Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PDCC fault on track

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014 | 02:52 PM
paradocs98
Rennlist Member

Default PDCC fault on track

At a track event today and tomorrow at NJMP Thunderbolt. Car has SPASM and PDCC. Got a warning message for a PDCC fault right after going through the Octopus, a slow, constant-high G load carousel part of the track. It put the car into a kind of limp mode that kicked me out of Sport Plus. Couldn't get it to clear until I came in and cycled the ignition. Happened twice in one session. Anyone else experience this?
Old 07-02-2014 | 03:31 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

There's a bunch of parts to that system. Low fluid or a lack of pressure (leak) in one of the circuits I bet could be your problem.

The bottle should be next to the power steering reservoir at least in the older model 911.
Old 07-02-2014 | 03:54 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

There's a service bulletin (i.e. voluntary recall) for this issue.

See your dealer, they have to reset the codes/software for the PDCC.

Known issue.
Old 07-02-2014 | 04:19 PM
paradocs98
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
There's a service bulletin (i.e. voluntary recall) for this issue.

See your dealer, they have to reset the codes/software for the PDCC.

Known issue.
Interesting, because my dealer did this to the car in May--WE18 update of control module for PDCC.
Old 07-02-2014 | 04:26 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by paradocs98
Interesting, because my dealer did this to the car in May--WE18 update of control module for PDCC.
Hmm, that's what I was referring to.

Sorry.
Old 07-02-2014 | 05:49 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

At a track event today and tomorrow at NJMP Thunderbolt. Car has SPASM and PDCC. Got a warning message for a PDCC fault right after going through the Octopus, a slow, constant-high G load carousel part of the track. It put the car into a kind of limp mode that kicked me out of Sport Plus. Couldn't get it to clear until I came in and cycled the ignition. Happened twice in one session. Anyone else experience this?
just be aware that the 997 PASM had a similar problem when looping thru the karussell on the nordschleife, which is a highly banked and uneven corner.

basically the car freaks out because of the accelerometer signals it is receiving which are 'beyond the norm' ... so it may not be a fault; simply the cornering forces
exceeded the cars expected limits and it freaked out and faulted PASM.
Old 07-02-2014 | 09:59 PM
paradocs98
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
just be aware that the 997 PASM had a similar problem when looping thru the karussell on the nordschleife, which is a highly banked and uneven corner.

basically the car freaks out because of the accelerometer signals it is receiving which are 'beyond the norm' ... so it may not be a fault; simply the cornering forces
exceeded the cars expected limits and it freaked out and faulted PASM.
Good to know. Between this issue and PDK automatically downshifting/kicking down under certain conditions on the track while in "manual" mode, I feel like I should have gotten a bare-bones 991S with no SPASM, no PDCC, and a manual transmission, and then done Moton or JRZ coilovers.
Old 07-03-2014 | 12:47 AM
lunarx
Rennlist Member

Good to know. Between this issue and PDK automatically downshifting/kicking down under certain conditions on the track while in "manual" mode, I feel like I should have gotten a bare-bones 991S with no SPASM, no PDCC, and a manual transmission, and then done Moton or JRZ coilovers.
+1 on that.
Porsche needs to offer better shocks.

Quick Reply: PDCC fault on track