Sponsored by:

Any clue what color to sample this is?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 01:44 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

Hi Eduardo.

No. I didn't miss it. I was really curious so I called one of the guys there and he said it's signal orange. I told him no, it's signal yellow. He said no, it's signal orange. Not an argument but that's what he said. We were both laughing.

Do you think there is a possibility that Matthew is wrong and a car was painted a color not approved?

Of course we love eating crow here in Los Angeles. There are blackbirds all over the place.

Eduardo, tell me where the paint code would be. It's not on the fuel door on my 991. It's not under the frunk lid or with the vin on the car in the jamb drivers door. There is only a separate decal about the Xenons. If you tell me where to look I'll swing by just for the sake of Rennlisters everywhere tomorrow morning. I also check the vintage car for a respray. How about that?

Sound good?
Old 07-08-2014, 01:46 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

Oh, and I wasn't inferring that you were eating crow. I was just sharing how I like to eat my crow!
Old 07-08-2014, 03:19 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by MarcusG
Do you think there is a possibility that Matthew is wrong and a car was painted a color not approved?
No, Matthew is correct. I have the latest list that PCNA has published and 'Signal Orange' is not listed as approved or even under feasibility study. (see attached photo #1 of all the colors starting with 'S').

Eduardo, tell me where the paint code would be. It's not on the fuel door on my 991.
In PTS, the factory normally lists the 'colour' on the inside of the gasoline lid. That was the case in the 997's for sure! (see attached photos #2 & #3).

It's not under the frunk lid or with the vin on the car in the jamb drivers door. There is only a separate decal about the Xenons.
According to a dealer friend that has currently a 991 PTS on his showroom, the dealer can provide you with a printout from PCNA's computer order system that clearly states the exact name of the PTS color (see photo #4 & #5- although it's sideways!). For this you will need the cooperation of GM Bob Hogan or Sales Manager Primo Garcia. But you seem to know these guys well!

If you tell me where to look I'll swing by just for the sake of Rennlisters everywhere tomorrow morning. I also check the vintage car for a respray. How about that? Sound good?
Sounds terrific! And you will also be the lucky recipient of a beer or two on your next trip to Carmel!

Saludos,
Eduardo

Oh, and I wasn't inferring that you were eating crow. I was just sharing how I like to eat my crow!
If I am wrong, I'll gladly eat my crow. I like mine baked with 'orange' carrots & 'yellow' turnips! As an aside, I love all the 'Signal' colors from Porsche. I have owned three factory original paint examples to date - 'Signal Red' in a 1965 356C Cabriolet, 'Signal Yellow' in a 1973 911T Coupe and 'Signal Green' in a 2007 Carrera S Coupe. I have one to go - 'Signal Orange'!

Attached Images       

Quick Reply: Any clue what color to sample this is?