Sponsored by:

My First 911

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 03:53 PM
cremaley
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Default My First 911

My Porsche life began in December 2011 when I purchased a 2008 Cayman S. In May of 2013 I traded the Cayman S for a 2011 Boxster Spyder. About a week ago I stopped by my local Porsche dealer to say hello to my sales rep and wound up trading my Spyder for a 2014 911 Carrera. The Spyder is an amazing car to drive but once I test drove the 911 Carrera I was hooked. The fact that it came with 20" Turbo Design Wheels and a glass sliding sunroof sealed the deal. To make matters even better its black on black which is my favorite color combination. It was also the last 2014 Carrera on the lot so I got a substantial discount. How lucky can one guy be?
Old 09-22-2014, 04:02 PM
mtbscott
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I really like those wheels, saw some on a Boxster GTS in my dealer's showroom. Congrats.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:24 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts

congrats and enjoy

those 20 inch wheels look great in person , much better than in pics , and they appear almost like 22 inch wheels when sitting next to same car with the 20 inch Carrera S wheel because the ends of their spokes so emphatically seem to touch the tire sidewall, whereas the Carrera S spokes " fade " as they start blending into the rim
Old 09-22-2014, 04:49 PM
CPTAmericaMV
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats! Love the wheels!
Old 09-22-2014, 04:52 PM
SuncoastParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 166 Likes on 88 Posts

Looks fantastic with the Turbo wheels! Congrats!!!
Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow our Project 718 Build Thread!

Stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter
Facebook

Old 09-22-2014, 05:12 PM
jamgolf
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Congratulations !

It would be quite interesting to read what your thoughts are as far as your new 991 Carrera vs your Boxter Spyder
Old 09-22-2014, 05:58 PM
zathras
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are some sharp looking wheels for sure. Nice score!
Old 09-22-2014, 06:47 PM
cremaley
Advanced

Originally Posted by jamgolf
Congratulations !

It would be quite interesting to read what your thoughts are as far as your new 991 Carrera vs your Boxter Spyder
It was a very difficult decision for me to trade the Spyder. IMO it's a one of a kind car. Production was limited to 1944 worldwide and only 751 came to North America which includes Canada and the US. Definitely a different drive than the Carrera. More visceral ride and you definitely feel more of the road beneath you. Suspension is very stiff and it just eats up the corners. The sport bucket seats made it challenging to get in and out of the car. My wife hated the seats. I put up with them because I loved the car. As far as the Carrera is concerned, its a much more refined and luxurious ride. You can definitely spend more time behind the wheel of the Carrera than the Spyder without fatigue. Overall, I am glad I made the change although if I could have afforded to own two Porsche's the Spyder would still be in my garage. Still I am glad I had the opportunity to own and drive one. As a side note I attended an event called Caffeine and Exotics yesterday. There were several Porsche's there including Turbo's and GT3's and a few Carreras. No one was paying an special attention to my Carrera. Last month's event I had the Spyder there and the crowds around the car were amazing to me especially with all of the Ferrari's and Lambo's there. Like I said its a one of a kind Porsche. She will be missed.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:57 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gorgeous! Love the Turbo rims! Enjoy your new ride!
Old 09-22-2014, 10:18 PM
Dans911C
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love it, congrats! I am enjoying my 2015 black on black 911 also! Mine has silver 20" 4S wheels, yours with the 20" Turbo wheels is an amazing look!
Old 09-22-2014, 10:26 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 14 Posts

Sharp!
Old 09-22-2014, 11:07 PM
ggreg911
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 89 Posts

Good choice on the turbos... I have them on my C2S.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:08 PM
jamgolf
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cremaley
It was a very difficult decision for me to trade the Spyder. IMO it's a one of a kind car. Production was limited to 1944 worldwide and only 751 came to North America which includes Canada and the US. Definitely a different drive than the Carrera. More visceral ride and you definitely feel more of the road beneath you. Suspension is very stiff and it just eats up the corners. The sport bucket seats made it challenging to get in and out of the car. My wife hated the seats. I put up with them because I loved the car. As far as the Carrera is concerned, its a much more refined and luxurious ride. You can definitely spend more time behind the wheel of the Carrera than the Spyder without fatigue. Overall, I am glad I made the change although if I could have afforded to own two Porsche's the Spyder would still be in my garage. Still I am glad I had the opportunity to own and drive one. As a side note I attended an event called Caffeine and Exotics yesterday. There were several Porsche's there including Turbo's and GT3's and a few Carreras. No one was paying an special attention to my Carrera. Last month's event I had the Spyder there and the crowds around the car were amazing to me especially with all of the Ferrari's and Lambo's there. Like I said its a one of a kind Porsche. She will be missed.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Spyder is certainly a more unique vehicle compared to a Carrera. I did not realize the bucket seats make it that hard to get in/out of the vehicle.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:24 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by jamgolf
Spyder is certainly a more unique vehicle compared to a Carrera. I did not realize the bucket seats make it that hard to get in/out of the vehicle.
it's not so much the getting in...it's the getting out .....if your passenger is wearing a short skirt , she pretty much has to pull it up above her waist to clamber over the rising rigid diagonal side bar that functions as the " bolster "

Old 09-23-2014, 08:48 PM
cremaley
Advanced

Originally Posted by MKW
it's not so much the getting in...it's the getting out .....if your passenger is wearing a short skirt , she pretty much has to pull it up above her waist to clamber over the rising rigid diagonal side bar that functions as the " bolster "

My wife would never wear either s skirt or a dress when I drove the Spyder. She was really pleased to see it go. Me not so much.

Quick Reply: My First 911