Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Let's see who gets his first
Old 09-03-2014, 07:23 PM
az audi
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drmatara
Let's see who gets his first
My sales rep is telling me the generic 9/19 delivery date from their system still. I am hoping this is just laziness not tracking down real information. Who knows. Seems forever away....

What are you guys hearing?
Old 09-03-2014, 07:31 PM
drmatara
Pro

Originally Posted by az audi

My sales rep is telling me the generic 9/19 delivery date from their system still. I am hoping this is just laziness not tracking down real information. Who knows. Seems forever away....

What are you guys hearing?
Yeah I called my dealer yesterday and in their paper it said that the vessel is schedule for arrival on 9/5 and then delivery around 9/12...so sounds like even though the cars arrived they will not pick them up till the original scheduled date...so our cars are just waiting in port of SD

Last edited by drmatara; 09-03-2014 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:00 PM
Scottish Pete
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Some of the previous posters from a year or so ago cited 5 to 8 days from docking at San Diego to release to dealers from the port. North Carolina arrivals were being released within 2 to 3 days . . .
Old 09-03-2014, 08:35 PM
az audi
Racer

Thanks guys.

I will say 'laziness' was the wrong would when referring to my sales rep. He's always come through for me.

He happen to call me back about another car and I asked more questions about the GT3 timing. 9/19 is what is showing in the system, but very possible I could see it sooner. I'll keep you posted.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:35 PM
drmatara
Pro

Yeah, I'm hoping that will get the cars sooner rather than later...but also it will be cool to get them on 9/11... ...911 on 9/11
Old 09-05-2014, 11:51 PM
az audi
Racer

Anyone hear anything yet?
Old 09-06-2014, 02:52 AM
BrandoU2
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by az audi
Anyone hear anything yet?
As a matter of fact.....YES!!!

My car, so I assume our cars, was/were released from port earlier today(Friday 5 Sept). I've been flying all day, otherwise I'd have posted when I was informed at about 2 this afternoon. Now.....911s, unlike some Porches, are moved only in enclosed transport. My dealer is in Carlsbad. He said, it will "just show up" at the dealership as early as tomorrow morning but probably no later than Tuesday. That's the best he can give me. Just the way it is.

So I figure Beverly Hills/LA should be on the same truck, right

And Vegas, same or maybe a day later???

A C2S, a Cab and a GT3....nice!!! I wish I could have all 3!!!! Not long now Brothers. Post 'me when you got 'em!!!
Old 09-06-2014, 02:52 AM
drmatara
Pro

They did not leave the port yet...my sales person said if I'm super lucky this weekend if not maybe Tuesday and for sure next Thursday...
Old 09-06-2014, 02:55 AM
BrandoU2
Intermediate

Doc, On tint I'm thinking Photosync. I'm gonna go pretty light. I want the protection but primo visibility both day and night. The deal in San Diego was to good to pass up. Hit me up if you want more info
Old 09-06-2014, 03:11 AM
drmatara
Pro

Originally Posted by BrandoU2
As a matter of fact.....YES!!!

My car, so I assume our cars, was/were released from port earlier today(Friday 5 Sept). I've been flying all day, otherwise I'd have posted when I was informed at about 2 this afternoon. Now.....911s, unlike some Porches, are moved only in enclosed transport. My dealer is in Carlsbad. He said, it will "just show up" at the dealership as early as tomorrow morning but probably no later than Tuesday. That's the best he can give me. Just the way it is.

So I figure Beverly Hills/LA should be on the same truck, right

And Vegas, same or maybe a day later???

A C2S, a Cab and a GT3....nice!!! I wish I could have all 3!!!! Not long now Brothers. Post 'me when you got 'em!!!
Really? When you say they been released you mean they left the port or in process?...Oh I will go to BH tomorrow just in case...LOL...that would make this weekend a great one...thanks for the info bud
Old 09-06-2014, 03:14 AM
drmatara
Pro

Doc, On tint I'm thinking Photosync. I'm gonna go pretty light. I want the protection but primo visibility both day and night. The deal in San Diego was to good to pass up. Hit me up if you want more info
Yeah definitely...is Photosync a ceramic tint? Are you going to do the windshield too or only the side and rear window?
Old 09-06-2014, 03:19 AM
BrandoU2
Intermediate

Released does NOT mean "left the port". They are, next, scheduled for enclosed transport. Bad part is that supposedly, we won't be advised when they leave. They will just show up at the dealer. I feel your/my pain
Old 09-06-2014, 03:25 AM
drmatara
Pro

Released does NOT mean "left the port". They are, next, scheduled for enclosed transport. Bad part is that supposedly, we won't be advised when they leave. They will just show up at the dealer. I feel your/my pain
Hope they are on a truck early AM...that would be so awesome...get to put few miles towards break-in... ...Keep me posted
Old 09-06-2014, 03:34 AM
BrandoU2
Intermediate

I'm gonna do EVERY piece of glass including the all glass sunroof. Gonna go 75 on the windshield. I will decide at the shop on the rest. The specs on Photosync are really impressive. I've compared with Llumar Formula One Pinnacle, Llumar Air 80 and 3m Crystalline. I'm focused primarily on IR rejection and visibility as opposed to aesthetic. Formula One might be better if you're looking for a charcoal tint. The Photosync is slightly blue.

Formula One is ceramic. Photosync, Crystalline and Llumar Air 80 are all "nano technology" tints. All of which will not interfere with RF transmission.

Quick Reply: Phoenix Leader