Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anti wind throb flics for 991 coupes

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 02:41 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

Will future versions be rattle-can? Or you gonna stick with crayon?

When you say it works even when deflected at speed, it makes me think it really doesn't need to be bent out at all, just extend back a ways? Crazy how such a tiny change can make such a big difference. Really makes you appreciate all the little changes Porsche has made over the years and models.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:20 PM
Cult Leader
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got za skeelz zat pay za belz. You can use the stick on deflectors canards

Originally Posted by chuck911
What? No carbon fiber?! Milk bottle plastic is cloudy, but the plastic used for packaging things like blow driers is clear and only slightly thicker. I've used it to fashion vanes to keep cold AC air directed away from my wife and towards me. The real fix though would be to change the shape of that trim piece to incorporate a half inch vane or tail. If you have mad skills (skillz? skeels? never mind) you could cover the trim with carbon fiber incorporating the vane shape. But this calls for mad, uh, extensive fabrication expertise. I just thought I would mention that because chicks dig guys with extensive fabrication expertise.
Sent from my iPad using Rennlist
Old 05-26-2014, 04:40 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 323 Likes on 195 Posts

Will future versions be rattle-can? Or you gonna stick with crayon?
Crayon? Do you think I play with crayons? Too old for that. ... magic marker. Rust-Oleum more better:
Attached Images  
Old 05-26-2014, 04:42 PM
Zohan
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Porsche can't compete with your R&D budget
Old 05-26-2014, 04:49 PM
Cult Leader
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Multi-Racing...361f78&vxp=mtr

Sent from my iPad using Rennlist
Old 05-26-2014, 05:07 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Originally Posted by Cult Leader
Other than the sticky part that looks like it could do the job. Thanks.

Never would have guessed from a product description of: Multi-Racing-Lip-Spoiler-Canard-Roof-Bonnet-Rubber-Deflector-Bumper.

Their sales pitch is exceptional:
"High performance material & technology...What we pursue is real sports performance...Feedback for racing technology is a true sense of feeling that is conveyed over your entire body...Be faster and more dynamic...Protect the car's front bumper, cushioning the impact with the road."

Never would have thought about "a true sense of feeling that is conveyed over your entire body" and "cushioning the impact with the road". I was just working up to "stop the banging in your head" and "hear the full PSE again". Better consult with my marketing department.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:20 PM
chuck911
Race Car

You call that marketing? That's not marketing! THIS is marketing! BEHOLD the Three Wolf Shirt!

Amazon.com: The Mountain Men's Three Wolf Moon Short Sleeve Tee: Clothing Amazon.com: The Mountain Men's Three Wolf Moon Short Sleeve Tee: Clothing

This item has wolves on it which makes it intrinsically sweet and worth 5 stars by itself, but once I tried it on, that's when the magic happened. After checking to ensure that the shirt would properly cover my girth, I walked from my trailer to Wal-mart with the shirt on and was immediately approached by women. The women knew from the wolves on my shirt that I, like a wolf, am a mysterious loner who knows how to 'howl at the moon' from time to time (if you catch my drift!). The women that approached me wanted to know if I would be their boyfriend and/or give them money for something they called mehth. I told them no, because they didn't have enough teeth, and frankly a man with a wolf-shirt shouldn't settle for the first thing that comes to him.

I arrived at Wal-mart, mounted my courtesy-scooter (walking is such a drag!) sitting side saddle so that my wolves would show. While I was browsing tube socks, I could hear aroused asthmatic breathing behind me. I turned around to see a slightly sweaty dream in sweatpants and flip-flops standing there. She told me she liked the wolves on my shirt, I told her I wanted to howl at her moon. She offered me a swig from her mountain dew, and I drove my scooter, with her shuffling along side out the door and into the rest of our lives. Thank you wolf shirt.

Pros: Fits my girthy frame, has wolves on it, attracts women
Cons: Only 3 wolves (could probably use a few more on the 'guns'), cannot see wolves when sitting with arms crossed, wolves would have been better if they glowed in the dark.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:29 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

You call that marketing? That's not marketing! THIS is marketing! BEHOLD the Three Wolf Shirt!

[
It was all I could to to spray them without doing the kitchen table, much. How the hell am I supposed to paint three wolves on them? I guess Amazon is out for distribution.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:37 PM
Zohan
Racer

Looks like it was interpreted using one of these auto translators on the web from Chinese and the guy knows as much about his product of my Porsche dealer. I think it could work, you could twist it the way you need it. The glue is made by 3M so it should be ok. You'll get semi professional look for under $40.

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
Other than the sticky part that looks like it could do the job. Thanks.

Never would have guessed from a product description of: Multi-Racing-Lip-Spoiler-Canard-Roof-Bonnet-Rubber-Deflector-Bumper.

Their sales pitch is exceptional:
"High performance material & technology...What we pursue is real sports performance...Feedback for racing technology is a true sense of feeling that is conveyed over your entire body...Be faster and more dynamic...Protect the car's front bumper, cushioning the impact with the road."

Never would have thought about "a true sense of feeling that is conveyed over your entire body" and "cushioning the impact with the road". I was just working up to "stop the banging in your head" and "hear the full PSE again". Better consult with my marketing department.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:07 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Originally Posted by Zohan
Looks like it was interpreted using one of these auto translators on the web from Chinese and the guy knows as much about his product of my Porsche dealer. I think it could work, you could twist it the way you need it. The glue is made by 3M so it should be ok. You'll get semi professional look for under $40.

I think you are right. They appear wide enough to do the job- the web site has a picture from a GT3 RS 4 from the web rather than the product fitted. But it also indicates that it is about an inch and half wide. Being rubber it should be easy to cut to a length that fits. So long as you don't mind the semi permanent fitment go for it.. and be sure to let us know how they work.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:56 PM
Zohan
Racer

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
I think you are right. They appear wide enough to do the job- the web site has a picture from a GT3 RS 4 from the web rather than the product fitted. But it also indicates that it is about an inch and half wide. Being rubber it should be easy to cut to a length that fits. So long as you don't mind the semi permanent fitment go for it.. and be sure to let us know how they work.

@chuck I was looking at canards on ebay this one looks cleaner. Do you think this one will work?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-PC-AIR-VOR...083602&vxp=mtr
Old 05-26-2014, 08:54 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Holy Moley look at them lug nuts! What every Porsche needs … in the Thunder Dome!
Old 05-27-2014, 12:05 AM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Heck - why shop at ebay for Porsche parts when Home Depot is just a few blocks away! Looks like this stuff would do the job for canards and mirror flicks for buffeting. Could attach it with roofing nails or liquid nails. Comes in Black only. Trim to length. Wolf decals available separately.
Attached Images   
Old 05-27-2014, 04:47 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Notice, one and two wolves, but no Three Wolf! You want to get the asthmatic slightly sweaty dream babes you need three wolves! A 911 will not do the trick, no matter how many roofing nails you put in it!
Old 05-27-2014, 09:12 AM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Originally Posted by Zohan
@chuck I was looking at canards on ebay this one looks cleaner. Do you think this one will work?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-PC-AIR-VOR...083602&vxp=mtr
They might, mounted more vertically, if you don't mind gluing stuff on to find out.

Quick Reply: Anti wind throb flics for 991 coupes