Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any pics of black interior with carbon fiber trim?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014 | 02:36 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Default Any pics of black interior with carbon fiber trim?

This question was asked about a year ago, and only agate/carbon pics were available. I'd just like to be sure that the CF trim doesn't make the interior too black and somber. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by hinckley; 07-09-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-09-2014 | 04:07 PM
jlanka
Drifting

check my sig pics on Flickr
Old 07-09-2014 | 05:58 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by hinckley
This question was asked about a year ago, and only agate/carbon pics were available. I'd just like to be sure that the CF trim doesn't make the interior too black and somber. Thanks for the help.
Carbon Fiber trim looks great with ALL leather colors available on the 991! Go for it.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images  
Old 07-09-2014 | 06:18 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

it does!
Old 07-09-2014 | 06:18 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Z356
Carbon Fiber trim looks great with ALL leather colors available on the 991! Go for it.
Thanks Eduardo. Your aesthetic opinion counts for a lot (I've thought about PM'ing you for your opinion several times).

I love CF trim and have spec'd it on my current C4S cab config that freezes next week. I think it looks good with almost any Porsche interior (especially garnet/black) , but there's so little contrasting trims in the 911, I worry about it with black. jlanka's pics didn't allay that fear.

With a sapphire exterior, I'm now thinking about black interior with aluminum, agate with CF, or the black with CF. Any opinion on which would be better? Fwiw, I'm going to have Amber Orange contrasting stitching inside as well.
Old 07-09-2014 | 07:48 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Thanks Eduardo. Your aesthetic opinion counts for a lot (I've thought about PM'ing you for your opinion several times).

I love CF trim and have spec'd it on my current C4S cab config that freezes next week. I think it looks good with almost any Porsche interior (especially garnet/black) , but there's so little contrasting trims in the 911, I worry about it with black. jlanka's pics didn't allay that fear.

With a sapphire exterior, I'm now thinking about black interior with aluminum, agate with CF, or the black with CF. Any opinion on which would be better? Fwiw, I'm going to have Amber Orange contrasting stitching inside as well.
you thought about painting the interior trim to the exterior color?

I think agate is a little "brown", and totally subjectively, I dont think any shade of brown goes well with sapphire blue ...
Old 07-09-2014 | 08:51 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
you thought about painting the interior trim to the exterior color?

I think agate is a little "brown", and totally subjectively, I dont think any shade of brown goes well with sapphire blue ...
I share the concern about the brown aspect of the agate interior. Hopefully I can find one to see in person. I don't think painted trim looks good in the 991. There's just too much of it and it looks a bit garish imo. And I think the aluminum trim looks a bit cheap. I love CF, but worry about it with black. So . . .
Old 07-09-2014 | 08:56 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

I share the concern about the brown aspect of the agate interior. Hopefully I can find one to see in person. I don't think painted trim looks good in the 991. There's just too much of it and it looks a bit garish imo. And I think the aluminum trim looks a bit cheap. So . . .
I have exactly the same concerns... equally

I think CF might be the right answer, especially with a two-tone interior such as black/platinum

decisions decisions...
Old 07-09-2014 | 09:03 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I have exactly the same concerns... equally

I think CF might be the right answer, especially with a two-tone interior such as black/platinum

decisions decisions...
If you're decided on black/platinum, I think you're set. CF will look great and the platinum will make it pop.
Old 07-09-2014 | 09:09 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

If you're decided on black/platinum, I think you're set. CF will look great and the platinum will make it pop.
I'm still toggling between blk/platinum and plain black... if I go plain black I will take a chance and do trim paint!
Old 07-10-2014 | 03:03 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

[IMG][/IMG]

The carbon fiber trim with a black interior looks fantastic! It doesn't look somber at all because of how it reflects the light at so many angles. It looks so amazing your eyes are fixated on all the carbon fiber bits more than the rest of the interior. This was a C4S with no sunroof. I came oh so close to buying this car. I just had my heart set on a 2S and that's what I got. I even love the carbon fiber bit on the PDK shifter. I had more pics of this interior on my phone but they are gone now. This is the only one I had.

Last edited by MarcusG; 07-10-2014 at 03:23 AM.

Quick Reply: Any pics of black interior with carbon fiber trim?