Gear shift assist - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
Sponsored by:

Gear shift assist

Old 03-14-2019, 04:54 PM
Cyberbug
Addict
Rennlist Member

Was wondering about this as well, manual says it’s available for MT cars only. Wondering if only works in sports or sports + mode. Haven’t seen mine move yet but I am still in break in period.

any more insight?
Old 03-14-2019, 05:00 PM
Cyberbug
Addict
Rennlist Member

Per this video looks like it comes on after 5000rpm...I haven’t hit that yet

Old 03-14-2019, 05:29 PM
Rennolazine
Addict
Rennlist Member

Agree its worthless for me. If you are on the beans and it starts to light up at 5k you need to shift in the next couple seconds anyway. Better off looking at the road and tach, and using your ears. Good luck looking at the small peripheral screen when you are hanging on for dear life with one hand off the wheel about to redline shift 3->4 going 100+ on a bend over road imperfections. If you can do it then you are a much better driver than I am.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:52 AM
Jabs1542
Addict
Rennlist Member

It’s very helpful on the track, particularly when you are tracking out of a corner, in traffic, and reach the top of 2nd gear. It pops up in my periphery when it goes yellow, I know red is coming quickly, and I adjust the balance of the car (while still in the turn) in order to make the 2-3 shift clean. Way too much going on if your side-by-side as it isn’t convenient to watch the tach. BTW if you wind out 2nd when doing the 2-3 shift while still in the turn the rear end will lurch and bark (3rd gear scratch) if you don’t keep the car balanced. There are several tracks I frequent that force this shift.

I also used it when I had heat problems before I installed the center radiator. Short shifting when the Shift Assistant turns yellow kept me from high revving / overheating the engine. Fortunately the center radiator has solved that problem.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gear shift assist

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: