Sponsored by:

Shopping bags gone wild

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 11:01 PM
Porscheforever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
I deferred to my wife, since she knows all things shopping. Her response, "Simple, put more bags in the frunk!".
LOL
Old 07-27-2014, 11:04 PM
Porscheforever
Racer

Originally Posted by Grunty
There's always young children. Might help build character, but side effect could be mental trauma.
Could be good prep for pre-astronauts training!
Old 07-27-2014, 11:06 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

Aso deska.

I just noticed you are in Japan. Nice. You need to figure this out. We can't have your Kewpie sliding around in the frunk! Lol.

What part of Japan are you in?
Old 07-27-2014, 11:08 PM
Porscheforever
Racer

Originally Posted by CSK 911 C4S
I use a cheap plastic tote bought at Walmart then I just carry the tote to the kitchen to put my groceries away. I use the same tote for towels and weekend supplies when I head to the marina. Then doubles for a hamper for wet towels, swimwear and clothes. It really worked well last week when I made a Sams run.
Is it made in China? It could be highly toxic, melt and put a hole in your frunked or may go to flame in high G situation...
Old 07-27-2014, 11:29 PM
Porscheforever
Racer

Originally Posted by MarcusG
Aso deska.

I just noticed you are in Japan. Nice. You need to figure this out. We can't have your Kewpie sliding around in the frunk! Lol.

What part of Japan are you in?
Kewpie ROFL

I live in Shizuoka area, like 3 hours south west of Tokyo.

Ever been to Japan, Marcus? If not, you should come here sometimes for a vacation, the food is great and the sake is nutty.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:43 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Porscheforever
Kewpie ROFL

I live in Shizuoka area, like 3 hours south west of Tokyo.

Ever been to Japan, Marcus? If not, you should come here sometimes for a vacation, the food is great and the sake is nutty.

Yes. But it's been a while.

Tokyo and then Fukuoka. Visiting my buddies family. My nihongo is dame ne these days. I'm the only white guy that visits Mitsuwa or Marukai here in Los Angeles. Lol.

So tell us how crazy was the premium in USD for your 991? We need to be reminded how spoiled we are here in the USA.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:44 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

I installed a retractable bag holder. The part is an OEM Audi part. It mounts flush and is completely out of the way when not in use. We use these all the time in our S4 and have found them really useful in the 991. I installed one in my previously owned Cayman S as well.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:28 AM
Porscheforever
Racer

Originally Posted by MarcusG
Yes. But it's been a while.

Tokyo and then Fukuoka. Visiting my buddies family. My nihongo is dame ne these days. I'm the only white guy that visits Mitsuwa or Marukai here in Los Angeles. Lol.

So tell us how crazy was the premium in USD for your 991? We need to be reminded how spoiled we are here in the USA.
I think it's msrp + about 30% if you're buying from authorized Porsche dealer. So for $100,000 991, it's $130,000 here with 3 years warranty (excluding worn parts). It's cheaper to buy from private dealer like Porsche non-certified dealers or motorsports, but they don't have certified Porsche mechanics and warranty is questionable.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:29 AM
Porscheforever
Racer

Originally Posted by BradB
I installed a retractable bag holder. The part is an OEM Audi part. It mounts flush and is completely out of the way when not in use. We use these all the time in our S4 and have found them really useful in the 991. I installed one in my previously owned Cayman S as well.

Could you tell me how to install that part? How do you mount the retractable bag holder?

Can it be mounted on the liner or does it require any drilling etc?
Old 07-28-2014, 12:34 AM
Porscheforever
Racer

Originally Posted by Homeles
Never been in a Walmart. Can I order it online?
When I was living in the States, I used to like to visit Wallmart around midnight or early morning when there were no soul around. I found it very peaceful to walk in alley of silence and junks. Ah the memory...
Old 07-28-2014, 03:16 AM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Porscheforever
Could you tell me how to install that part? How do you mount the retractable bag holder?

Can it be mounted on the liner or does it require any drilling etc?
It can be done a couple ways. There are a couple of recessed areas in the front trunk walls which fit the clips nicely. Option one is to drill two small holes in the trunk liner and use two small bolts with an oversized washer for support underneath. The liner is strong enough to support an average weight load you might typically see in a plastic shopping bag. I used this method on my Cayman.

Option two is to also drill into the metal behind the liner. There is a dead space there. No wires, obstacles or anything open to the elements. You can then use sheet metal screws or small bolts. (That's what I did) This way the clips can support very heavy loads and lateral forces. I typically carry gallon containers of paint, milk, etc. so I went this route.

The holes required for the bag hooks are very small. If you decide to remove the hooks later on the holes in the liner are almost invisible.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:05 AM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 836 Likes on 418 Posts

These 7 gal totes fit the luggage compartment really nice with a little bit of room on the side.

Just load it up and grab and go when you get home or at your destination. Once the tote is in the space it has enough room on top for a full back pack or other items.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_31502-61896-...7C1&facetInfo=
Old 07-28-2014, 11:21 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Homeles
Never been in a Walmart. Can I order it online?
You're missing a true slice of Americana...

Old 07-28-2014, 11:33 AM
TTCarrera
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's my $3 kitchen cabinet **** mod in the back of my Cayenne GTS. Would probably work in the 991 trunk, too, although I haven't had the need to do it myself.

Old 08-02-2014, 02:03 PM
strandolph
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought one of these. Fits exactly in the frunk footprint and has adjustable dividers. http://amzn.com/B000E7YP7I

Quick Reply: Shopping bags gone wild