Sponsored by:

Garage Renovation

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 08:44 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice job, Duane. The pictures bring up a few questions though:

1) Why did you do all of the sheetrock (ceiling) finishing by yourself? This is why we allow illegal immigrants into the country, after all, to do these kinds of jobs for us.
2) How do you get the ladder down, or back up for that matter, from the ceiling?
3) Does that heater work well? Does it just warm you up if you're standing directly in front of it, or will it warm up the entire area?
4) What's up with the shoe collection?
5) Are you aware that the red tile is a different shade than the toolboxes which are a different shade of red from the compressor? If so, when do you plan to rectify that visual faux paus?
6) The first picture ('before') shows tools on the workbench: grinder, bandsaw, etc. Where did they end up?

Regards,
mjb
Old 09-04-2014, 11:43 AM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,358 Posts

1) Why did you do all of the sheetrock (ceiling) finishing by yourself?

Because I am an idiot.

2) How do you get the ladder down, or back up for that matter, from the ceiling?

It's on a pulley system. Very slick.
Racor LDL-1B Ladder Lift - - Amazon.com Racor LDL-1B Ladder Lift - - Amazon.com

3) Does that heater work well?

Decent. I also have a rotating floor heater so between the two of them, I'm good. There is also a small air conditioner in there as well when coupled with the ceiling fan makes it tolerable in the summer - if I can keep everyone else in the house from opening and closing the garage bay doors.

4) What's up with the shoe collection?

Mama doesn't like shoes in the house on her hardwood kitchen floors. And when Mama ain't happy, then NO ONE is happy. I am, if nothing else, well-trained.

5) Are you aware that the red tile is a different shade than the toolboxes which are a different shade of red from the compressor? If so, when do you plan to rectify that visual faux paus?

I shall be vinyl wrapping everything to correct that issue.

6) The first picture ('before') shows tools on the workbench: grinder, bandsaw, etc. Where did they end up?

Quick Reply: Garage Renovation