Sponsored by:

off topic: a$$hole or not?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 02:56 PM
Harsany
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 42 Posts

Jester,

There is a reason why you drive a Porsche and he drives a jeep...
Old 09-15-2014, 03:03 PM
Medevack1
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Im sorry but people like that deserve a lesson in Ninjitsu..... lol

And you can get 12 of them through Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B005T8HMVI/?tag=3zho-20
Old 09-15-2014, 05:30 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,360 Posts

Originally Posted by paradocs98

Good idea--but with the frequency of jerks around here, I'd have to make up pre-printed stickers and keep a stack in the car at the ready.
That's not a bad idea ... I have left notes before on peoples cars when they parked badly ...
Old 09-16-2014, 01:27 AM
onapex
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As others have said, I wouldn't stress about it, life is too short. That said, to play devil's advocate, I can imagine the guy in the Jeep thinking something like this: Who does this lady think she is blocking the parking space? She's taking her sweet *** time, doors wide open, blocking me from parking.

From the Jeep's POV your wife is the *** for not moving to let others park. Don't sweat the small stuff!
Old 09-16-2014, 01:50 AM
Huncowboy
Advanced

Originally Posted by drh
People suck. Bottom line is someone you don't know and cares nothing about you has messed up your day and you have allowed it to control your emotions. The hard thing is to just let it go.
I just wanted to say I like your post a lot. I am getting better with age but every once in a while I find myself looking like a red lobster behind a wheel. Letting go is difficult but it is the way to go.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:47 AM
walterwu
Advanced

What's the purpose of saying something to the Jeep driver? To make yourself feel better, or to educate the other driver? If the latter, don't you think if that driver were teachable, he wouldn't have done it in the first place? If the former, the risk that the person is an aggressive, uncivil, gun-toting jerk (they come in all demographics, including members of this forum) who will make you regret it is significant, as those types drive just the way you describe. Simply put, no good will come from taking action, and it could be dangerous.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:46 AM
paradocs98
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by walterwu
What's the purpose of saying something to the Jeep driver? To make yourself feel better, or to educate the other driver? If the latter, don't you think if that driver were teachable, he wouldn't have done it in the first place? If the former, the risk that the person is an aggressive, uncivil, gun-toting jerk (they come in all demographics, including members of this forum) who will make you regret it is significant, as those types drive just the way you describe. Simply put, no good will come from taking action, and it could be dangerous.
Point well made. I was teachable, though. I've never been aggressive or selfish or nasty behind the wheel, but I used to drive a little too fast in residential neighborhoods. Probably 10+ years ago, before our kids, I was coming home on my street and gave that last push of the accelerator to hear that sweet inline-6 of my BMW at the time when a mom screamed and ran after her two-year-old daughter as she ran toward the street after a ball. I stopped, the mom grabbed her girl before she got to the street, and all was fine. I was maybe doing 35mph. But I should have been doing 20mph, and paying more attention. The look on the mother's face was enough to make me realize I needed to pay more attention and take it easy on local streets. I felt embarrassed and ashamed, and relieved that nothing tragic happened. And now that I have kids, I understand even more.

But you're right--most people who drive in a selfish and antisocial manner are probably selfish, antisocial people, and won't change. So, the best advice is to take a deep breath and sing my favorite song:

Old 09-16-2014, 09:16 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,442 Likes on 835 Posts

Originally Posted by Harsany
Jester,

There is a reason why you drive a Porsche and he drives a jeep...
what kind of asinine statement is that?

He could have a bugatti in the garage for all you know.

There are ******** in every single type of vehicle produced.

His financial worth has nothing to do with his character.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:31 PM
djlynch
Pro

Received 129 Likes on 48 Posts

WWJD. Turn the other cheek and let it go.

Quick Reply: off topic: a$$hole or not?