Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Confirmation (off-the-record) that 991 GTS will first appear as a late MY2015!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 05:02 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,600 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
I'm OK with that. We want full leather Espresso/Cognac. Stock wheels but some extra leather tidbits. Mainly interested in X51 "discount".
I think then, that you wont be disappointed...

I'm in the same boat, I might opt for the Alacantara and the CL wheels (depending upon the seat variant of the former and the style of the latter)
but if I don't like either I will opt for full leather+18 way *** and (5 lug)
Carerra Classic wheels. ka-ching.

I'm also curious to see what happens about that 'sport pkg' I found, and if that will be offered in conjunction with the GTS, I might opt for that as well...
although I imagine it may already come with the Sport Design front facia and mirrors...
Old 09-24-2014, 05:19 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,100 Likes on 659 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I think then, that you wont be disappointed...

I'm in the same boat, I might opt for the Alacantara and the CL wheels (depending upon the seat variant of the former and the style of the latter)
but if I don't like either I will opt for full leather+18 way *** and (5 lug)
Carerra Classic wheels. ka-ching.

I'm also curious to see what happens about that 'sport pkg' I found, and if that will be offered in conjunction with the GTS, I might opt for that as well...
although I imagine it may already come with the Sport Design front facia and mirrors...
And X51 has sport Chrono and PSE already, leaving what, the ducktail?
Old 09-24-2014, 06:14 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

And X51 has sport Chrono and PSE already, leaving what, the ducktail?
F & R Sport Design aero
SD mirrors
SD steering wheel
Old 09-24-2014, 06:28 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

F & R Sport Design aero
SD mirrors
SD steering wheel
Well, the steering wheel is a must have if I can't have the MFSW with paddles but I'm not sold on the mirrors since they don't have the puddle lights and only fold manually. I was wild about the ducktail at first, but the longer I look at the car, the more I like the look of the stock rear end.
Can't wait to find out for sure! I started ordering a car 4/30/14 and have had 3 delays by Porsche (so far).
Old 09-24-2014, 06:57 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Well, the steering wheel is a must have if I can't have the MFSW with paddles
agreed!

but I'm not sold on the mirrors since they don't have the puddle lights and only fold manually.
I'm undecided!

I was wild about the ducktail at first, but the longer I look at the car, the more I like the look of the stock rear end.
ditto...

Can't wait to find out for sure! I started ordering a car 4/30/14 and have had 3 delays by Porsche (so far).
start pushing your dealer after 10/14 - I will take a bunch of photos 11/21 and extract as much info from the Porsche staff at the L.A show and will
post in this forum later that day.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:47 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

start pushing your dealer after 10/14 - I will take a bunch of photos 11/21 and extract as much info from the Porsche staff at the L.A show and will
post in this forum later that day.
I look forward to the pics and info. The dealer has been quite good about the whole affair and has already spent what I acknowledge as a disproportionate amount of time with me on my build and delays. I don't consider the dealer at fault at all, either, unless you consider getting me a "September PTS build" that PAG has now pushed to February after first pushing it to November/December to be the dealer's fault (I don't).
I'm cautiously optimistic this time around. I hope.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:22 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by hzoenvy33
I think I have to disappoint you here. The picture that you have posted is clearly the 991.2 / 992 test mule (look at the intercooler outlets on the sides of the rear bumper). I saw a (minimal carmouflaged) GTS a couple of days ago. It was a regular 991.1 with the wide body, center locks (I think it were the Turbo S style rims) and the front bumper of the Sport Design package. Sadly didn't see the interior but looking at the 981 GTS and 997 GTS, I think Alcantara is a good guess.
Cheers from Stuttgart!
You are not disappointing me. I don't have a dog in this fight. I was mostly pointing out to the center exhaust in those 'mule' photos, which most of the automotive 'pundits' think represents the one for the new 991 gts model! I am like Sargent Schultz in Hogan's Heroes:

I have also received pm & emails from others saying that their US Porsche dealers don't yet have MY2015 gts allocations & asking what is the deal! The answer is I don't know personally but I trust my source. Either way we will know pretty soon.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 09-24-2014, 08:24 PM
A36Pilot
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

agreed! I'm undecided! ditto... start pushing your dealer after 10/14 - I will take a bunch of photos 11/21 and extract as much info from the Porsche staff at the L.A show and will post in this forum later that day.
This is what I love about this forum. People like Larry Cable offering help, guidance, suggestions, etc. Thank you and God Bless.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:19 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A36Pilot
This is what I love about this forum. People like Larry Cable offering help, guidance, suggestions, etc. Thank you and God Bless.
and its all free! and you know what they say about free advice!

Seriously though I have skin in this game... so I'm motivated!
Old 09-24-2014, 09:42 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z356

I have also received pm & emails from others saying that their US Porsche dealers don't yet have MY2015 gts allocations & asking what is the deal! The answer is I don't know personally but I trust my source. Either way we will know pretty soon.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
I think we have enough "human intel" now to be pretty confident:

1) Motortrend: GTS to be unveiled in L.A Nov '14

2) UK Porsche Club members intimate that PCGB have been calling them regarding forthcoming GTS

3) "deep throat" source of mine... confirms (1)

4) Eduardo's US dealer source

That's enough for me, its coming ... we will know more no later than 11/20

The rest are just "devils in the detail", availability, price, options, etc etc

Christmas is coming! ... anyone want to start a pool on my Nordschleife lap time in a GTS Cabriolet?
Old 09-24-2014, 09:44 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

I look forward to the pics and info. The dealer has been quite good about the whole affair and has already spent what I acknowledge as a disproportionate amount of time with me on my build and delays. I don't consider the dealer at fault at all, either, unless you consider getting me a "September PTS build" that PAG has now pushed to February after first pushing it to November/December to be the dealer's fault (I don't).
I'm cautiously optimistic this time around. I hope.
You might lose your PTS slot, and potentially push the build later than February it all depends when production kicks off... I'm aiming for May/June myself so no pressure ... although a PTS GTS could be fun!
Old 09-25-2014, 03:05 AM
tejstar01
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

that's pretty much the attraction to me is the discounted X51 and the S body with a 2WD car ...

Also note that the prematurely disclosed 'sport pkg' that discounts all the "Sport Design" aero, steering wheel, PSE & Sport Chrono should appear in Nov for those of you interested in saving $10k or so...
Same for me as I really want the GTS, but hopefully they make the Targa GTS 2wd, just wishing! And I so hope the center lock wheels are optional as I do not want them either!
Old 09-25-2014, 05:42 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

I wonder if they will offer the PCM - track precision app option on the GTS?
Old 09-25-2014, 07:44 PM
Sharm
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 42 Posts

I think we have enough "human intel" now to be pretty confident: 1) Motortrend: GTS to be unveiled in L.A Nov '14 2) UK Porsche Club members intimate that PCGB have been calling them regarding forthcoming GTS 3) "deep throat" source of mine... confirms (1) 4) Eduardo's US dealer source That's enough for me, its coming ... we will know more no later than 11/20 The rest are just "devils in the detail", availability, price, options, etc etc Christmas is coming! ... anyone want to start a pool on my Nordschleife lap time in a GTS Cabriolet?
Unfortunately this doesn't help me in deciding whether to wait another painstaking 2-3 months longer after January for the 911 facelift or keep my current targa 4S build eta'd for 1/2016! I wish they were announcing the facelift in November, that way they would've implemented the lift by the time I took delivery. Does anyone know, based on previous 911 generation history, if I were to reorder a car for the 991.2 and cancel my targa order around when would the dealers have allocations for MY16 and when would the first ones arrive at the dealers? Thanks for any advice..
Old 09-25-2014, 08:36 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sharm
Unfortunately this doesn't help me in deciding whether to wait another painstaking 2-3 months longer after January for the 911 facelift or keep my current targa 4S build eta'd for 1/2016! I wish they were announcing the facelift in November, that way they would've implemented the lift by the time I took delivery. Does anyone know, based on previous 911 generation history, if I were to reorder a car for the 991.2 and cancel my targa order around when would the dealers have allocations for MY16 and when would the first ones arrive at the dealers? Thanks for any advice..
you mean 15 right?

I think you at least would have to wait until L.A (11/18-20) to see if the facelift appears then otherwise it would be Geneva in 3/15... of course there is also Paris next week ... but that is probably too soon.

I *thought* that the next model year begins production in June of the previous CY ... i.e MY16 would commence 6/15.

Maybe some clarifying info will leak from the dealers mtg in LV on the 14th?

Quick Reply: Confirmation (off-the-record) that 991 GTS will first appear as a late MY2015!