Received 1,200 Likes on 723 Posts

Originally Posted by BLAM

Had mine tinted locally. Love the look!

Looks nice! Brake lights too?
Old 06-20-2019, 05:59 PM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

Yes. "Simple" procedure if you pull the front bumper cover off, as others have stated. The light assembly itself is held-on with 4-5 screws, remove those, unplug frorm wiring harness, and you are done. On my 2015 GTS I had the bumper cover off to install Rennline mesh grills and found that one screw was missing on the driver side. Easy enough to replace.... if you need the official repair shop manual, give a shout.

Originally Posted by BGLeduc
Reviving an older thread.

Does anyone know conclusively what it takes to replace one of these front lights?

I noticed that I have a chip in my "new to me" 2015 GTS. It is not really all that noticeable (took me three weeks to notice it) but it is going to bug me, so I would like to replace it.
Old 06-20-2019, 08:08 PM
BGLeduc
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by plenum
Yes. "Simple" procedure if you pull the front bumper cover off, as others have stated. The light assembly itself is held-on with 4-5 screws, remove those, unplug frorm wiring harness, and you are done. On my 2015 GTS I had the bumper cover off to install Rennline mesh grills and found that one screw was missing on the driver side. Easy enough to replace.... if you need the official repair shop manual, give a shout.
Thanks for the offer.

I am not much of a wrench and while the video I watched looked straight forward, I have a long history of breaking things when trying to take things apart. I may live with the small chip for the time being.

Interestingly enough, the car has mesh grills installed, so I am guessing the PO must have had the front bumper cover off at some point. I didn’t realize those were not stock until reading about them here.

Quick Reply: Blacked-out front fender lights