Sponsored by:

2012 991 "Launch Car"

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 04:21 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 698 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by CptSlow
That's encouraging. Thanks for responding.

Sure...

Platinum Silver/black
PDK
18 way seats
PDLS
PDCC
20 inch wheels
Fr/Rr park assist
Heat/cool seats
PSE

Some other stuff that I'm not remembering off hand....
That sounds very similar to how mine was optioned. I didn't have CPO (couldn't find any CPO cars that were matching what I was looking for) but I hope the lower price I got makes up for any problems that might occur after the factory warranty is up. It is a risk, of course, but I do feel better that my car checked out with the PPI.

That being said, if it was the right price and CPO, had the options I was looking at and checked out (CARFAX, PPI), I wouldn't hesitate.

As far as options, I had certain ones in mind that I really wanted and the 911S I bought really ticked the right boxes for me. What is funny is now that I have been driving the car for a while (and I am ADDICTED to it - such a joy to drive!) I have found myself really liking some of the other options I might not have gotten if I had ordered the car. PSE is probably the first and foremost one! LOVE that sound - it is like an orchestra to accompany the speed. Amazing. I was originally looking for the 14 way seats but the 18 way seats are incredible. They feel like they fit me like a glove.

So after breaking new ground with my first 911, if I order one next time I think I will have a very hard time choosing what options to NOT get...

If/when you get it - post up some pics!
Old 08-07-2014, 07:13 PM
CptSlow
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hurricane
That sounds very similar to how mine was optioned. I didn't have CPO (couldn't find any CPO cars that were matching what I was looking for) but I hope the lower price I got makes up for any problems that might occur after the factory warranty is up. It is a risk, of course, but I do feel better that my car checked out with the PPI.

That being said, if it was the right price and CPO, had the options I was looking at and checked out (CARFAX, PPI), I wouldn't hesitate.

As far as options, I had certain ones in mind that I really wanted and the 911S I bought really ticked the right boxes for me. What is funny is now that I have been driving the car for a while (and I am ADDICTED to it - such a joy to drive!) I have found myself really liking some of the other options I might not have gotten if I had ordered the car. PSE is probably the first and foremost one! LOVE that sound - it is like an orchestra to accompany the speed. Amazing. I was originally looking for the 14 way seats but the 18 way seats are incredible. They feel like they fit me like a glove.

So after breaking new ground with my first 911, if I order one next time I think I will have a very hard time choosing what options to NOT get...

If/when you get it - post up some pics!
Everything checks out. My wife, who's never been a car person is in love with the CaymanS we have, and decided that we needed "his and hers", bt wanted something a little more of a GT car for a few road trips.

So....color is right, options are overboard, offer is in play.

And you're right about the PSE. We have it on the Cayman. It's intoxicating.

On the options menu, you're right, it's hard not to just keep clicking box after box after bow after box....
Old 08-10-2014, 12:17 PM
CptSlow
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and comments.

My wife test drove the car, as well as several others models yesterday, and really loves the C2S. We were trying to stay within a certain budget, so this was the only S that was really in play.

Anyway, we purchased the car yesterday afternoon. Wife smiled behind the wheel all the way home.

It's been cloudy and rainy, so I'll get some pics in the next couple of days.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:34 PM
Porscheforever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife test drove the car, as well as several others models yesterday, and really loves the C2S. We were trying to stay within a certain budget, so this was the only S that was really in play.

Anyway, we purchased the car yesterday afternoon. Wife smiled behind the wheel all the way home.

Congrats!!!

Yes, pictures when you can please.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:35 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 847 Likes on 425 Posts

Old 08-10-2014, 01:00 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats!!
Old 08-10-2014, 01:29 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 698 Likes on 317 Posts

Congrats!!!
Old 08-12-2014, 11:25 PM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 430 Likes on 280 Posts

Congrats too.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:09 AM
David in Talent
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations ! Your car has all of the RIGHT options. Can't wait to see the pics :-))

Quick Reply: 2012 991 "Launch Car"