Sponsored by:

My C4S finally arrived! My thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 03:35 PM
maxpowers
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default My C4S finally arrived! My thoughts

After an excruciating decision about which car to buy, numerous test drives, finally deciding on the 911, then having to custom order, my car has finally arrived!

I'm really thankful for all the info I've gained from the reading the forum while waiting. Now that I've driven it a few days I just wanted to share my initial impression:

The car just feels solid. The exterior and interior build quality far surpasses my expectations. I hadn't been in a 911 in several months

After reading some posts I was worried about the 7MT, but I actually really love it. The clutch engages earlier than my other car which took some getting used to, but now that I've got the hang of it I just love changing and skipping gears. The only downside is that that upshift indicator is basically always on, even at 1500 RPM, but I just ignore it completely now.

The cabin tech is much better than I was expecting. My local salesman knew nothing about it and I only had a few minutes with it when I was test driving, but now that I have the car I'm very impressed with the multifunction display, the bluetooth connectivity, navigation, music, etc. I got the base audio and am extremely happy with the sound quality.

I also like the entry and drive. It's very convenient to not have to fumble for the key anymore. The only downside is I don't like the look of a key always in the ignition and I wish I could just turn something there when the key is close by.

Another minor annoyance is the number of places where the manual says you can do X, Y, and Z, but the options are either different or non-existent in the car, such as with the daytime running lights, upshift indicator, or text messages.

As far as actual driving I really like having the normal and sport modes. I can hear and feel a huge difference between the 2 and love being able to drive in Sport when I have an open road and put it in normal when I'm in a parking lot.

Since I'm breaking the car in I haven't pushed it that much, but it does feel very fast and is a joy to drive even when keeping under 4200 rpm. The steering feels just right to me and I can tell it really hugs the road. I can't wait to break the car in and take it to the track someday.

When I'm driving the car I love the feeling of the MF steering wheel and all the things I can do with the MF display and the wheel. I have the 2 tone interior and I also really like the deviated stitching and the general feeling of everything in the cabin. I also have plenty of room for everything with the frunk, back seats, and little interior compartments.

My only complaints aside from what I've mentioned already is I didn't realize just how big the car is. It barely fits in my garage and I really wish I had a backup camera. The front parking sensors also don't sense low enough to keep you from scratching under the car when parking.

My other complaint is the car is just so nice I don't want anything to happen to it, so I put a car cover on it in the garage and am extremely afraid when parking that someone will scratch it. I also find myself thinking of excuses to drive the car and "accidentally" end up taking the long way home through twisting roads rather than heading straight home.

Options: I was a little concerned about ordering the 2 tone interior I hadn't seen in person, but I really like it. Not getting sport chrono was an agonizing decision, but I'm happy with the clean look of the dash and Sport seems to be enough. I also found the power folding side mirrors to be a huge benefit so I don't bump into the mirrors when walking between the 2 cars in the garage or when parked. Since I'm not an audiophile I'm happy I didn't spend extra on a sound system since this sounds amazing to me. The non-glass sunroof also works really well and I'm glad I added it at the last minute.

My favorite option is getting the 7MT. I just can't imagine driving this car without a manual and I'm so glad I waiting all these months to get the car I wanted instead of buying one off the lot.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:39 PM
CBejbl
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Too many words. Needs more pics.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:48 PM
Cheekymonkeyman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great feedback and really pleased you're enjoying it! I can relate to the long route home!
I thought the same about the folding mirrors until i realised the rear haunches on the c4s were as wide as the extended mirrors!
+1 on the pics
Old 05-13-2014, 03:49 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,398 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Congrats on the new car.

Tip: Don't use a car cover on a dirty car. Only causes more scratches. Now you need to launder that cover.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:52 PM
stealthboy
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Until I see pics I'm not sure your car exists.

But I'll take your word for it - so congratulations! Kudos on the 7MT. Enjoy it. Personally, I would ditch the car cover. It'll do more harm than good unless you're washing the car every time you wish to use the cover.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:10 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 313 Likes on 188 Posts

Whatsitlooklike?
Old 05-13-2014, 05:12 PM
maxpowers
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Pics

Not the best pics, esp interior inside the garage, but I wanted to post something
Attached Images   
Old 05-13-2014, 05:16 PM
Cheekymonkeyman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now the pictures are talking... Stunning colour... Congrats!
Old 05-13-2014, 06:37 PM
Pez D. Spencer
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not too many words, tell us more.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:08 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice pics, and beautiful car. Congrats and continue to enjoy it. If you love it now, you will REALLY love it after it's broken in and you can punch it up to the red line.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:20 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Very nice! Another DBM. congrats.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:41 PM
beebalm
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations Maxpowers on your new sweet baby
BeeBalm

Old 05-13-2014, 07:46 PM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats! Enjoy in good health!
Old 05-13-2014, 07:56 PM
Porsche Jeff
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Congrats and welcome. Nice review. Love my 7MT couldn't imagine a P car without one.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:58 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 14 Posts

Glad you are happy with it. Love the two tone leather. Enjoy!

Quick Reply: My C4S finally arrived! My thoughts