S models ... I'm
not a fan of the 'Carerra S' wheel ... but would have considered the 'Classic' had it been on offer...

I think that since the CL is an intrinsic part of the GTS experience that I will probably get it, although again I would like silver/platinum paint options as black does not go with every exterior color...
Larry - suspect you could substitute wheels as an "Exclusive" option...

no doubt...given the massive disruption to the production line (sarcasm alert)...might come with a painful tarriff...but worth an ask.

been mulling whether you could use Exclusive to dump the sport design nose...as I am not a fan.

Quick Reply: CL wheels - unemotional perspective please