Porsche purchase gifts....???

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 09:39 AM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche purchase gifts....???

My sales guy threw in tint and clear side lights but I got almost jack-squat from Porsche on my purchase. I remember when I bought my Mini, they even gave me a BMW umbrella and a few other tokens.
A few days ago (a month after purchase) I received a package from Porsche thanking me for the purchase which included a pen with "Carrera" written on it. I guess they figured I could use it the next time I buy a car to sign the check

I was wondering if anyone has gotten any purchase gifts from Porsche ( not the dealer) for the car purchase?.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:49 AM
stealthboy
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

LOL - I have about four pens now. The Euro delivery option gets you a nice leather folio, a nice pen, pad of paper. Then on delivery you get a cool metal plate with your VIN and car specs along with an official photo of the delivery.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:47 AM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have received various items from Porsche over the last few years:
-the aforementioned pen, accompanied by the glossy 911 postcard/pics
-a 911 book,
-a couple of the USB memory sticks that look like the Porsche key,
-Porsche Mega-city calendar
-The little display with the clear lucite profiles of the 911 models
-Gift certificate for Porsche merchandise (picked up a nice Porsche mug with it.)
Old 06-26-2013, 04:55 PM
John's 991
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did not get anything from my dealer even after they messed up a few things. I have not even received an invitation to another event. Love the car though.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:44 PM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 454 Likes on 293 Posts

When I bought my Lexus, it was crazy all the stuff they kept sending me. Something showed up in the mail every week or two for a few months... a Lexus hat, a mug, a key fob, a lemon cake from some fancy place in Los Angeles (forgot the brand), and some other stuff. The cost of that crappola was insignificant compared to the profit they made from me off of the car purchase and subsequent servicing. I applaud their marketing savvy.

Subaru sent me a half-dead plant (a $3 philodendron). The plant had been tossed into a box labeled "This End Up," but the box was large and there was no packing material, so the the plant just bounced around loose in the box during transit). Really made me feel like a "special" customer.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:11 PM
Vegasguy
Intermediate

Each time I bought a new Porsche, I received as a gift the Certificate of Authenticity, which I believe is far more valuble than just trinkets. According to the Porsche website: "This valuable document includes your vehicle's original factory specifications, production completion date (Birth Date) and manufacturer's suggested retailprice (MSRP). This can prove to be invaluable for restoration, resale and for displaying your Porsche at official Porsche concourse events, such as the annual Porsche Club Parade. It also makes a great addition to your trophy case!"

I display mine on the walls of my study, and enjoy looking at them everyday.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:26 PM
rnl
Burning Brakes

Received 451 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by Vegasguy
Each time I bought a new Porsche, I received as a gift the Certificate of Authenticity, which I believe is far more valuble than just trinkets. According to the Porsche website: "This valuable document includes your vehicle's original factory specifications, production completion date (Birth Date) and manufacturer's suggested retailprice (MSRP). This can prove to be invaluable for restoration, resale and for displaying your Porsche at official Porsche concourse events, such as the annual Porsche Club Parade. It also makes a great addition to your trophy case!"

I display mine on the walls of my study, and enjoy looking at them everyday.
For some reason they sent me two certificates. Dealer gave us Porsche caps and installed spacers and clear side lights without charge I bought from Suncoast (dealer didn't stock them).
Old 06-26-2013, 08:50 PM
stealthboy
Burning Brakes

I just picked up my car today (finally!) and got these few extra "gifts":
- Extra user manual set with large wallet
- Euro warning triangle (I think the factory left that in there after Euro delivery dropoff)
- First aid kit (is that standard? It's in a red packet)

Old 06-26-2013, 10:06 PM
Monetthecat
Instructor

I got a quart of oil....
Old 06-26-2013, 10:10 PM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

I got two quarts....
Old 06-27-2013, 12:00 AM
jkonva
Track Day

Received a pen, and the dealer installed the clear side markers that I purchased online for free. When the real tags came in, they charged me $60 to install a Skene Design front bumper plate holder. I am incredibly happy with the car though.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:43 AM
YellowPMan
Instructor

2 porsche colour coded key rings
2 porsche mugs
and a porsche ipad cover....all beautifully gift wrapped..very nice touch i thought..
Old 06-27-2013, 05:00 AM
draxa
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In England we get a 'free' Porsche driving experience day at Silverstone when we buy a new car.

I would be surprised, though, if this present is not charged in the purchase price!
Old 06-27-2013, 08:21 AM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Porsche certificate of Authenticity

Wouldn't you think every car delivered would come with this since every car is made by Porsche? I've heard it can cost $100 for it.
First they sell the car to you for a profit, and then they want $100 to prove it's authentic.
Don't get me, I love the car but what's German for "Smuck"?...oh it is Smuck.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:18 AM
bboerit
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

I got jack...

Quick Reply: Porsche purchase gifts....???