Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems using PIWIS TSI (Porsche Document Portal)

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 02:05 PM
scatkins
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Problems using PIWIS TSI (Porsche Document Portal)

Wondering if anyone from the U.S. uses the Porsche PIWIS TSI Portal? I'm just trying to order some wiring diagrams.

But the entire billing mechanism is really strange and doesn't seem to work. If you are from the US, you are supposed to select "Other Countries".. (USA isn't listed). However when you try to enter the credit card info... It just says other countries not supported..

There doesn't seem to be any administrative contact listed and I did find one email address which of course no one ever responded to..

Anyone have any practical advice for using the thing and at least getting the ability to buy the docs? Other contacts for resolving problems..

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:55 AM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,302 Likes on 887 Posts

Log onto Planet 9 (don't know if he's a user here) and send a PM to the user "porschelibrarian."
Old 07-11-2014, 01:21 PM
scatkins
Advanced

Thanks.. I finally solved the problem.

The entire portal is a real kludge.. Looks like they have some third party yo-yos that support it.. I sent an email 4 months ago they ignore. Then I sent another one and then they responded to both of my email lol.

In any case if you are trying to set up an account from the USA it is extra confusing. They key is you have to initially set your country to "other" (ther is no USA) then click on "other regions" which sends you out of the portal to a Porsche web page which you select your region. Then once you do that you go and try to set the account up again and then magically United States shows up. A real kludge.

If you don't get your country set correctly your credit card will never work properly.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:14 AM
lunarx
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I will try to sign up.
Is there really instructions for download, on there?
Old 07-15-2014, 01:13 PM
scatkins
Advanced

Originally Posted by lunarx
I will try to sign up.
Is there really instructions for download, on there?
Not really, seems like their instructions are outdate or wrong. Getting signed up properly is a kludge.. If you don't get the country set correctly (which in itself much more difficult than you think) there is no way to change it. So I had to finally create a new account with the proper country.

Here is my recommendation if you are in the U.S. : (PM me if you need help)

1) Don't use the direct links you find when searching the internet or in these forums. Best way is to go in via Porsche website with the proper localization. If you do everything works much easier.

2) Go to porsche.com/usa then from top menu select "Service&Accessories" dropdown and then -> Porsche Service

3) It will take you to another menu and select "Technical Service Information"

4) After that you should be at the PIWIS TSI Home.. Then from there you can just select "signup for account"

5) after you do 4) you should be at a sign up page where you enter in all your personal information. MAKE sure the country is already set to United states. If not then don't proceed. Something is wrong. If it is set correctly then you are home free..

The problem is they use the localization for the web page that is set by entering from the Porsche main web site. And if you don't come in to the PIWIS site that way when you are setting up the account it gets all goofed up.

And don't forget to bring your credit card.. I spent about $400 but now have a complete set of schematics for my 2014 991S which was my goal. The other stuff on the site isn't too bad. For example to get the work instructions to remove the front bumper/apron. is only a few bucks and I think worth it.

Good luck. PM me if you need help..
Old 07-15-2014, 01:24 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,621 Likes on 2,352 Posts

now we have to know what you are planning to do with those schematics!
Old 07-15-2014, 07:07 PM
scatkins
Advanced

I've got a few mods I'm thinking about. But it is mainly the Engineering curiosity in me.

It's nice to understand the fuseboxes and harnesses. Planning on adding the rear footwell and door LED lighting.

But mainly I also just wanted to understand the different ECU's and how they are interconnected. Bought a Durametric and wanting to do a little investigation.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:27 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

I know what you mean.

I've been using the German version since day one.

Porsche definitely needs to step up their game. The site is ancient, the design is user hostile by any standards and the support is non-existent.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:07 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,621 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Originally Posted by scatkins
I've got a few mods I'm thinking about. But it is mainly the Engineering curiosity in me.

It's nice to understand the fuseboxes and harnesses. Planning on adding the rear footwell and door LED lighting.

But mainly I also just wanted to understand the different ECU's and how they are interconnected. Bought a Durametric and wanting to do a little investigation.
very cool!

Quick Reply: Problems using PIWIS TSI (Porsche Document Portal)