Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Houston 2 year service/Oil change

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014 | 12:00 PM
Pcar75
Intermediate

Default Houston 2 year service/Oil change

Called Momentum about 2 year service and they quoted me 650 dollars. This seems a bit high, but this is my first Porsche and I'm unfamiliar with what the going rates are. Are people seeing anything cheaper than this? perhaps recommendations on an indie shop that does good work. What's included in the 2 year service and why is it double the price of the 1 year?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-29-2014 | 12:06 PM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by Pcar75
Called Momentum about 2 year service and they quoted me 650 dollars. This seems a bit high, but this is my first Porsche and I'm unfamiliar with what the going rates are. Are people seeing anything cheaper than this? perhaps recommendations on an indie shop that does good work. What's included in the 2 year service and why is it double the price of the 1 year?

Thanks in advance.
Ask the dealershiup to break this down for you. But I suspect extra charges mainly for the required brake fluid flush. Maybe they are going to replace the cabin air filters, too.

An oil change is about $300. Brake fluid flush is about $250. Yes, all crazy dealership prices, but it is what it is. So now your are at $550-ish.

So another $100 is "unaccounted for". So ask them what they plan to do???
Old 07-29-2014 | 01:14 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Lexvan is right. Brake flush is every 2 yrs. My dealer charges $175 for this and about $200 for the oil. Indie shops will charge about $100 for a flush depending on the fluid used.
A lot of the service is "Check and inspect"etc. Any work will be additional.
The cabin filter is like a $25 DIY job.

Lastly, I wouldnt take my car anywhere near Momentum! They own Porsche West too. If you want a dealer go to Porsche North.
Old 07-29-2014 | 03:07 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

That's about right.

They do your oil change, brake flush, cabin and pollen filters etc. Of course you can negotiate all that but around $650 + is what all of those items add up to. I love splitting hairs in most areas of my life but to be honest I don't have the time to shop around another dealer or indie to save 10%.
Old 07-29-2014 | 03:23 PM
Pcar75
Intermediate

I'll check with Porsche North Houston. Thanks for the input.
Old 07-30-2014 | 01:31 PM
mtbscott
Burning Brakes

I have bought two cars from Momentum and had them serviced there, and have been generally quite satisfied. I do know that their service pricing seems kind of obscure sometimes so I always ask upfront what I'm looking at. They will tell you what you're getting for what price and if any of that is considered "optional."
My next service will be 40K and word is this is a pricey one as the rear bumper has to be removed to get to the air filters, along with some other stuff. Since my car is still under warranty I want to take it to a dealer, but I plan on getting a quote from all three Houston dealers before I commit to one.

Quick Reply: Houston 2 year service/Oil change