Old 07-24-2014 | 09:06 AM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Default PDCC option

Who's has it? Is it worth the price?
Old 07-24-2014 | 10:02 AM
Weim911
Instructor

I have PDCC. It was one of the options that I knew very little about but I considered that if I ever wanted to track it in the future, then I would probably want it. The thing I didn't know when I ordered it is, that its an on/off button on the center console so that you don't have to have it active all the time (I just thought it was ON). The system is quite ingenious. When its off, you don't notice that you miss it. When it's on, the ride is "firmer" in a way (you feel more bumps in the road) but during any heavy cornering, the car sticks flat to the road and doesn't lean in at all. I love the option and when I'm in sport mode it's always on. I would say that I use it 25% of the time in my car. Well worth the money for me. I pulled a flat 1.09G left turn the other day, and just giggled. It was awesome.
Old 07-24-2014 | 10:53 AM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

I have it. I leave it on all the time. It's nice but not necessary. I don't track this car at all. It does corner with less roll. It is hydraulic sway bars. In theory the ride should be smoother in a straight line since it is disengaged till you turn. So it's like firmer sway bars without the stiffer ride. Anyway, thats the theory. Money no issue get it but there are other things I would get first.
Old 07-24-2014 | 10:57 AM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Love it as well.

I drive on roads less traveled to and from my destinations in TN and on roads that are less then smooth with it off the ride is very nice. On roads with twists I drive with it on and it sticks like glue to the point I drive out of turns laughing the car handles so well.

The car I bought with PDCC was the 1st Porsche I ever driven so I'm not sure what the regular shock/spring set up feels like to compare.

EDIT:
Forgive. I had to look it up again. PASM vs PDCC PASM (shocks/dampers) you can turn on and off (sport and normal) .... PDCC is active all the time..... is this correct?

In looking at the build sheet for the 13 C4S I bought it says: 031 PDCC w/ PASM sport suspension. All that I know it's fantastic.

Last edited by CSK 911 C4S; 07-24-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-24-2014 | 11:14 AM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Turns out, like the rest of the internet, there is a search function on this forum.
Old 07-24-2014 | 11:17 AM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Major. Next time someone asks a question I'll tell them to do a search and I won't try and help. Your a shining star.
Old 07-24-2014 | 11:23 AM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Thank you Bacura. I could have done an internet search, but inst this why we use this forum? Do get personal opinions form its members to make a decision?
Old 07-24-2014 | 11:49 AM
clangpap
Instructor

I added it because our streets are very uneven, not for track use. I find it makes the car more comfortable on bumpy streets than our other "stiff" cars. We have never turned it off.
Old 07-24-2014 | 11:53 AM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Wow, bright crowd. Here, I'll help you out...

https://rennlist.com/forums/search.p...rchid=15951977
Old 07-24-2014 | 11:55 AM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

I have it, love it and never turn it off. Cornering is virtually flat compared to my 996 TT Cab that has PSS 10's on it. I'm told it adds to tire life (can't prove it by me yet) as it keeps wheels "flatter" in a corner.
Old 07-24-2014 | 12:28 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

OK, Mayor, you are correct Found it. Thank you
Old 07-24-2014 | 12:31 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

See below excerpts from Porsche iManuals. PDCC is always active and cannot be turned off. It is adjusted however when different modes such as sport and sport Plus are selected. PDCC is different than PASM.

I have it, I like it. Most noticeably PDCC has extended the life of my rear tires versus previous 997 cars I have owned. On the 997 C4S I never got more than 7,ooo miles out of my rear tires. I am at 12,000 on my 991 C4S and probably have a couple thousand or one more track day left.

From Porsche iManuals

Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) is a system for roll stabilisation of the vehicle body when driving.

Driving comfort and driving safety are improved by active intervention of the anti-roll bars on the front and rear axles. Vehicle balance and agility are optimised.

No separate controls are available for the PDCC system.

When you select a chassis setup in Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) the PDCC system automatically activates the corresponding on-road driving programme."Sport" and "Sport Plus" Mode
The selectable chassis settings mean that the vehicle can offer various modes for a sportier overall setup.

The "Sport" mode pushes the control systems more in the direction of greater emotionality and performance during everyday driving.

In "Sport Plus" mode, maximum performance is set for race-circuit-like driving:
– In "Sport Plus" mode:
PASM (Porsche Active Suspension Management) is automatically changed to "Chassis Normal" or "Chassis Sport" mode.
– In "Sport Plus" mode:
Like PASM, PDCC is switched to the corresponding "Sport" mode, whereby the rolling movements of the vehicle are
reduced further, depending on the selected mode.

That's how you do it. next please!
Old 07-24-2014 | 12:52 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Thank you
Old 07-24-2014 | 01:22 PM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Hammer911
See below excerpts from Porsche iManuals. PDCC is always active and cannot be turned off. It is adjusted however when different modes such as sport and sport Plus are selected. PDCC is different than PASM.

I have it, I like it. Most noticeably PDCC has extended the life of my rear tires versus previous 997 cars I have owned. On the 997 C4S I never got more than 7,ooo miles out of my rear tires. I am at 12,000 on my 991 C4S and probably have a couple thousand or one more track day left.

From Porsche iManuals

Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) is a system for roll stabilisation of the vehicle body when driving.

Driving comfort and driving safety are improved by active intervention of the anti-roll bars on the front and rear axles. Vehicle balance and agility are optimised.

No separate controls are available for the PDCC system.

When you select a chassis setup in Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) the PDCC system automatically activates the corresponding on-road driving programme."Sport" and "Sport Plus" Mode
The selectable chassis settings mean that the vehicle can offer various modes for a sportier overall setup.

The "Sport" mode pushes the control systems more in the direction of greater emotionality and performance during everyday driving.

In "Sport Plus" mode, maximum performance is set for race-circuit-like driving:
– In "Sport Plus" mode:
PASM (Porsche Active Suspension Management) is automatically changed to "Chassis Normal" or "Chassis Sport" mode.
– In "Sport Plus" mode:
Like PASM, PDCC is switched to the corresponding "Sport" mode, whereby the rolling movements of the vehicle are
reduced further, depending on the selected mode.

That's how you do it. next please!
Good info. That's the long way of saying that the people above don't seem to understand PDCC and what it does. Also, it cannot be "turned off."
Old 07-24-2014 | 01:23 PM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by CSK 911 C4S
Love it as well.

I drive on roads less traveled to and from my destinations in TN and on roads that are less then smooth with it off the ride is very nice. On roads with twists I drive with it on and it sticks like glue to the point I drive out of turns laughing the car handles so well.

The car I bought with PDCC was the 1st Porsche I ever driven so I'm not sure what the regular shock/spring set up feels like to compare.

EDIT:
Forgive. I had to look it up again. PASM vs PDCC PASM (shocks/dampers) you can turn on and off (sport and normal) .... PDCC is active all the time..... is this correct?

In looking at the build sheet for the 13 C4S I bought it says: 031 PDCC w/ PASM sport suspension. All that I know it's fantastic.
You can't turn any of it off. PDCC allows you to slightly change the stiffness of the suspension (not spring rate), but that's all.

Quick Reply: PDCC option