Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shopping bags gone wild

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2014 | 01:55 PM
VIC_50th
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by strandolph
I bought one of these. Fits exactly in the frunk footprint and has adjustable dividers. http://amzn.com/B000E7YP7I
This looks good -- how much room does it leave around the edges?
Old 08-03-2014 | 02:43 PM
strandolph
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by VIC_50th
A couple of inches front to back and none side to side. I'm away from my car for a couple of weeks or I'd take a picture.
Old 08-03-2014 | 06:21 PM
gt3fantasy
Instructor

[ATTACH]Name:  frunk2.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  90.5 KB[/ATTACH]

This is what I use, I daily driven my car so very handy, just a piece of cardboard or small cardboard box to separate things and keep them from moving around. Cheapest mod ever. Except the frunk liner which is not cheap but well worth it and lightweight.
Attached Images  
Old 08-04-2014 | 09:53 PM
Porscheforever
Racer

Originally Posted by TTCarrera
Here's my $3 kitchen cabinet **** mod in the back of my Cayenne GTS. Would probably work in the 991 trunk, too, although I haven't had the need to do it myself.

Looks nice!
Old 08-04-2014 | 09:56 PM
Porscheforever
Racer

Originally Posted by gt3fantasy
[ATTACH]Attachment 858520[/ATTACH]

This is what I use, I daily driven my car so very handy, just a piece of cardboard or small cardboard box to separate things and keep them from moving around. Cheapest mod ever. Except the frunk liner which is not cheap but well worth it and lightweight.
I'm getting the frunk liner and 50th anniversary blanket. If it does not work, I'lll fill it with styrofoam LOL
Old 08-04-2014 | 09:59 PM
Porscheforever
Racer

Originally Posted by BradB
It can be done a couple ways. There are a couple of recessed areas in the front trunk walls which fit the clips nicely. Option one is to drill two small holes in the trunk liner and use two small bolts with an oversized washer for support underneath. The liner is strong enough to support an average weight load you might typically see in a plastic shopping bag. I used this method on my Cayman.

Option two is to also drill into the metal behind the liner. There is a dead space there. No wires, obstacles or anything open to the elements. You can then use sheet metal screws or small bolts. (That's what I did) This way the clips can support very heavy loads and lateral forces. I typically carry gallon containers of paint, milk, etc. so I went this route.

The holes required for the bag hooks are very small. If you decide to remove the hooks later on the holes in the liner are almost invisible.
I prefer not to drill anything to the carpet or frame. But, I think I can drill two holes to the frunk liner (from suncoast) for the bolts.

Thanks for the good information!
Old 08-04-2014 | 10:03 PM
Porscheforever
Racer

Originally Posted by CSK 911 C4S
These 7 gal totes fit the luggage compartment really nice with a little bit of room on the side.

Just load it up and grab and go when you get home or at your destination. Once the tote is in the space it has enough room on top for a full back pack or other items.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_31502-61896-...7C1&facetInfo=
Wow, made in the USA...a rarity these days...

Would be all over it if I can pick it up nearby.
Old 08-04-2014 | 10:08 PM
Porscheforever
Racer

Originally Posted by VIC_50th
It's 12 x 18 inches, so it will be a perfect fit for the width section, but will leave about 50% empty space length-wise.
Old 08-06-2014 | 03:33 AM
Porscheforever
Racer

Decided to get the frunk liner from suncoast and 50th anniversary blanket.

I haven't tried it with heavy bags yet, but it seems to work very well preventing lighter shopping bags from going nuts.

Photo:

Old 08-06-2014 | 09:02 AM
stealthboy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Porscheforever
Decided to get the frunk liner from suncoast and 50th anniversary blanket.

Excellent solution. I have that blanket in my frunk and think it's great (a little pricey, but hey... It's nice). Besides, you never know when an impromptu picnic might break out! You're set.
Old 08-06-2014 | 10:10 AM
Porscheforever
Racer

Originally Posted by stealthboy
Excellent solution. I have that blanket in my frunk and think it's great (a little pricey, but hey... It's nice). Besides, you never know when an impromptu picnic might break out! You're set.
Yes, a picnic is in order this weekend

Thanks so much for recommending these, I think they're a good choice albeit a little pricey.

Quick Reply: Shopping bags gone wild