Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White C2S with black roof(pics)…Your thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014 | 10:37 AM
Pazzo009
Pro

Default White C2S with black roof(pics)…Your thoughts?

Hi guys, just curious about some feedback. I don't love it or hate it. It's growing on me. I guess it's one of those things that has to be seen in person, but here goes.
Attached Images     
Old 06-03-2014 | 10:46 AM
LexVan
Banned

Car looks great! Is that a flat black wrap on the roof? I like everything except the little red stickers on your front bumper.

Did you wrap the rear red reflectors white, or are those from BumperPlugs (painted)?
Old 06-03-2014 | 10:58 AM
Pazzo009
Pro

Originally Posted by LexVan
Car looks great! Is that a flat black wrap on the roof? I like everything except the little red stickers on your front bumper.

Did you wrap the rear red reflectors white, or are those from BumperPlugs (painted)?
Yes, it's satin black vinyl. It matches the window moldings almost perfect. The rear reflectors are wrapped as well. The little red stickers say Porsche. I figured it would break it up a bit and add a little more red. I put subtle things on the car, and then remove them after a while. I'm like a kid experimenting with little things.
Old 06-03-2014 | 12:38 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

I like it Have you tried the stickers placed right behind the front tire? The Car looks great by the way Pazzo.
Old 06-03-2014 | 12:47 PM
Pazzo009
Pro

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning
I like it Have you tried the stickers placed right behind the front tire? The Car looks great by the way Pazzo.
Thank you very much….I might next time around.
Old 06-03-2014 | 12:59 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

did you get the power take-off lawn mower attachment option? looks like that would be useful.

I like the black roof.
Old 06-03-2014 | 01:11 PM
Pazzo009
Pro

Originally Posted by Hammer911
did you get the power take-off lawn mower attachment option? looks like that would be useful.

I like the black roof.
LOL….It would fun too. When I first bought the house I was gonna buy a industrial mower, thank God my brother talked me out of it. I would have no life.
Old 06-03-2014 | 01:35 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Hammer911
did you get the power take-off lawn mower attachment option? looks like that would be useful...
Good one!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-03-2014 | 01:53 PM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Pazzo009
Yes, it's satin black vinyl. It matches the window moldings almost perfect. The rear reflectors are wrapped as well. The little red stickers say Porsche. I figured it would break it up a bit and add a little more red. I put subtle things on the car, and then remove them after a while. I'm like a kid experimenting with little things.
Looks great! Did you do it yourself, or hire someone? If you did it yourself, did you remove the weather stripping or tuck the ends down behind the rubber strips?

I too have been experimenting.... I did similar project, wrapped roof in CF DiNoc vinyl, am about to do satin black. I removed the CF after a couple of days as I wasn't happy with the way it was a bit out of wack where it met the weatherstripping. I had a hard time getting it tucked-in, and there were some stretch marks. For the matte black I am removing all of the weatherstripping, then replacing once the vinyl is tucked.

Thanks!
Old 06-03-2014 | 02:03 PM
Pazzo009
Pro

Originally Posted by jawells1
Looks great! Did you do it yourself, or hire someone? If you did it yourself, did you remove the weather stripping or tuck the ends down behind the rubber strips?

I too have been experimenting.... I did similar project, wrapped roof in CF DiNoc vinyl, am about to do satin black. I removed the CF after a couple of days as I wasn't happy with the way it was a bit out of wack where it met the weatherstripping. I had a hard time getting it tucked-in, and there were some stretch marks. For the matte black I am removing all of the weatherstripping, then replacing once the vinyl is tucked.

Thanks!
I am capable of doing minor wrap projects but I felt this was beyond my scope…and it indeed was. I hired a professional. The gaskets are tight as hell and he was able to get the vinyl under it. He did a excellent job, but it did take him over 3.5 hours to do it.
Old 06-03-2014 | 02:22 PM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Pazzo009
I am capable of doing minor wrap projects but I felt this was beyond my scope…and it indeed was. I hired a professional. The gaskets are tight as hell and he was able to get the vinyl under it. He did a excellent job, but it did take him over 3.5 hours to do it.
Thanks!

For what it's worth, the weather stripping rubber around the roof panel comes off really really easily, and is very easy to put back in. Removing this gives the installer a really clean "slot" to tuck the vinyl into. There are smaller sections of weatherstripping in the front and rear sections of the roof that are a bit harder to remove, but also should be eaily replaceable. Should save a ton of install time when wrapping, and lower the risk of damaging the rubber or the paint when trimming the vinyl or forcing it down into the grooves.

Again, very nice car!
Old 06-03-2014 | 02:37 PM
Pazzo009
Pro

Originally Posted by jawells1
Thanks!

For what it's worth, the weather stripping rubber around the roof panel comes off really really easily, and is very easy to put back in. Removing this gives the installer a really clean "slot" to tuck the vinyl into. There are smaller sections of weatherstripping in the front and rear sections of the roof that are a bit harder to remove, but also should be eaily replaceable. Should save a ton of install time when wrapping, and lower the risk of damaging the rubber or the paint when trimming the vinyl or forcing it down into the grooves.

Again, very nice car!
Thank you very much. Yeah he left it all on. The one that gave me trouble was the one that borders the rear window. It got pushed down and it took finesse and patience to pull it back up.
Old 06-03-2014 | 02:43 PM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Not fair! With a setting like that you could wrap it in pink icing and it would still look fab!
Old 06-03-2014 | 02:51 PM
Pazzo009
Pro

Thank you…Would guys think I was crazy if I put a chicane in my driveway? My wife is not amused.
Old 06-03-2014 | 02:57 PM
MerlinsGarage
Burning Brakes

Wonder how it would look with matching frunk ala GT 2 RS?

Quick Reply: White C2S with black roof(pics)…Your thoughts?