Sponsored by:

Installed a SprintBooster in my C4S

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 05:50 PM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by bccars
They have the same throttle maps as the other Carreras, no ?
Yes, but the 4S is a grip monster compared to the RWD, and since you mentioned soaked wet twisty roads, thats pure heaven for me, I know I can still throw my SB enhanced car with total confidence.

Heres an update, After the initial rush of driving the car with the SB red setting, I find it a bit agressive. I am driving on the green setting and it feels more balanced, definetely much, much better tan stock but not that hardcore.

Now I find myself driving in Standard mode more often, something I never did before since it was so boring, the throttle is a bit sharper and more direct, and I still can try the coasting and start/stop features, best of both worlds
Old 06-30-2014, 06:21 PM
Duke I
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Nem posso comprender a nessidade duma coisa como essa com um 991. So' quer "poeira neles"?
Old 06-30-2014, 07:24 PM
DKC64
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Galion
I am driving on the green setting and it feels more balanced, definetely much, much better tan stock but not that hardcore.
On my previous Mini Cooper 1.6L I had it on green mode all the time as well. Took the SB off when I sold the car and sold the SB separately.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:14 PM
Galion
Pro

Ok guys, final update.
I had enough time today to drive the 991 and went for a few runs, drove some twisty roads, the highway and arround town.

First of all I stand on my words that the thing is freaking awesome, it definetely works eliminating the throttle lag, the red light mode is the most fun, really, really awesome! The car kicks off the line and you get the power sooner, but it feels like you are getting full throttle at 30% pressure of the pedal, very cool for a couple of days but it starts to get annoying since you loose the progressive character of this this car which I also love.
Note that the kick down feature ALWAYS gets in.

The green light mode is more balanced, you get full throttle at arround 50%, but the pedal response is no better than Sport or Sport + with the device turned off. Same response except at the very first second, works great on standard mode though, but again going WOT at 50% of the pedal travel gets old very fast.

So, would I buy it again for another PDK 991? The answer is no.
If I had an modern American muscle car I would get one hands down, I think the 991 is too refined and too -perfect- for this aftermarket device.
But still a bargain if you want to experience a different "feel" whenever you like.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:23 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Galion
Yes, but the 4S is a grip monster compared to the RWD, and since you mentioned soaked wet twisty roads, thats pure heaven for me, I know I can still throw my SB enhanced car with total confidence.
Oh well, in that case, I stand corrected :-)

(but I still wouldn't get it in my C2 though)
Old 07-02-2014, 08:43 AM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's what I call a progressive report Galion. Thanks
Old 07-03-2014, 11:48 PM
Galion
Pro

Originally Posted by Mondrian
That's what I call a progressive report Galion. Thanks
Yep, progressive isnt it?
Sprintbooster is out! Lying on my night stand, I hate that thing!!! Hahaha.
My long gone grandfather once said to me: "Only God and the stupid do not change....."

To be fair, it does its job very well, but I dont want it in my 991.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Galion; 07-04-2014 at 12:25 AM.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:44 AM
LA Brit
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Interesting stuff. Before i saw your final posts i was thinking why not just drive the car in sport plus with traction off to have some more fun. Personally i'm very happy driving the car in normal mode with the exhaust on loud for my daily commute and then switching it to sport if i want it to be more responsive. If you use the car as DD it's the same effect to be fair, perhaps to slightly less aggressive margin from what you've stated, however it sounds like it detracts from the overall feel of the car where as the standard settings improve upon them gradually via each of the three stock modes.

Always good to try out new stuff, thanks for the report.

Quick Reply: Installed a SprintBooster in my C4S