Sponsored by:

Recent returnees from ED - beware

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 04:39 PM
clangpap
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Recent returnees from ED - beware

Received an invoice from the German government this week. Not large, euro26, but I really had no idea what it was for as it was all in German. It appeared to be some sort of "green" tax as there were references to the engine size and CO2.

I used "babelfish" on a number of sentences and it appeared to contain legal remedies and bank information for remittances. As I had no idea what it was for nor how to pay, I scanned it and sent it back to the email address on the invoice asking for guidance.

The response came back "the amount was paid by Dr.Ing.h.c.F.Porsche AG, it was sent for your information only". I saw nothing that looked like the word "Informationen" anywhere on the invoice.

Either amazing bureaucratic inefficiency sending these "Priority" letters throughout the world, or else a sufficient number of them are paid by unsuspecting returnees to make it worth their while.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:37 PM
trysixty
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

probably some russian or serbian hacker who didn't get your 26 euros, but now has your email address, with cc numbers and passwords to follow.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:54 PM
Monetthecat
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I got the same thing following the delivery of my Audi A7 this Summer. Spoke to the Euro Delivery team and they said to ignore and Audi would pay it
Old 09-20-2014, 05:08 PM
VIC_50th
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

I think this is the fee for the Green-Zone sticker (auf Deutsch, Umweltzone-Plakette) that you are supposed to display in certain emissions-restricted areas (typically city centres in places like Berlin, Cologne, Stuttgart, Leipzig, etc). There is a fine for entering these zones without an appropriate sticker; in Germany I believe the fine is Euro 80, so the 26 Euro bill you got is not a fine for not displaying, I would guess.
We got our sticker with our delivery package in Leipzig; I was told it was included as part the delivery, so the response from Porsche would be correct.
You can see the sticker being held in place with our little Cdn flag stuffy in the lower right corner of the windshield:
Attached Images  
Old 09-22-2014, 12:43 PM
993Mpls
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Can you post the scan? I'd like to read it.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:07 PM
clangpap
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 993Mpls
Can you post the scan? I'd like to read it.
Sure.
German doc2.pdf
Old 09-23-2014, 08:07 PM
Hugh Jardon
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the same thing about 2 weeks after I returned from and ED in July only it was for 24 Euro. I sent it to Jordan Brown at PCNA. I haven't heard back from her, so I'm assuming they are handling it.

Also, We were there for 3 weeks so we paid for the 23 days on insurance, and according to PCNA it was supposed to be 288 Euro and the nice folks at factory collection charged me 325 euro instead. Anyone else get "overcharged" for adding extra insurance?
Attached Images  
Old 09-24-2014, 03:39 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Nice picture, Hugh.

Quick Reply: Recent returnees from ED - beware